Review: could Effexor cause Erection problems?
Summary: Erection problems is found among people who take Effexor, especially for people who are male, 50-59 old, have been taking the drug for < 1 month, also take medication Effexor xr, and have Depression.
We study 52,333 people who have side effects while taking Effexor from FDA and social media. Among them, 445 have Erection problems. Find out below who they are, when they have Erection problems and more.
You are not alone: join a support group for people who take Effexor and have Erection problems >>>
Effexor has active ingredients of venlafaxine hydrochloride. It is often used in depression. (latest outcomes from 55,150 Effexor users)
Erection problems has been reported by people with depression, high blood pressure, high blood cholesterol, pain, hair loss. (latest reports from 31,506 Erection problems patients)
On Apr, 2, 2015: 52,333 people reported to have side effects when taking Effexor. Among them, 445 people (0.85%) have Erection Problems.
Time on Effexor when people have Erection problems * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years |
|Erection problems||27.74%||23.36%||14.60%||18.25%||9.49%||4.38%||2.19% |
Age of people who have Erection problems when taking Effexor * :
|Erection problems||0.00%||0.00%||2.08%||16.22%||13.51%||24.32%||27.44%||16.42% |
Severity of Erection problems when taking Effexor ** :
|least||moderate||severe||most severe |
|Erection problems||13.64%||45.45%||27.27%||13.64% |
How people recovered from Erection problems ** :
|while on the drug||after off the drug||not yet |
|Erection problems||10.00%||20.00%||70.00% |
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Depression (213 people, 47.87%)
- Anxiety (73 people, 16.40%)
- Pain (69 people, 15.51%)
- Anxiety disorder (46 people, 10.34%)
- Hypertension (45 people, 10.11%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Effexor xr (295 people, 66.29%)
- Lexapro (118 people, 26.52%)
- Zoloft (89 people, 20.00%)
- Seroquel (80 people, 17.98%)
- Neurontin (79 people, 17.75%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Get connected: join our support group of effexor and erection problems on
Do you have Erection Problems while taking Effexor?
You are not alone! Join a support group on :
- support group for people who take Effexor and have Erection Problems
- support group for people who take Effexor
- support group for people who have Erection Problems
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause:
- A study of drug interactions between Janumet, Effexor Xr for a 54-year old man with Diabetes, Depression. The patient has Uneasiness
- A study of drug interactions between Buspar, Methadone Hydrochloride, Paxil, Effexor for a 28-year old man with Anxiety Disorder, Addiction, Depression. The patient has Hot Flashes
- A study of drug interactions between Multivitamin, Tamoxifen Citrate, Parnate, Effexor Xr for a 67-year old woman with Vitamin Supplementation, Precancerous Cells Present, Drug Effect Increased, Depression. The patient has Waking Up Nauseous Every Morning
- A study of drug interactions between Venlafaxine Hydrochloride, Propranolol Hydrochloride, Levothyroxine Sodium for a 57-year old woman with Generalised Anxiety Disorder, Graves Disease. The patient has Shakes, Palpitations, Shortness Of Breath
- A study of drug interactions between Cetirizine Hydrochloride, Amlodipine, Doxepin Hydrochloride, Effexor Xr, Depakote Er, Baclofen for a 37-year old woman with Allergies, Blood Pressure Fluctuation, Sleep Disorder Due To General Medical Condition, Insomnia Type, Anxiety Disorder, Seizure Disorder, Spasticity. The patient has Back Pain, Weakness, Palpitations
Recent Effexor related drug comparison:
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.