Review: could Effient cause Loss of hair (Hair loss)?
Summary: Loss of hair is found among people who take Effient, especially for people who are female, 60+ old, have been taking the drug for 1 - 6 months, also take medication Metoprolol tartrate, and have Multiple sclerosis.
We study 2,620 people who have side effects while taking Effient from FDA and social media. Among them, 13 have Loss of hair. Find out below who they are, when they have Loss of hair and more.
You are not alone: join a support group for people who take Effient and have Loss of hair >>>
Effient has active ingredients of prasugrel hydrochloride. It is often used in stent. (latest outcomes from 2,713 Effient users)
Loss of hair
Loss of hair has been reported by people with high blood pressure, rheumatoid arthritis, high blood cholesterol, multiple sclerosis, depression. (latest reports from 42,762 Loss of hair patients)
On Apr, 28, 2015: 2,620 people reported to have side effects when taking Effient. Among them, 13 people (0.50%) have Loss Of Hair.
Time on Effient when people have Loss of hair * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years |
|Loss of hair||0.00%||40.00%||20.00%||20.00%||20.00%||0.00%||0.00% |
Gender of people who have Loss of hair when taking Effient * :
|Loss of hair||100.00%||0.00% |
Age of people who have Loss of hair when taking Effient * :
|Loss of hair||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||14.29%||0.00%||85.71% |
Severity of Loss of hair when taking Effient ** :
|least||moderate||severe||most severe |
|Loss of hair||0.00%||50.00%||50.00%||0.00% |
How people recovered from Loss of hair ** :
|while on the drug||after off the drug||not yet |
|Loss of hair||0.00%||50.00%||50.00% |
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Multiple sclerosis (4 people, 30.77%)
- Stent placement (3 people, 23.08%)
- Stent (2 people, 15.38%)
- Asthma (1 people, 7.69%)
- Depression (1 people, 7.69%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Metoprolol tartrate (6 people, 46.15%)
- Lisinopril (6 people, 46.15%)
- Simvastatin (6 people, 46.15%)
- Premarin (5 people, 38.46%)
- Aciphex (5 people, 38.46%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Do you have Loss Of Hair while taking Effient?
You are not alone! Join a support group on :
- support group for people who take Effient and have Loss Of Hair
- support group for people who take Effient
- support group for people who have Loss Of Hair
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause:
- A study of side effects of Amlodipine Besylate for a 66-year old woman with Hypertension. The patient has Hair Loss
- A study of side effects of Diazepam for a 32-year old woman with Stress And Anxiety. The patient has Hair Loss
- A study of drug interactions between Centrum, Biotin, Lexapro, Vitamin D, Verapamil Hydrochloride, Losartan for a 65-year old woman with Vitamin B2 Deficiency, Hair Growth Abnormal, Anxiety Disorder, Vitamin D Decreased, Blood Pressure Increased. The patient has Hair Loss, Night Sweats
- A study of drug interactions between Zoloft, Hydrochlorothiazide, Metoprolol Tartrate for a 65-year old woman with Panic Attack, High Blood Pressure. The patient has Hair Loss, Abdominal Bloating, Ureteral Spasm, Pelvic Discomfort
- A study of drug interactions between Shark Liver Oil, Fish Oil Fatty Acid, Centrum Silver, Chondroitin, Glucosamine, Aspirin, Synthroid, Benazepril Hydrochloride, Norvasc, Lamictal for a 61-year old woman with Supplement, Vitamin Supplementation, Joint Stiffness, Heart Artery Dilatation, Hypothyroidism, Hypertension, Neuropathy - Peripheral. The patient has Hair Loss
Recent Effient related drug comparison:
- Comparions of Brilinta, Effient for a 79-year old woman who has MMK
- Comparions of Lantus, Effient, Metformin Hydrochloride; Repaglinide, Metoprolol Tartrate, Tricor for a 67-year old man who has High Blood Cholesterol
- Comparions of Xarelto, Effient, Brilinta, Pradaxa for a 53-year old man who has Antithrombin Iii
- Comparions of Effient, Plavix for a 62-year old man who has Blood Thinner
- Comparions of Plavix, Coumadin, Effient for a 38-year old man who has Stent
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.