Review: could Effexor cause Syncope (Fainting)?
Summary: Syncope is found among people who take Effexor, especially for people who are female, 60+ old, have been taking the drug for < 1 month, also take medication Effexor xr, and have Depression.
We study 52,255 people who have side effects while taking Effexor from FDA and social media. Among them, 895 have Syncope. Find out below who they are, when they have Syncope and more.
You are not alone: join a mobile support group for people who take Effexor and have Syncope >>>
Effexor has active ingredients of venlafaxine hydrochloride. It is often used in depression. (view latest outcomes from 55,069 users)
Syncope (loss of consciousness with an inability to maintain postural tone) has been reported by people with high blood pressure, depression, osteoporosis, pain, multiple sclerosis.(latest reports from Syncope 49,805 patients)
On Nov, 26, 2014: 52,240 people reported to have side effects when taking Effexor. Among them, 895 people (1.71%) have Syncope.
Time on Effexor when people have Syncope * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years |
Age of people who have Syncope when taking Effexor * :
Severity of Syncope when taking Effexor ** :
|least||moderate||severe||most severe |
How people recovered from Syncope ** :
|while on the drug||after off the drug||not yet |
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Depression (189 people, 21.12%)
- Anxiety (88 people, 9.83%)
- Pain (54 people, 6.03%)
- Osteoporosis (43 people, 4.80%)
- Metastases to bone (42 people, 4.69%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Effexor xr (297 people, 33.18%)
- Zometa (164 people, 18.32%)
- Aspirin (141 people, 15.75%)
- Ambien (140 people, 15.64%)
- Lasix (139 people, 15.53%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Do you have Syncope while taking Effexor?
You are not alone! Join a mobile support group:
- support group for people who take Effexor and have Syncope
- support group for people who take Effexor
- support group for people who have Syncope
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause:
Can you answer these questions (Ask a question):
- Is effexor xr induce paraphillia
(Asked by a 34 year old man who has Hypochondriasis, Paraphilia, and takes Effexor Xr)
I am a hypocondriasis patient and taking medication last 3 year dose effexor xr 75 mg extendd release.. nw i heard some drug can induced paraphillia..then onwards i am fearing this effexor xr is coming under the category of paraphillia inducing drugs and ? And paraphillic nature vll get to me in fut ...
- Has anyone been prescribed methotrexate for granuloma annulare?
(Asked by a 59 year old woman who has Hypothyroidism, Granuloma Annulare, and takes Topamax, Calcium , Vitamin D, Zetia, Effexor Xr, Levoxyl)
I have had GA for 2 years now, however it has gotten progressively worse the past 6 months. It has now spread over 80% of my body. I am seeing an Endocrinologist next week as I believe my thyroid may play a big role in this. My Regular Dr. suggested I speak to Endocrinologist about a drug called Met ...
- Does calritin or loratidine cause fainting?
(Asked by a 31 year old man who has Rash Scaly, Syncope, and takes Claritin)
31 year old healthy male, never takes any medications and rarely gets sick had a bad allergy season and took Claritin (24 hr) once daily for two months.
Randomly had a syncope/fainting episode and a week later still feeling lightheaded/fainting feeling. Also has random bumpy rash on right elbow. ...
- How common is erectile dysfunction with effexor and adderall and how can it be combatted?
(Asked by a 60 year old man who has Erectile Dysfunction, and takes Adderall Xr 30, Effexor)
I take both Adderall and effexor to treat ADHD and anxiety/depression. I have taken both for years but Adderall longer. My ability to hold an erection and to experience an orgasm has decreased.
- Why are my medications making me look bloated
(Asked by a 38 year old woman who has Bloating, and takes Effexor Xr, Suboxone)
In 2008 I started the Suboxone Program. I Started on 16mg since then, I have been up and down on my doses. I was put on this drug as a result of my addiction to to over the counter opiates. I was also prescribed Seroquel, I stopped taking the Seroquel it wasn't helping me in anyway and I gained so m ...
More questions for: Effexor, Syncope
You may be interested at these reviews (Write a review):
- I wish i had never taken ambien
(Posted by a 43 year old woman who has Fibromyalgia, and takes Savella, Lyrica, Synthroid, Effexor, Tramadol, Duragesic-50, Flexeril, Ambien)
Ambien was prescribed after my sleep study showed severe sleep latency and awakening. In the five hours I slept I woke 85 times and had only 5 minutes of deep sleep. However, the doctors couldn't make a recommendation because they could detect no cause for the poor sleep pattern. My doctor offered A ...
- My ex-boyfriend's effexor effects
(Posted by a 49 year old man who has Incontinence - Urinary, Pedophilia, Nightmares, Acute Kidney Failure, and takes Effexor)
In my fifth year of living with my ex-boyfriend, he began taking Effexor and soon developed urinary incontinence, kidney failure and nightmares or night terrors so severe that he frequently screamed for prolonged periods, flailed and threw punches in his sleep. Upon ceasing to take Effexor, his sle ...
- Trying to figure out my diagnosis . no doctor can figure it out
(Posted by a 29 year old woman who has Simple Partial Seizures, Lightheadedness - Fainting, Constipation, Nausea, Chills, and takes Celexa)
I have been having these fainting spells since I was 12 .. It starts with lower abdominal pain followed by feeling light headed then I black out and my body shakes kind of like a seizure but last a few seconds then I come to ..then I feel nausea and also I have chills
- Effexor xr 150 mg and phentermine 37.5 mg
(Posted by a 22 year old woman who has Generalized Anxiety Disorder, Depression, Weight Control, Menstruation Irregular, Hirsutism, Seasonal Allergy, Seasonal Affective Disorder, and takes Effexor Xr, Phentermine, Spironolactone, Loestrin 24 Fe, Zyrtec)
phentermine has caused significant weight loss. Effexor XR manages my GAD and depression but causes random physiological anxiety attacks, drastic increase in sweating, vivid and nightly nightmares
- Polymyalgia rheumatica
(Posted by a 57 year old woman who has Polymyalgia Rheumatica, Insulin-requiring Type 2 Diabetes Mellitus, COPD, Hypertension, Obesity, and takes Prednisone, Celebrex, Micardis, Spiriva, Moduretic 5-50, Effexor Xr)
Diagnosed 12 months ago with type 2 diabetes - diet controlled. Diagnosed recently with polymyalgia rheumatica. Prescribed prednisone. This caused my blood sugar levels to skyrocket and. Now require insulin injections. Have developed a rash on arms & face. Have tried tapering prednisone dosage but p ...
More reviews for: Effexor, Syncope
- A study of side effects of Venlafaxine Hydrochloride for a patient with Depression. The patient has Fibromyalgia (a long-term condition which causes pain all over the body)
Comments: Severe skin pain where even a small breeze made from an envelope caused intense pain. Also have extreme burning sensations and short stabbing bains. My skin on my back feels very tight like it was very sunburned and it's so painful to even wear a bra. I was initially put on this medication when I ...
- A study of drug interactions between Lamictal, Alprazolam, Lactulose, Daytrana, Effexor, Ondansetron, Ursodiol, Prednisone, Azathioprine, Tacrolimus for a patient with Mood Disorder Due To A General Medical Condition, Generalized Anxiety Disorder, Encephalopathy - Hepatic, Depression, Autoimmune Hepatitis, Immunosuppressant Drug Therapy. The patient has Mood Disorder Due To A General Medical Condition, Fatigue - Chronic, Major Depression, Anxiety Disorder, Nausea
Comments: The nausea is persistent and debilitating as is the fatigue. Nothing relieves the nausea. I was transplanted for esld Chronic Hep B but developed de novo autoimmune hepatitis with a touch of graft v. host disease.
The emotional troubles became extremely exacerbated post-transplant.
3 yrs pos ...
- A study of drug interactions between Adderall, Klonopin, Effexor Xr, Lamictal, Abilify for a patient with Depression, Panic Disorder With Agoraphobia, Generalized Anxiety Disorder, Mood Stabilizer, Bipolar Disorder. The patient has Sweating - Excessive, Headache, Akathisia, Weight Gain
Comments: Within 3 to 4 months of starting ABILIFY, I gained about 40 pounds. As for the akathisia (feeling of restlessness or shaking on the inside), it wasn't bad until my dose got to 15mg. Eventually it went away and I still take 15mg/day. (haven't been able to lose much weight though. Side effects with ...
- A study of side effects of Effexor Xr for a patient with Generalised Anxiety Disorder. The patient has Ear Blockage
Comments: My ears ( both ) are always blocked, but i guess even before taking the above stated medication.
I might have stigmatism too. I'm confirming this with my doctor next week. Not sure yet though.
- A study of drug interactions between Effexor Xr, Minocycline Hydrochloride, Klonopin, Lasix, Metformin, Levoxyl, Adderall 20, Trazodone Hydrochloride, Methocarbamol, Baclofen, Hydrocodone Bitartrate And Acetaminophen for a patient with Depression, Acne Cystic, Anxiety Disorder, Edema, Polycystic Ovarian Syndrome (pcos), Hypothyroidism, Add, Sleep Disorder, Neck Pain. The patient has
Comments: My WBC count has been low for 4mos now. I'm lethargic, having problems sleeping & still experiencing a tremendous amount of pain (which I believe it has to do with the congenital lipoma on my brain stem-I've had excruciating pain as long as I can remember.)
More related studies for: Effexor, Syncope
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.