Review: could Effexor cause Short-term memory loss (Memory loss)?
Summary: Short-term memory loss is found among people who take Effexor, especially for people who are female, 50-59 old, have been taking the drug for < 1 month, also take medication Effexor xr, and have Depression.
We study 52,318 people who have side effects while taking Effexor from FDA and social media. Among them, 1,670 have Short-term memory loss. Find out below who they are, when they have Short-term memory loss and more.
You are not alone: join a support group for people who take Effexor and have Short-term memory loss >>>
Effexor has active ingredients of venlafaxine hydrochloride. It is often used in depression. (latest outcomes from 55,131 Effexor users)
Short-term memory loss
Short-term memory loss has been reported by people with multiple sclerosis, depression, pain, high blood pressure, high blood cholesterol. (latest reports from 63,451 Short-term memory loss patients)
On Mar, 4, 2015: 52,318 people reported to have side effects when taking Effexor. Among them, 1,670 people (3.19%) have Short-term Memory Loss.
Time on Effexor when people have Short-term memory loss * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years |
|Short-term memory loss||37.14%||24.56%||6.38%||8.32%||13.54%||6.00%||4.06% |
Age of people who have Short-term memory loss when taking Effexor * :
|Short-term memory loss||0.00%||0.00%||4.83%||6.63%||15.81%||24.77%||28.84%||19.13% |
Severity of Short-term memory loss when taking Effexor ** :
|least||moderate||severe||most severe |
|Short-term memory loss||12.28%||52.63%||24.56%||10.53% |
How people recovered from Short-term memory loss ** :
|while on the drug||after off the drug||not yet |
|Short-term memory loss||8.33%||16.67%||75.00% |
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Depression (716 people, 42.87%)
- Anxiety (258 people, 15.45%)
- Pain (146 people, 8.74%)
- Bipolar disorder (119 people, 7.13%)
- Breast cancer (98 people, 5.87%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Effexor xr (929 people, 55.63%)
- Neurontin (245 people, 14.67%)
- Ambien (229 people, 13.71%)
- Xanax (219 people, 13.11%)
- Seroquel (198 people, 11.86%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Get connected: join our support group of effexor and short-term memory loss on
Do you have Short-term Memory Loss while taking Effexor?
You are not alone! Join a mobile support group on :
- support group for people who take Effexor and have Short-term Memory Loss
- support group for people who take Effexor
- support group for people who have Short-term Memory Loss
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause:
- A study of drug interactions between Crestor, Ramipril, Effexor Xr for a 58-year old man with High Blood Cholesterol, High Blood Pressure, Ocd. The patient has Epicondylitis
- A study of drug interactions between Melatonin, Valerian, Effexor Xr, Ativan, Thorazine for a 42-year old woman with Chronic Insomnia, Insomnia, Depression Suicidal, Anxiety. The patient has Weakness, Fatigue, Lower Blood Pressure, Dry Eyes
- A study of drug interactions between Venlafaxine Hydrochloride, Cephalexin for a 26-year old woman with Panic Disorder, Eczema Nummular.
- A study of side effects of Neurontin for a 32-year old woman with Neuropathy. The patient has Memory Impairment
- A study of drug interactions between Calcium, Vitamin D, Magnesium Sulfate In Plastic Container, Biotin, Vitamin B12, Cytomel, Singulair, Elavil, Omeprazole, Effexor Xr for a 41-year old woman with Osteoporosis, Chronic Depression, Migraine - Classic, Keratosis Pilaris, Asthma, Gerd. The patient has High Blood Pressure
Recent Effexor related drug comparison:
- Comparions of Abilify, Effexor, Lorazepam for a 29-year old man who has Schizophrenia, Paranoid Type
- Comparions of Focalin, Effexor for a 46-year old woman who has Depression
- Comparions of Effexor Xr, Prozac, Xanax, Sprintec for a 20-year old woman who has Teenagers And Depression
- Comparions of Amitriptyline Hydrochloride, Effexor, Lyrica, Cymbalta for a 39-year old woman who has Fibromyalgia
- Comparions of Effexor Xr, Cymbalta for a 44-year old man who has Anxiety
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.