Home > Effient > Ttp > Effient and Ttp
Review: could Effient cause Ttp (Thrombotic thrombocytopenic purpura)?
Summary: Ttp is found among people who take Effient, especially for people who are male, 60+ old, have been taking the drug for < 1 month, also take medication Aspirin, and have Stent placement.
We study 2,610 people who have side effects while taking Effient from FDA and social media. Among them, 15 have Ttp. Find out below who they are, when they have Ttp and more.
You are not alone: join a mobile support group for people who take Effient and have Ttp >>>
Effient (latest outcomes from 2,703 users) has active ingredients of prasugrel hydrochloride. It is often used in stent.
Ttp (a rare blood disorder characterized by clotting in small blood vessels of the body) (latest reports from 13,144 patients) has been reported by people with high blood pressure, multiple myeloma, hiv infection, muscle spasms, high blood cholesterol.
On Oct, 30, 2014: 2,610 people reported to have side effects when taking Effient. Among them, 15 people (0.57%) have Ttp.
Time on Effient when people have Ttp * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years |
Gender of people who have Ttp when taking Effient * :
Age of people who have Ttp when taking Effient * :
Severity of Ttp when taking Effient ** :
How people recovered from Ttp ** :
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Stent placement (4 people, 26.67%)
- Coronary artery occlusion (4 people, 26.67%)
- Percutaneous coronary intervention (2 people, 13.33%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Aspirin (6 people, 40.00%)
- Angiomax (3 people, 20.00%)
- Heparin (2 people, 13.33%)
- Toprol-xl (2 people, 13.33%)
- Furosemide (1 people, 6.67%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Do you have Ttp while taking Effient?
You are not alone! Join a mobile support group:
- support group for people who take Effient and have Ttp
- support group for people who take Effient
- support group for people who have Ttp
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause:
Can you answer these questions (Ask a question):
- Why 10 mg daily after b/f gives nauseating restlessness by afternoon.
(Asked by a 60 year old man who has Feeling Of Despair, Restlessness, Nausea, and takes Effient)
Had Angioplasty consisting of one drug eluting stent of 25 MM in Diagonal and Ballooning of OM nine(9) months ago.
- Can i take krill oil while taking effient and aspirin
(Asked by a 78 year old woman who has Heart Disease - Aging, and takes Effient, Levothyroxine Thyroid, Benicar)
I have high cholesterol and high bad cholesterol, arthritis, had open heart surgery and 7 stents.blood pressure is always up and down.
- What interactions have been reported while taking lisinopri 5lmg; amlodipine besylate 5mg; and matopril tartrate 25mg
(Asked by a 66 year old woman who has Hypertension,, Hyperthyroidism, High Blood Cholesterol, and takes Lisinopril, Amlodipine Besylate, Metoprolol Tartrate, Levoxyl, Livalo, Zetia, Effient, Folic Acid, Omega-3, Centrum Silver, Aspirin)
trying to determine if the above list of drugs are safely taken on a daily bases and if any interact causing adverse symptoms. recently had severe episodes of chest pain,test resulted in no heart attack or pulmonary embolism.
Am concerned medications could be causing my symptoms
- Does effient cause low blood pressure
(Asked by a 71 year old man who has Arthritis Of Hip, Arteriosclerosis Coronary Artery, Mild Marie Charcot Tooth Synderome (foot Numbness), Prediabetes, Hypertension, Hypotension, Benign Enlargement Of The Prostate, and takes Effient, Flomax, Baby Aspirin, Cozaar, Metoprolol Tartrate, Pravastatin Sodium, Zetia, Niacin, Proscar)
Been having drops in blood pressure after meals and after beginning to take effient. This to the point of about 90-100 over 60, especially after eating. The lower number is especially problematic in that anything in the low sixties produces lightheadedness that endures a couple of hours. Have cut ...
- Can effient cause arthritis?
(Asked by a 61 year old man who has Arthritis, and takes Effient)
I'm a very active male. Long distance runner who has just been diagnosed with advanced arthritis in the hip
More questions for: Effient, Ttp
More reviews for: Effient, Ttp
- A study of drug interactions between Effient, Plavix for a patient with Acute Myocardial Infarction. The patient has Bladder Cancer Stage I, With Cancer In Situ
Comments: PT experienced urinary bleeding for several months in 2013 and pelvic pain. Diagnosis with BC was in August, 2013 and resection of visible tumors was performed on periphery of bladder. May, 2014. PT is still on anti-coagulant drug therapy for previous MI which occurred in 2010. No evidence of BC was ...
- A study of drug interactions between Dicyclomine Hydrochloride, Buspirone Hydrochloride, Crestor, Metoprolol Succinate, Effient for a patient with Irritable Bowel Syndrome, Anxiety And Stress, High Blood Cholesterol, High Blood Pressure, Bleeding And Slow Healing, Nose Bleeds. The patient has Fleeting Cool Flushes From Chest Into Arms And Hands, Chest Discomfort, Diarrhea Associated With Medications
Comments: Had been taking Metoprolol Succinate with no problems since March 2010. Since starting to take Effient and Crestor in october 2013 severe Diarrhea occurred which caused pain and cramping, and excess gas.
its also noted that any sore, cut, bruise take a lot longer to heal.
- A study of drug interactions between Zetia, Lisinopril, Carvedilol, Effient for a patient with Stent Promus Element Plus Monorail. The patient has
Comments: recently had 2 Stent Promus Element Plus Monorail put in. Was taking Clopidogrel but recently switched to Effient, then had bleeding/black tar in her bowels.
Having massive stomach pains. trying to figure out what is causing it, is there another route. need more info.
- A study of side effects of Effient for a patient with Stent Placement. The patient has Anger
Comments: I have taken angeliq (a hormone replacement) for several years; recently I was prescribed effient and I started bleeding vaginally, like a very light period. Can takeing effient with angeliq cause vaginal bleeding?
- A study of drug interactions between Effient, Aspirin, Livalo for a patient with Nmr - Cardiac, Familial Hypercholesterolaemia. The patient has Muscle Sprain, Muscle Pain
Comments: Pain in muscles is so severe that it is extremely difficult to bend over or stoop down. Also it is very painful to carry weight in arms and to breath in deeply. The muscle pain lasts for 3 to 5 days and is very disruptive to continuing an exercise routine.
More related studies for: Effient, Ttp
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.