Home > Effexor > Hair loss > Effexor and Hair loss
Review: could Effexor cause Hair loss?
We study 52,220 people who have side effects while taking Effexor from FDA and social media. Among them, 525 have Hair loss. Find out below who they are, when they have Hair loss and more.
Get connected: join a mobile support group for people who take Effexor and have Hair loss >>>
Effexor (latest outcomes from 55,017 users) has active ingredients of venlafaxine hydrochloride. It is often used in depression.
Hair loss (latest reports from 229,047 patients) has been reported by people with high blood pressure, rheumatoid arthritis, high blood cholesterol, multiple sclerosis, depression.
On Oct, 13, 2014: 52,220 people reported to have side effects when taking Effexor. Among them, 525 people (1.01%) have Hair Loss.
Time on Effexor when people have Hair loss * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years |
|Hair loss||33.75%||26.25%||18.75%||3.75%||8.75%||5.00%||3.75% |
Age of people who have Hair loss when taking Effexor * :
|Hair loss||0.00%||0.00%||0.99%||5.74%||16.83%||27.13%||25.15%||24.16% |
Severity of Hair loss when taking Effexor ** :
|least||moderate||severe||most severe |
|Hair loss||16.67%||50.00%||33.33%||0.00% |
How people recovered from Hair loss ** :
|while on the drug||after off the drug||not yet |
|Hair loss||0.00%||20.00%||80.00% |
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Depression (139 people, 26.48%)
- Anxiety (37 people, 7.05%)
- Hepatitis c (30 people, 5.71%)
- Breast cancer (29 people, 5.52%)
- Osteoporosis (23 people, 4.38%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Effexor xr (215 people, 40.95%)
- Vioxx (70 people, 13.33%)
- Neurontin (64 people, 12.19%)
- Prilosec (61 people, 11.62%)
- Ambien (61 people, 11.62%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Do you have Hair Loss while taking Effexor?
Get connected! Join a mobile support group:
- support group for people who take Effexor and have Hair Loss
- support group for people who take Effexor
- support group for people who have Hair Loss
Comments from related studies:
From this study (10 months ago):
are any of my medicines causing my hair loss
From this study (13 months ago):
Prescribbed Effixer 37.5 taking generic listed above Hair loss has been occurring for about ayear.
Post a new comment OR Read more comments
Can you answer these questions (what is this?):
More questions for: Effexor, Hair loss
You may be interested at these reviews (what is this?):
- Double vision on levothyroxine
Diagnosed with under active thyroid in January 2011. Noticed onset of double vision in January 2014. Blurred vision and double vision worsened to such an extent that my glasses prescription has changed three times in less than 7 months. All the symptons I experience are a direct result of taking Le ...
- I wish i had never taken ambien
Ambien was prescribed after my sleep study showed severe sleep latency and awakening. In the five hours I slept I woke 85 times and had only 5 minutes of deep sleep. However, the doctors couldn't make a recommendation because they could detect no cause for the poor sleep pattern. My doctor offered A ...
- My ex-boyfriend's effexor effects
In my fifth year of living with my ex-boyfriend, he began taking Effexor and soon developed urinary incontinence, kidney failure and nightmares or night terrors so severe that he frequently screamed for prolonged periods, flailed and threw punches in his sleep. Upon ceasing to take Effexor, his sle ...
More reviews for: Effexor, Hair loss
On eHealthMe, Effexor (venlafaxine hydrochloride) is often used for depression. Find out below the conditions Effexor is used for, how effective it is, and any alternative drugs that you can use to treat those same conditions.
What is Effexor used for and how effective is it:
Other drugs that are used to treat the same conditions:
Could it be a symptom from a condition:
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause it?
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.
44 million health professionals and patients have studied on eHealthMe. Recent studies:
- Meloxicam for a 33-year old woman who has Inflammation (17 minutes ago)
- Topamax, Synthroid, Trihexyphenidyl Hydrochloride for a 61-year old woman who has Migraine With Aura, Hypothyroidism, Parkinsonian Gait (43 minutes ago)
- Ubiquinol, Grapefruit Seed Extract, B-12, Synthroid, Celexa, Prednisone, Imuran for a 79-year old woman who has General Physical Health Deterioration, Lupus Vasculitis, Energy Increased, Thyroid Function Test Abnormal, Depression (55 minutes ago)
Recent mobile support groups
- Carbidopa And Levodopa and Libido Increased
- Inflammation and Meloxicam
- Pain and Sphincter Of Oddi Dysfunction
Recent user comments
- "Stabbing pain began at about a level 6 only while I w ... " (45 minutes ago)
- "I have had 5 strokes 14 years ago-have osteroporosis, ... " (56 minutes ago)
- "Since starting Latuda I have noticed a sharp increase ... " (2 hours ago)
- Birth Control Over The Counter
- Prismasol Bgk 0 2 5 In Plastic Container
- Trazodone Hydrochloride (actavis Elizabeth) 50mg
- Contraceptives Over The Counter