Review: could Elavil cause Acne?
Summary: Acne is found among people who take Elavil, especially for people who are female, 40-49 old, also take medication Sandostatin lar, and have Pancreatic neuroendocrine tumour.
We study 11,105 people who have side effects while taking Elavil from FDA and social media. Among them, 24 have Acne. Find out below who they are, when they have Acne and more.
You are not alone: join a mobile support group for people who take Elavil and have Acne >>>
Elavil has active ingredients of amitriptyline hydrochloride. It is often used in depression. (latest outcomes from Elavil 11,891 users)
Acne (skin problems that cause pimples) has been reported by people with birth control, rheumatoid arthritis, depression, crohn's disease, multiple sclerosis.(latest reports from Acne 31,230 patients)
On Nov, 26, 2014: 11,105 people reported to have side effects when taking Elavil. Among them, 29 people (0.26%) have Acne.
Time on Elavil when people have Acne * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years |
Gender of people who have Acne when taking Elavil * :
Age of people who have Acne when taking Elavil * :
Severity of Acne when taking Elavil ** :
|least||moderate||severe||most severe |
How people recovered from Acne ** :
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Pancreatic neuroendocrine tumour (7 people, 24.14%)
- Irritable bowel syndrome (5 people, 17.24%)
- Pain (4 people, 13.79%)
- Neuropathy peripheral (2 people, 6.90%)
- Hormone replacement therapy (2 people, 6.90%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Sandostatin lar (7 people, 24.14%)
- Afinitor (7 people, 24.14%)
- Codeine syrup (7 people, 24.14%)
- Zelnorm (5 people, 17.24%)
- Synthroid (5 people, 17.24%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Do you have Acne while taking Elavil?
You are not alone! Join a mobile support group:
- support group for people who take Elavil and have Acne
- support group for people who take Elavil
- support group for people who have Acne
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause:
Can you answer these questions (Ask a question):
- How to treat tubercolosis pimples?
I already cured from my abdominal TB and stop using anti tb drugs about a month now, but the acne still there. How to cure this pimple? I never had it before I use the drugs. Will salicylic acid works? Thanks.
- I take 20mg of amitriptyline each notgh to help me sleep. i have just been diagnosed with parkinsons and need to takae azilect, whihc is an mao-b inhibotor, can i take them together
Can I take both these tables together? My consultant said it was ok to take both
but the Amitriptyline instructions say do not take with MAO-B inhibitors, Azilect is an MAO-B inhibitors
- Can bacteria filled periodontal pockets cause acne
on my bottom pre molar i have gum recession for a few years. Within that time i have also suffered from recurring out break on the same side and location of the periodontal pocket. the premolar on the opposite side has also recently started to recede, and i have noticed a small breakout forming. is it possible these pockets are filling with bacteria and causing my acne flair up?
- I cannot get a direct answer from any of my drs.,is my sciatic pain caused by my interstitail cystitus? (1 answer)
I have had interstitail cystitus for almost four years now.I have been on every kind of drug,other than pain pills.I will not take them,I don't believe in them they only mask the problem and cause addiction.of course,just my belief.I have had d.s.m.o. repetitively for first year and a half twice a week.I have tried physical therapy .I have had five hydrodistention.I just recently had my first hydrodistention with botox injections.nothing has kept me out of pain .even when I am doing good I can only seem to reach a six in my pain level.my frequency average is and has been 30-40Times a day.I am,or,was a chef kitchen manager.could not perform and lost two jobs because of this disease.my flanks,my lower back ,my legs,my arms all ways in pain.pelvic pain is constant.I'd rather not go into further details way too personal.but this has taken my life.I am 35.I have led a fairly healthy life.I have no life now.I am seeking disability .Every Dr. I go to has a different option about the sciatic part of my problem some Dr.s are very sure and as a matter of fact about how it is in conjunction with I.c..others look at me like I'm nuts?why do I limp?why can't I get in and out of a car,or bend down and touch my toes,pick heavy stuff up.just to laugh at times hurts.this is my life ,I gotta wonder ,is there any one else out there going through the same symptoms and no relief?
- What is the interactions between sodium valproate and roaccutane?
i took biotin tablets for hair and i take sodium valproate since 2004 till now, i want to take roaccutane for my acne, please answer me.
More questions for: Elavil, Acne
You may be interested at these reviews (Write a review):
- Amitriptyline involuntary eye movements
I've began having sparatic involuntary eye movements a few days after I started taking amitriptyline. It's not faint either, it's like my eye is having a seizure, emabrassing. Just wanted to share.
- Androgel for secondary hypogonadism
Severe swelling in legs, ankles and feet after being on my feet for more than one hour. Pain in calves and ankles. Feels like they're being squeezed or compressed. Pain dissipates after laying down for a few hours. Swelling never completely dissipates. Always some swelling in ankles.
- Depo provera overdose
Dr acidentially gave me something like 9 times the normal dose of depo provera. My life has been miserable! I have fought excessive weight gain, infertility, severe cellulite, and acne for 20 years.
- Inflammation in leg and around pelvis
I gave birth two years ago, in my birthing plan it only stated that i wished for gas & air ONlY.
I was very confused what with all the gas & air.. So all i heared was midewife saying that she will order pethidine. Next minute i know midwife injects me with pethidine in right buttuck.
Later that day i feel extreamly bruised where i was injected but thought nothing of it. The bruised feeling continued for two weeks getting stronger and more painful when i just couldnt move. I literally couldnt move my leg, the pain had got so bad that i was screaming and had to call 999.
Doctors had to check if i was paralyed as i couldnt move my leg. Turns out i was not paralysed.
I was sent home in crazy pain, screaming. It got so bad that i had to urinate myself in bed as i couldnt move to get out. Again i called 999. Hospital kept me in for a week, they though it was sciatica nerve. MRI scan showed inflammation in leg ad around the pelvis area. In hopital i learnt to walk all over again using zimmer frame. (This all happened in july and i finally was off crutches that october.) a couple of weeks after being out of hospital my left collar bone was swallon badly and i couldnt lift my left arm all the way up and my two fingers in left had were slightly numb. Again i had a MRI scan which showed again inflammation.
A doctor who had been treating me had told me that he has never seen this before and his does not know what has causes all this.. I suggest the pethidine.. And he quickly snaps and says that he does not know the cause but is certain its not the pethidine. I truely believe it was the pethidine. I made a full recovery, but the past year i have been experiencing discomfort in my buttuck and sometimes hip and shooting pains down my leg and in my foot (all the same side where i was injected)
I had an MRI scan on my spine lumber & sacral and pelvis but strangly results say its normal.
What is this pain? And been physio but this did not help it made pain worse. It is all a mystery, i want answers, i know it has something to do with the pethidine.
- Spironolactone caused meibomian gland dysfunction
I started taking spironolactone to help with hormonal acne. I took 1 pill for 3 months without any noticeable problems. Then my dermatologist increased to 2X/day. Within 1 week the glands in my eyes (meibomian glands) completely clogged up and caused severe dry eye. I continued taking the spironolactone for 6 weeks and my eyes didn't get any better (at the time I didn't know there was a connection to the med). I did some research on line and found out the spironolactone can actually cause this problem. I completely stopped the spironolactone and after 1 month my eyes are better.
More reviews for: Elavil, Acne
Comments from related drug studies (Check your drugs):
- After 3-4 days of taking adderall or any stimulants I start to get pimple like sores on my scalp, nose,eyes,mouth,face and vaginal area puss comes out of mi eyes and vaginal area.
It seems like every hair follicle or cut becomes clogged and filled with puss. It burns when I use the restroom. My ey ...
- I started taking Minocycline to treat my moderate acne on my cheeks. After about three weeks, I started feeling swollen lymph nodes and I thought it was normal for it is a possible side effect. As it continuously got worse, I went to the doctor to get checked about 1 1/2 months after I started the t ...
- I have had chronic fatigue since 5 May 2012 - nearly 2 and a half years. Recently stopped Lexapro for depression which I was on for a year and slowly reduced before cessation. Old back problem bulging disk L5/S1 pain left thigh, hip, buttock worst at night. Recently went on tramadol and immediate sl ...
- Started taking two weeks ago, Taking Endep for nerve, to get more sleep to release seretonin 2x 10mg
Taken at night
On admittance to hospital surgeons found I was tender on both sides of stomach, and both sides on back Ct scan showed pockets of diverticulitis disease
Also take nexium regu ...
- Losartan was prescribed to slow down any possible aortic dissection which is common amongst people who have Marfan's syndrome. I have an atypical form of Marfan's but have some of the genetic markers (height, pigeon chest, history of tall parent dying from aortic dissection)
Amitriptyline is taken ...
More related studies for: Elavil, Acne
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.