Review: could Effexor cause Fecal incontinence (Bowel incontinence)?
Summary: Fecal incontinence is reported only by a few people who take Effexor.
We study 52,333 people who have side effects while taking Effexor from FDA and social media. Among them, 2 have Fecal incontinence. Find out below who they are, when they have Fecal incontinence and more.
You are not alone: join a support group for people who take Effexor and have Fecal incontinence >>>
Effexor has active ingredients of venlafaxine hydrochloride. It is often used in depression. (latest outcomes from 55,150 Effexor users)
Fecal incontinence (inability to control stool) has been reported by people with depression, high blood pressure, high blood cholesterol, generalized anxiety disorder, hypothyroidism. (latest reports from 98 Fecal incontinence patients)
On Mar, 30, 2015: 52,318 people reported to have side effects when taking Effexor. Among them, 2 people (0.00%) have Fecal Incontinence.
Time on Effexor when people have Fecal incontinence * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years |
|Fecal incontinence||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||50.00%||50.00%||0.00%||0.00% |
Age of people who have Fecal incontinence when taking Effexor * :
|Fecal incontinence||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||50.00%||50.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00% |
Severity of Fecal incontinence when taking Effexor ** :
|least||moderate||severe||most severe |
|Fecal incontinence||100.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00% |
How people recovered from Fecal incontinence ** :
|while on the drug||after off the drug||not yet |
|Fecal incontinence||0.00%||0.00%||100.00% |
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Stress (1 people, 50.00%)
- Anxiety disorder (1 people, 50.00%)
- Birth control (1 people, 50.00%)
- Acid reflux (1 people, 50.00%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Effexor xr (2 people, 100.00%)
- Remeron (1 people, 50.00%)
- Propranolol hydrochloride (1 people, 50.00%)
- Spironolactone (1 people, 50.00%)
- Safyral (1 people, 50.00%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Get connected: join our support group of effexor and fecal incontinence on
Do you have Fecal Incontinence while taking Effexor?
You are not alone! Join a support group on :
- support group for people who take Effexor and have Fecal Incontinence
- support group for people who take Effexor
- support group for people who have Fecal Incontinence
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause:
- A study of drug interactions between Probiotics, Ferrous Fumarate, Multivitamin, Amoxicillin And Clavulanate Potassium, Effexor Xr, Maxalt-mlt, Ibuprofen, Estrogel, Progesterone, Veramyst, Singulair, Spiriva, Aspirin, Atenolol, Ranolazine for a 53-year old woman with Vaginal Yeast Infection, Restless Leg Syndrome, General Physical Health Deterioration, Sinusitis Bacterial, Depression Postmenopausal, Migraine Without Aura, Headache, Menopause, Allergic Sinusitis, Asthma Late Onset, Blood Cholesterol Abnormal, Mitral Valve Prolapse, Non-cardiac Chest Pain. The patient has Uti - Chronic Or Recurrent, Bacterial Rhinitis, Stress Incontinence, Tingling And Numbness, Hypoglycaemia
- A study of drug interactions between Effexor, Elavil, Sonata for a 23-year old woman with Major Depression, Antidepressant Therapy, Insomnia Related To Another Mental Condition. The patient has Accessory Nipples
- A study of drug interactions between Topiramate, Venlafaxine Hydrochloride for a 58-year old woman with Seizure Disorder, Hot Flashes.
- A study of drug interactions between Finasteride, Trazodone Hydrochloride, Flecainide Acetate, Lithium Carbonate, Flomax, Effexor Xr for a 75-year old man with BPH, Sleepy, Atrial Fibrillation/flutter, Bipolar Ii Disorder, Urinary Retention, Depression. The patient has Breathing Difficulty - Lying Down, Pain - Muscles
- A study of drug interactions between Risperidone, Clonazepam, Remeron, Effexor Xr for a 59-year old woman with Psychotic, Anxiety Disorder, Depression. The patient has Tooth Discoloration
Recent Effexor related drug comparison:
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.