Review: could Effexor cause Muscle spasms?
Summary: Muscle spasms is found among people who take Effexor, especially for people who are female, 50-59 old, have been taking the drug for < 1 month, also take medication Effexor xr, and have Depression.
We study 52,333 people who have side effects while taking Effexor from FDA and social media. Among them, 922 have Muscle spasms. Find out below who they are, when they have Muscle spasms and more.
You are not alone: join a support group for people who take Effexor and have Muscle spasms >>>
Effexor has active ingredients of venlafaxine hydrochloride. It is often used in depression. (latest outcomes from 55,150 Effexor users)
Muscle spasms (muscle contraction) has been reported by people with multiple sclerosis, high blood cholesterol, osteoporosis, high blood pressure, pain. (latest reports from 56,984 Muscle spasms patients)
On Apr, 25, 2015: 52,333 people reported to have side effects when taking Effexor. Among them, 922 people (1.76%) have Muscle Spasms.
Time on Effexor when people have Muscle spasms * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years |
|Muscle spasms||49.76%||15.31%||12.44%||6.70%||9.57%||4.78%||1.44% |
Age of people who have Muscle spasms when taking Effexor * :
|Muscle spasms||0.20%||0.00%||4.33%||7.24%||12.47%||25.25%||33.40%||17.10% |
Severity of Muscle spasms when taking Effexor ** :
|least||moderate||severe||most severe |
|Muscle spasms||0.00%||40.00%||50.00%||10.00% |
How people recovered from Muscle spasms ** :
|while on the drug||after off the drug||not yet |
|Muscle spasms||0.00%||33.33%||66.67% |
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Depression (354 people, 38.39%)
- Anxiety (212 people, 22.99%)
- Pain (161 people, 17.46%)
- Parkinson's disease (113 people, 12.26%)
- Osteoporosis (65 people, 7.05%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Effexor xr (491 people, 53.25%)
- Xanax (278 people, 30.15%)
- Zoloft (245 people, 26.57%)
- Lorazepam (190 people, 20.61%)
- Neurontin (186 people, 20.17%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Get connected: join our support group of Effexor and muscle spasms on
Do you have Muscle Spasms while taking Effexor?
You are not alone! Join a support group on :
- support group for people who take Effexor and have Muscle Spasms
- support group for people who take Effexor
- support group for people who have Muscle Spasms
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause:
- A study of drug interactions between Finasteride, Trazodone Hydrochloride, Flecainide Acetate, Lithium Carbonate, Flomax, Effexor Xr for a 75-year old man with BPH, Sleepy, Atrial Fibrillation/flutter, Bipolar Ii Disorder, Urinary Retention, Depression. The patient has Breathing Difficulty - Lying Down, Pain - Muscles
- A study of drug interactions between Risperidone, Clonazepam, Remeron, Effexor Xr for a 59-year old woman with Psychotic, Anxiety Disorder, Depression. The patient has Tooth Discoloration
- A study of drug interactions between Effexor Xr, Zanaflex, Vistaril, Methadone Hydrochloride, Fentanyl-100, Remeron for a 29-year old woman with Depression, Carpal Tunnel Syndrome, Anxiety Disorder Due To A General Medical Condition, Herniated Intervertebral Disk, Fibromyalgia, Insomnia Related To Another Mental Condition.
- A study of side effects of Venlafaxine Hydrochloride for a 41-year old man with Depression. The patient has Blood In Stool
- A study of side effects of Effexor Xr for a 31-year old woman with Stress And Anxiety. The patient has Insomnia, Compulsive Shopping
Recent Effexor related drug comparison:
- Comparions of Effexor, Celexa, Lexapro for a 30-year old woman who has Depression
- Comparions of Celexa, Effexor, Prozac, Zoloft for a 37-year old woman who has Depression
- Comparions of Venlafaxine Hydrochloride, Sertraline Hydrochloride, Marijuana for a 50-year old woman who has Depression
- Comparions of Latuda, Effexor for a 56-year old woman who has Depression
- Comparions of Trazodone Hydrochloride, Effexor, Namenda for a 63-year old man who has Alzheimer's Disease
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.