Effient and Ttp - from FDA reports
Ttp is found among people who take Effient, especially for people who are male, 60+ old , have been taking the drug for < 1 month, also take medication Heparin, and have Percutaneous coronary intervention. This review analyzes which people have Ttp with Effient. It is created by eHealthMe based on reports of 7,053 people who have side effects when taking Effient from FDA , and is updated regularly.
What to expect?
You are not alone!
Personalized health information
On eHealthMe you can find out what patients like me (same gender, age) reported their drugs and conditions on FDA since 1977. Our tools are simple to use, anonymous and free. Start now >>>
On Sep, 26, 2017
7,053 people reported to have side effects when taking Effient.
Among them, 31 people (0.44%) have Ttp
Number of reports submitted per year:
Time on Effient when people have Ttp *:
- < 1 month: 46.15 %
- 1 - 6 months: 30.77 %
- 6 - 12 months: 15.38 %
- 1 - 2 years: 7.69 %
- 2 - 5 years: 0.0 %
- 5 - 10 years: 0.0 %
- 10+ years: 0.0 %
Gender of people who have Ttp when taking Effient *:
- female: 29.03 %
- male: 70.97 %
Age of people who have Ttp when taking Effient *:
- 0-1: 0.0 %
- 2-9: 0.0 %
- 10-19: 0.0 %
- 20-29: 0.0 %
- 30-39: 0.0 %
- 40-49: 0.0 %
- 50-59: 14.29 %
- 60+: 85.71 %
Top conditions involved for these people *:
- Percutaneous Coronary Intervention (3 people, 9.68%)
- Coronary Artery Occlusion (2 people, 6.45%)
- Coronary Arterial Stent Insertion (1 person, 3.23%)
- Acute Myocardial Infarction (1 person, 3.23%)
Top co-used drugs for these people *:
- Heparin (5 people, 16.13%)
- Aspirin (3 people, 9.68%)
- Toprol-Xl (2 people, 6.45%)
- Integrilin (2 people, 6.45%)
- Angiomax (2 people, 6.45%)
Top other side effects for these people *:
- Thrombocytopenia (3 people, 9.68%)
- Subdural Haemorrhage (3 people, 9.68%)
- White Blood Cell Count Decreased (2 people, 6.45%)
- Splenic Embolism (1 person, 3.23%)
- Blood Count Abnormal (1 person, 3.23%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Subscribe to the study: get notified of updates to the study.
Do you have Ttp when taking Effient?
- Check symptoms - is ttp caused by a drug or a condition?
- Get alerts to symptoms - forecast your symptoms and get alerts
- Join related support groups - you are not alone, join a support group on ehealth.me
- Report the side effect - help people in need and in real time
- Ask a question - ask a question related to the study
- write a review - share your experience related to the study
- More tools...
Expand the study to include all drugs with the same ingredientsTtp and drugs with ingredients of prasugrel hydrochloride.
Expand the study to include reports from both FDA and eHealthMeTtp and Effient from FDA and eHealthMe reports
Effient has active ingredients of prasugrel hydrochloride. It is often used in stent. (latest outcomes from Effient 7,339 users)
Ttp has been reported by people with high blood pressure, multiple myeloma, preventive health care, stent, high blood cholesterol (latest reports from 4,271 Ttp patients).
Browse all side effects of Effienta b c d e f g h i j k l m n o p q r s t u v w x y z
Drugs that are associated with TtpTtp
Could your condition cause TtpTtp
What would happen?
Questions to the study
Since I came home I get really bad leg cramps in my left shin. At night and during the day. At night they will wake me from a sound sleep and I have to get up and walk around for about 30 minutes.I have taken leg cramp pills, drink a gallon of water a day, also dring tonic water for the quinine ...
I take Effient daily, along with one baby aspirin. I've also been taking Tumeric Capsules (potentiated by taking Black Pepper Extract) with it. Is anyone aware of any possible side effects of this combination?
User reviews to the study
My 95-yr-old father-in-law has been on Lisinopril for 2-5 years for CHF, a-Fib, & HBP. A few days ago he was diagnosed with what the doctors believe to be an unusually severe case of TTP with a bright reddish orange rash all over his torso, arms, and face. Am wondering if Lisinopril could be ...
My dad had a heart attack and was placed on several medications including Effient and has 2 stints. He now has been diagnosed with severe dementia and is only 63. He is getting worse by the day. Any one have suggestions or are going through the same dilemma?
I have been taking Effient for several years and recently started taking 720mg of Tumeric daily because of its valuable health properties. So far I have had no VISIBLE negative reactions. Has anyone had any negative reactions from this combination? I know coumadin and Tumeric can cause ...