Review: could Effient cause Death?
Summary: Death is found among people who take Effient, especially for people who are male, 60+ old, have been taking the drug for < 1 month, also take medication Aspirin, and have Percutaneous coronary intervention.
We study 2,618 people who have side effects while taking Effient from FDA and social media. Among them, 122 have Death. Find out below who they are, when they have Death and more.
You are not alone: join a support group for people who take Effient and have Death >>>
Effient has active ingredients of prasugrel hydrochloride. It is often used in stent. (latest outcomes from 2,712 Effient users)
Death has been reported by people with primary pulmonary hypertension, multiple myeloma, dialysis, diabetes, osteoporosis. (latest reports from 183,872 Death patients)
On Mar, 1, 2015: 2,616 people reported to have side effects when taking Effient. Among them, 122 people (4.66%) have Death.
Time on Effient when people have Death * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years |
Gender of people who have Death when taking Effient * :
Age of people who have Death when taking Effient * :
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Percutaneous coronary intervention (29 people, 23.77%)
- Stent placement (27 people, 22.13%)
- Acute myocardial infarction (22 people, 18.03%)
- Acute coronary syndrome (11 people, 9.02%)
- Arthritis (1 people, 0.82%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Aspirin (34 people, 27.87%)
- Reopro (15 people, 12.30%)
- Plavix (10 people, 8.20%)
- Heparin (9 people, 7.38%)
- Carvedilol (4 people, 3.28%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Get connected: join our support group of effient and death on
Do you have Death while taking Effient?
You are not alone! Join a mobile support group on :
- support group for people who take Effient and have Death
- support group for people who take Effient
- support group for people who have Death
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause:
Recent Effient related drug comparison:
- Comparions of Lantus, Effient, Metformin Hydrochloride; Repaglinide, Metoprolol Tartrate, Tricor for a 67-year old man who has High Blood Cholesterol
- Comparions of Xarelto, Effient, Brilinta, Pradaxa for a 53-year old man who has Antithrombin Iii
- Comparions of Effient, Plavix for a 62-year old man who has Blood Thinner
- Comparions of Plavix, Coumadin, Effient for a 38-year old man who has Stent
- Comparions of Plavix, Effient for a 67-year old man who has Heart Disease Congenital
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.