Review: could Effexor cause Urinary incontinence?
Summary: Urinary incontinence is found among people who take Effexor, especially for people who are female, 50-59 old, have been taking the drug for < 1 month, also take medication Effexor xr, and have Depression.
We study 52,333 people who have side effects while taking Effexor from FDA and social media. Among them, 377 have Urinary incontinence. Find out below who they are, when they have Urinary incontinence and more.
You are not alone: join a support group for people who take Effexor and have Urinary incontinence >>>
Effexor has active ingredients of venlafaxine hydrochloride. It is often used in depression. (latest outcomes from 55,143 Effexor users)
Urinary incontinence (inability to control the flow of urine and involuntary urination) has been reported by people with multiple sclerosis, osteoporosis, high blood pressure, depression, pain. (latest reports from 18,523 Urinary incontinence patients)
On Mar, 12, 2015: 52,318 people reported to have side effects when taking Effexor. Among them, 378 people (0.72%) have Urinary Incontinence.
Time on Effexor when people have Urinary incontinence * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years |
|Urinary incontinence||31.91%||29.79%||12.77%||12.77%||12.77%||0.00%||0.00% |
Age of people who have Urinary incontinence when taking Effexor * :
|Urinary incontinence||0.83%||0.00%||1.11%||5.28%||8.33%||14.17%||43.61%||26.67% |
Severity of Urinary incontinence when taking Effexor ** :
|least||moderate||severe||most severe |
|Urinary incontinence||0.00%||42.86%||42.86%||14.29% |
How people recovered from Urinary incontinence ** :
|while on the drug||after off the drug||not yet |
|Urinary incontinence||0.00%||0.00%||100.00% |
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Depression (73 people, 19.31%)
- Anxiety (67 people, 17.72%)
- Breast cancer (52 people, 13.76%)
- Osteoporosis (25 people, 6.61%)
- Metastases to bone (24 people, 6.35%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Effexor xr (182 people, 48.15%)
- Zometa (93 people, 24.60%)
- Neurontin (88 people, 23.28%)
- Xanax (83 people, 21.96%)
- Lexapro (77 people, 20.37%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Get connected: join our support group of effexor and urinary incontinence on
Do you have Urinary Incontinence while taking Effexor?
You are not alone! Join a mobile support group on :
- support group for people who take Effexor and have Urinary Incontinence
- support group for people who take Effexor
- support group for people who have Urinary Incontinence
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause:
- A study of drug interactions between Crestor, Ramipril, Effexor Xr for a 58-year old man with High Blood Cholesterol, High Blood Pressure, Ocd. The patient has Epicondylitis
- A study of drug interactions between Melatonin, Valerian, Effexor Xr, Ativan, Thorazine for a 42-year old woman with Chronic Insomnia, Insomnia, Depression Suicidal, Anxiety. The patient has Weakness, Fatigue, Lower Blood Pressure, Dry Eyes
- A study of drug interactions between Vitamin D, Fish Oil, Losartan Potassium, Simvastatin, Baclofen for a 51-year old woman with Vitamin D Decreased, High Blood Cholesterol, High Blood Pressure, Muscle Spasms. The patient has Fear Of Eating, Uncontrollable Urination, Sudden Onset Of Sleep
- A study of drug interactions between Venlafaxine Hydrochloride, Cephalexin for a 26-year old woman with Panic Disorder, Eczema Nummular.
- A study of drug interactions between Calcium, Vitamin D, Magnesium Sulfate In Plastic Container, Biotin, Vitamin B12, Cytomel, Singulair, Elavil, Omeprazole, Effexor Xr for a 41-year old woman with Osteoporosis, Chronic Depression, Migraine - Classic, Keratosis Pilaris, Asthma, Gerd. The patient has High Blood Pressure
Recent Effexor related drug comparison:
- Comparions of Escitalopram, Celexa, Effexor for a 22-year old woman who has Anxiety Disorder
- Comparions of Abilify, Effexor, Lorazepam for a 29-year old man who has Schizophrenia, Paranoid Type
- Comparions of Focalin, Effexor for a 46-year old woman who has Depression
- Comparions of Effexor Xr, Prozac, Xanax, Sprintec for a 20-year old woman who has Teenagers And Depression
- Comparions of Amitriptyline Hydrochloride, Effexor, Lyrica, Cymbalta for a 39-year old woman who has Fibromyalgia
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.