Review: could Effexor cause Erection problems?
(By eHealthMe on Mar, 6, 2014)
Severity ratings: 2.3/4
On a scale of 1 to 4: 1=least, 2=moderate, 3=severe, 4=most severe
We study 51,903 people who take Effexor. Among them, 444 have Erection problems. See who they are, when they have Erection problems and more. This review is based on reports from FDA and social media, and is updated regularly.
For patients like me, how are my drugs? On eHealthMe, you can research 300 million drug outcomes from FDA and social media. We use data reported since 1977 till to date. All studies are personalized to gender and age. Start now >>>
Effexor (latest outcomes from 54,828 users) has active ingredients of venlafaxine hydrochloride. It is often used in depression, stress and anxiety. Commonly reported side effects of Effexor include nausea, nausea aggravated, depression, stress and anxiety, depression aggravated.
Erection problems (latest reports from 128,874 patients) has been reported by people with depression, high blood pressure, high blood cholesterol, pain, stress and anxiety.
On Mar, 6, 2014: 51,903 people reported to have side effects when taking Effexor. Among them, 444 people (0.86%) have Erection Problems.
Time on Effexor when people have Erection problems * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years |
|Erection problems||27.94%||23.53%||14.71%||17.65%||9.56%||4.41%||2.21% |
Age of people who have Erection problems when taking Effexor * :
|Erection problems||0.00%||0.00%||2.08%||16.25%||13.54%||24.38%||27.50%||16.25% |
Severity of Erection problems when taking Effexor ** :
|least||moderate||severe||most severe |
|Erection problems||14.29%||47.62%||28.57%||9.52% |
How people recovered from Erection problems ** :
|while on the drug||after off the drug||not yet |
|Erection problems||10.00%||20.00%||70.00% |
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Depression (213 people, 47.97%)
- Anxiety (73 people, 16.44%)
- Pain (69 people, 15.54%)
- Anxiety disorder (46 people, 10.36%)
- Hypertension (45 people, 10.14%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Effexor xr (294 people, 66.22%)
- Lexapro (118 people, 26.58%)
- Zoloft (89 people, 20.05%)
- Seroquel (80 people, 18.02%)
- Neurontin (79 people, 17.79%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Related topic: Effexor, Erection problems
You can also:
On eHealthMe, Effexor (venlafaxine hydrochloride) is often used for depression. Find out below the conditions Effexor is used for, how effective it is, and any alternative drugs that you can use to treat those same conditions.
What is Effexor used for and how effective is it:
Other drugs that are used to treat the same conditions:
Could it be a symptom from a condition:
Browse Effexor side effects from A to Z:
Browse Effexor drug interactions with drugs from A to Z:
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause it?
Comments from related studies:
From this study (12 months ago):
Depression dysthemia off & on for 15+ years often severe with suicidal. Started effexor and in 1-3 months went from "severely depressed" on Beck depression questionare to "no signs of depression". A life saver. Thought I'd never be cured again......This after no success with several months to years trials of Cipralex, Welbutrin, Divalproex
From this study (2 years ago):
I have no libido and unable to obtain any sort of erectio
Post a new comment OR Read more comments
Can you answer these questions (what is this?):
- After being on zoloft (sertraline) for 19 years, i now notice multiple side effects and i want to get off
I have been on Zoloft (sertraline) for 19 years for chronic depression. When I first started taking Zoloft, it made a huge positive impact on my life. It was a miracle drug for me. I believe it saved my life.
Ten or so years ago it suddenly stopped working. My doctor had me try several other S ...
- Can cialis cause pain in the penis?
Cialis causes moderate pain in the penis. Is this a cause for concern?
- Could this be cataplexy?
I have been diagnosed with bio-polar about 4 years ago. Since then I also have experienced panic attacks and something I think might be caterplexy. Sometimes when I am in therapy session and things get heated emotionally my body kind of shuts down. My arms,legs everything gets kind of heavy and I ki ...
More questions for: Effexor, Erection problems
You may be interested at these reviews (what is this?):
- Effexor xr 150 mg and phentermine 37.5 mg
phentermine has caused significant weight loss. Effexor XR manages my GAD and depression but causes random physiological anxiety attacks, drastic increase in sweating, vivid and nightly nightmares
- Accutane made me impotent
I am a 61 year old male who was prescribed Accutane at the age of 58 by my ophthalmologist to speed in the healing of my retina from a retinal detachment. It did me absolutely no good whatsoever in that regard and actually caused me to have permanent impotence. My problem started at the exact same ...
- Libido decreased with erectile dysfunction by using olmesartan 20 mg. daily
Libido decreased with erectile dysfunction by using Olmesartan 20 mg. daily.
Other related / associated conditions : anxiety and work stress
More reviews for: Effexor, Erection problems
Recent related drug studies:
- A study of side effects of Effexor Xr for a patient with Depression. The patient has Orthostatic Hypotension (a medical condition consisting of a sudden decrease in blood pressure when a person stands up), Sexual Dysfunction (difficulty experienced by an individual or a couple during any stage of a normal sexual activity)
- A study of side effects of Venlafaxine Hydrochloride for a patient with Deppression. The patient has Erectile Dysfunction
- A study of side effects of Venlafaxine Hydrochloride for a patient with Depression. The patient has Erectile Dysfunction
- A study of side effects of Effexor Xr for a patient with Anxiety Disorder. The patient has Night Sweats (sweating in night), Migraine (headache), Obsessive Thoughts (intrusive thoughts that produce uneasiness, apprehension, fear, or worry;), Abnormal Dreams, Sexual Dysfunction (difficulty experienced by an individual or a couple during any stage of a normal sexual activity), Loss Of Libido (loss of sexual urge), Orgasmic Sensation Decreased (less sensation of orgasm), Insomnia (sleeplessness), Fatigue (feeling of tiredness)
More related studies for: Effexor, Erection problems
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.