Home > Effexor > Diabetes mellitus > Effexor and Diabetes mellitus
Review: could Effexor cause Diabetes mellitus (Diabetes)?
We study 52,220 people who have side effects while taking Effexor from FDA and social media. Among them, 1,477 have Diabetes mellitus. Find out below who they are, when they have Diabetes mellitus and more.
Get connected: join a mobile support group for people who take Effexor and have Diabetes mellitus >>>
Effexor (latest outcomes from 55,017 users) has active ingredients of venlafaxine hydrochloride. It is often used in depression.
Diabetes mellitus (diabetes, caused by a deficiency of the pancreatic hormone insulin) (latest reports from 382,368 patients) has been reported by people with depression, bipolar disorder, high blood pressure, schizophrenia, stress and anxiety.
On Oct, 13, 2014: 52,220 people reported to have side effects when taking Effexor. Among them, 1,477 people (2.83%) have Diabetes Mellitus.
Time on Effexor when people have Diabetes mellitus * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years |
|Diabetes mellitus||10.98%||13.41%||8.54%||24.39%||21.95%||14.63%||6.10% |
Age of people who have Diabetes mellitus when taking Effexor * :
|Diabetes mellitus||0.63%||0.00%||1.47%||5.02%||19.96%||38.10%||25.05%||9.77% |
Severity of Diabetes mellitus when taking Effexor ** :
|least||moderate||severe||most severe |
|Diabetes mellitus||40.00%||60.00%||0.00%||0.00% |
How people recovered from Diabetes mellitus ** :
|while on the drug||after off the drug||not yet |
|Diabetes mellitus||0.00%||50.00%||50.00% |
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Depression (709 people, 48.00%)
- Bipolar disorder (362 people, 24.51%)
- Anxiety (352 people, 23.83%)
- Sleep disorder (212 people, 14.35%)
- Insomnia (171 people, 11.58%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Seroquel (1,074 people, 72.71%)
- Zyprexa (596 people, 40.35%)
- Effexor xr (589 people, 39.88%)
- Risperdal (463 people, 31.35%)
- Ambien (312 people, 21.12%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Do you have Diabetes Mellitus while taking Effexor?
Get connected! Join a mobile support group:
- support group for people who take Effexor and have Diabetes Mellitus
- support group for people who take Effexor
- support group for people who have Diabetes Mellitus
Comments from related studies:
From this study (2 years ago):
Tim J on Jul, 10, 2011:
I took this drug and it killed 40 percent of my achilles tendon.
George P on May, 7, 2012:
I developed torticollis soon after starting abilify. At the same time, I developed pain in my left side. An MRI revealed 4 ruptured disks in my spine, a known cause of torticollis.
Conclusion: I have no idea (neither, it seems, do the doctors). But I found abilify very effective for its purpose.
From this study (3 years ago):
Discontinuance has been very difficult
Can you answer these questions (what is this?):
More questions for: Effexor, Diabetes mellitus
You may be interested at these reviews (what is this?):
- I wish i had never taken ambien
Ambien was prescribed after my sleep study showed severe sleep latency and awakening. In the five hours I slept I woke 85 times and had only 5 minutes of deep sleep. However, the doctors couldn't make a recommendation because they could detect no cause for the poor sleep pattern. My doctor offered A ...
- My ex-boyfriend's effexor effects
In my fifth year of living with my ex-boyfriend, he began taking Effexor and soon developed urinary incontinence, kidney failure and nightmares or night terrors so severe that he frequently screamed for prolonged periods, flailed and threw punches in his sleep. Upon ceasing to take Effexor, his sle ...
- Effexor xr 150 mg and phentermine 37.5 mg
phentermine has caused significant weight loss. Effexor XR manages my GAD and depression but causes random physiological anxiety attacks, drastic increase in sweating, vivid and nightly nightmares
More reviews for: Effexor, Diabetes mellitus
On eHealthMe, Effexor (venlafaxine hydrochloride) is often used for depression. Find out below the conditions Effexor is used for, how effective it is, and any alternative drugs that you can use to treat those same conditions.
What is Effexor used for and how effective is it:
Other drugs that are used to treat the same conditions:
Could it be a symptom from a condition:
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause it?
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.
44 million health professionals and patients have studied on eHealthMe. Recent studies:
- Sertraline, Hydrocodone Bitartrate And Acetaminophen, Lisinopril for a 68-year old man who has Depression, Pain, Blood Pressure Increased (60 seconds ago)
- Alendronate Sodium, Sertraline, Gabapentin, Metoprolol Tartrate for a 76-year old woman who has Bone Density Decreased, Depression, Fibromyalgia, A Fib (6 minutes ago)
- Ibuprofen, Tramadol, Prazosin Hydrochloride, Simvastatin, Cyclobenzaprine Hydrochloride, Nabumetone, Mirtazapine for a 36-year old man who has Inflammation Localised, Pain, Nightmares, Hyperlipidemia, Muscle Spasms, Pain - Bones, Depression (6 minutes ago)
Recent mobile support groups
- Primary Biliary Cirrhosis
- Fibromyalgia and Hyponatraemia
- Hair Loss and Gabapentin
- Arthritis - Osteoarthritis and Keppra
Recent user comments
- "Acute onset. August LFT's normal, Mirtazapine added S ... " (10 minutes ago)
- "also prescribed levothyroxine sodium but had to take ... " (59 minutes ago)
- "also prescribed synthroid but had to take self off. b ... " (1 hour ago)
- Glomerulonephritis Pulmonary Hemorrhage
- Breast Enlargement