Review: could Effient cause Ttp (Thrombotic thrombocytopenic purpura)?
Summary: Ttp is found among people who take Effient, especially for people who are male, 60+ old, have been taking the drug for < 1 month, also take medication Aspirin, and have Stent.
We study 2,620 people who have side effects while taking Effient from FDA and social media. Among them, 15 have Ttp. Find out below who they are, when they have Ttp and more.
You are not alone: join a support group for people who take Effient and have Ttp >>>
Effient has active ingredients of prasugrel hydrochloride. It is often used in stent. (latest outcomes from 2,713 Effient users)
Ttp (a rare blood disorder characterized by clotting in small blood vessels of the body) has been reported by people with high blood pressure, multiple myeloma, hiv infection, muscle spasms, high blood cholesterol. (latest reports from 2,964 Ttp patients)
On Mar, 21, 2015: 2,618 people reported to have side effects when taking Effient. Among them, 15 people (0.57%) have Ttp.
Time on Effient when people have Ttp * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years |
Gender of people who have Ttp when taking Effient * :
Age of people who have Ttp when taking Effient * :
Severity of Ttp when taking Effient ** :
How people recovered from Ttp ** :
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Stent placement (4 people, 26.67%)
- Coronary artery occlusion (4 people, 26.67%)
- Percutaneous coronary intervention (2 people, 13.33%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Aspirin (6 people, 40.00%)
- Angiomax (3 people, 20.00%)
- Heparin (2 people, 13.33%)
- Toprol-xl (2 people, 13.33%)
- Furosemide (1 people, 6.67%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Get connected: join our support group of effient and ttp on
Do you have Ttp while taking Effient?
You are not alone! Join a support group on :
- support group for people who take Effient and have Ttp
- support group for people who take Effient
- support group for people who have Ttp
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause:
Recent Effient related drug comparison:
- Comparions of Brilinta, Effient for a 79-year old woman who has MMK
- Comparions of Lantus, Effient, Metformin Hydrochloride; Repaglinide, Metoprolol Tartrate, Tricor for a 67-year old man who has High Blood Cholesterol
- Comparions of Xarelto, Effient, Brilinta, Pradaxa for a 53-year old man who has Antithrombin Iii
- Comparions of Effient, Plavix for a 62-year old man who has Blood Thinner
- Comparions of Plavix, Coumadin, Effient for a 38-year old man who has Stent
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.