Review: could Effient cause Death?
Summary: Death is found among people who take Effient, especially for people who are male, 60+ old, have been taking the drug for < 1 month, also take medication Aspirin, and have Percutaneous coronary intervention.
We study 2,611 people who have side effects while taking Effient from FDA and social media. Among them, 122 have Death. Find out below who they are, when they have Death and more.
You are not alone: join a mobile support group for people who take Effient and have Death >>>
Effient has active ingredients of prasugrel hydrochloride. It is often used in stent. (latest outcomes from Effient 2,704 users)
Death (latest reports from Death 183,730 patients)
On Nov, 28, 2014: 2,610 people reported to have side effects when taking Effient. Among them, 122 people (4.67%) have Death.
Time on Effient when people have Death * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years |
Gender of people who have Death when taking Effient * :
Age of people who have Death when taking Effient * :
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Percutaneous coronary intervention (29 people, 23.77%)
- Stent placement (27 people, 22.13%)
- Acute myocardial infarction (22 people, 18.03%)
- Acute coronary syndrome (11 people, 9.02%)
- Arthritis (1 people, 0.82%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Aspirin (34 people, 27.87%)
- Reopro (15 people, 12.30%)
- Plavix (10 people, 8.20%)
- Heparin (9 people, 7.38%)
- Carvedilol (4 people, 3.28%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Do you have Death while taking Effient?
You are not alone! Join a mobile support group:
- support group for people who take Effient and have Death
- support group for people who take Effient
- support group for people who have Death
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause:
Can you answer these questions (Ask a question):
- Why 10 mg daily after b/f gives nauseating restlessness by afternoon.
(Asked by a 60 year old man who has Feeling Of Despair, Restlessness, Nausea, and takes Effient)
Had Angioplasty consisting of one drug eluting stent of 25 MM in Diagonal and Ballooning of OM nine(9) months ago.
- Can i take krill oil while taking effient and aspirin
(Asked by a 78 year old woman who has Heart Disease - Aging, and takes Effient, Levothyroxine Thyroid, Benicar)
I have high cholesterol and high bad cholesterol, arthritis, had open heart surgery and 7 stents.blood pressure is always up and down.
- What interactions have been reported while taking lisinopri 5lmg; amlodipine besylate 5mg; and matopril tartrate 25mg
(Asked by a 66 year old woman who has Hypertension,, Hyperthyroidism, High Blood Cholesterol, and takes Lisinopril, Amlodipine Besylate, Metoprolol Tartrate, Levoxyl, Livalo, Zetia, Effient, Folic Acid, Omega-3, Centrum Silver, Aspirin)
trying to determine if the above list of drugs are safely taken on a daily bases and if any interact causing adverse symptoms. recently had severe episodes of chest pain,test resulted in no heart attack or pulmonary embolism.
Am concerned medications could be causing my symptoms
- Does effient cause low blood pressure (1 answer)
(Asked by a 71 year old man who has Arthritis Of Hip, Arteriosclerosis Coronary Artery, Mild Marie Charcot Tooth Synderome (foot Numbness), Prediabetes, Hypertension, Hypotension, Benign Enlargement Of The Prostate, and takes Effient, Flomax, Baby Aspirin, Cozaar, Metoprolol Tartrate, Pravastatin Sodium, Zetia, Niacin, Proscar)
Been having drops in blood pressure after meals and after beginning to take effient. This to the point of about 90-100 over 60, especially after eating. The lower number is especially problematic in that anything in the low sixties produces lightheadedness that endures a couple of hours. Have cut ...
- Causes of extreme fatigue and fainting when stressed and chronic panic/anxiety and insomnia (1 answer)
(Asked by a 51 year old woman who has Death Of Child, Depression - Major, Panic Disorder With Agoraphobia, Anxiety Disorder, GERD, and takes Clonazepam, Protonix)
since daughters death 6 years ago I have been extremely fatigued, no energy for anything, dizziness chronic and have fainted about 7 times in the past 18 months, severe panic when leaving my home to the point of choking and vomiting, also wake up with flashbacks to my childs death nightly. Have bee ...
More questions for: Effient, Death
You may be interested at these reviews (Write a review):
- Oxymorphone & amphetamine toxicity (1 response)
(Posted by a 40 year old man who has Death, and takes Oxymorphone Hydrochloride)
My 38 year old husband died in October. Toxicology and autopsy results showed the cause of death to be 'Oxymorphone & Amphetamine Toxicity'. Levels were at the high end of what is conssidered a 'therapeutic dose level', especially since he had developed a tolerance. He was prescribe ...
More reviews for: Effient, Death
- A study of side effects of Seasonique for a patient with No Periods. The patient has Death
Comments: she took seasonique for about 10 days, felt ill...then cramps, abdominal pain, vomiting; needed help walking to and from bathroom; assisted to bed. Seemed disoriented, no fever; told her we were going to the doctor's in the morning....when I went to her room she was dead. I am her father....
- A study of drug interactions between Effient, Plavix for a patient with Acute Myocardial Infarction. The patient has Bladder Cancer Stage I, With Cancer In Situ
Comments: PT experienced urinary bleeding for several months in 2013 and pelvic pain. Diagnosis with BC was in August, 2013 and resection of visible tumors was performed on periphery of bladder. May, 2014. PT is still on anti-coagulant drug therapy for previous MI which occurred in 2010. No evidence of BC was ...
- A study of drug interactions between Calcium, Magnesium, Multivitamin, Paxil, Glimepiride, Lovastatin, Metformin, Lisinopril And Hydrochlorothiazide, Doxycycline for a patient with Health, Stress And Anxiety, Diabetes, Blood Cholesterol Abnormal, Hypertension, Coughing Up Blood. The patient has Death, Swelling
Comments: My wife took these meds one morning, then that evening she took the Doxycycline and around 05:00 hours the next morning her throat started closing and she Called Kaiser Permanente, getting the answering service. After describing her symptom,which kept getting progressively worse, the medical profes ...
- A study of side effects of Prednisone for a patient with Asthma. The patient has Death Of Sibling
Comments: My brother had MRSA and the nursing home was giving him Prednisone for Asthma. I know that Prednisone lowers the bodies amune system and what have allowed the MRSA to flourish. Is this true because when i told the staff of what i have discovered about this one medication they had been giving him for ...
- A study of drug interactions between Mestinon, Robaxin-750 for a patient with Myasthenia Gravis. The patient has Death
Comments: My daughter was diagnosed with Myasthenia Gravis approx 8 months before her death. Her neurologist diagnosed her and prescribed Imuran and Mestinon. She was referred to Pain Mgmt where she was prescribed Robaxin. What would the results of taking these medications together?
More related studies for: Effient, Death
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.