Review: could Elavil cause Anorgasmia (Orgasmic dysfunction)?
Summary: Anorgasmia is found among people who take Elavil, especially for people who are male, 60+ old, have been taking the drug for 1 - 6 months, also take medication Viagra, and have Pain.
We study 11,113 people who have side effects while taking Elavil from FDA and social media. Among them, 7 have Anorgasmia. Find out below who they are, when they have Anorgasmia and more.
You are not alone: join a support group for people who take Elavil and have Anorgasmia >>>
Elavil has active ingredients of amitriptyline hydrochloride. It is often used in depression. (latest outcomes from 11,899 Elavil users)
Anorgasmia (type of sexual dysfunction in which a person cannot achieve orgasm, even with adequate stimulation) has been reported by people with depression, erection problems, stress and anxiety, high blood pressure, neuralgia. (latest reports from 1,553 Anorgasmia patients)
On Mar, 19, 2015: 11,113 people reported to have side effects when taking Elavil. Among them, 7 people (0.06%) have Anorgasmia.
Time on Elavil when people have Anorgasmia * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years |
Gender of people who have Anorgasmia when taking Elavil * :
Age of people who have Anorgasmia when taking Elavil * :
Severity of Anorgasmia when taking Elavil ** :
|least||moderate||severe||most severe |
How people recovered from Anorgasmia ** :
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Pain (1 people, 14.29%)
- Anxiety (1 people, 14.29%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Viagra (3 people, 42.86%)
- Allegra-d (2 people, 28.57%)
- Monocycline (2 people, 28.57%)
- Soma (2 people, 28.57%)
- Zocor (2 people, 28.57%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Do you have Anorgasmia while taking Elavil?
You are not alone! Join a mobile support group on :
- support group for people who take Elavil and have Anorgasmia
- support group for people who take Elavil
- support group for people who have Anorgasmia
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause:
- A study of drug interactions between Clonazepam, Lithium Carbonate, Seroquel, Rozerem, Gabapentin, Buspirone Hydrochloride, Lamotrigine for a 45-year old woman with Bipolar Disorder, Insomnia. The patient has Anorgasmia
- A study of drug interactions between Vitamin B12, Ferrous Citrate Fe 59, Amitriptyline Hydrochloride for a 22-year old woman with Anemia, Anaemia, Depression. The patient has Mettalic Taste In Mouth, Dry Mouth
- A study of drug interactions between Biotin, Tramadol, Omeprazole, Lyrica, Neurontin, Amitriptyline Hydrochloride, Losartan, Bydureon, Metformin, Humalog, Chantix for a 39-year old woman with Deficiency Anaemia, Pain, Gerd, Neuropathy, Hypertension, Diabetes, Diabetes Mellitus Insulin-dependent, Quit Smoking. The patient has Amphetamines Positive
- A study of drug interactions between Imitrex, Elavil, Clonidine, Microgestin Fe 1/20, Norflex, Trazodone Hydrochloride, Lamictal, Topamax, Lyrica for a 28-year old woman with Migraine, Depression, Anxiety Disorder, Birth Control, Back Pain, Insomnia, Headache, Pain. The patient has Migraine, Migraine With Aura
- A study of side effects of Endep for a 65-year old man with Depression. The patient has Paranoia (psychotic disorder characterized by delusions of persecution with or without grandeur)
Recent Elavil related drug comparison:
- Comparions of Nortriptyline Hydrochloride, Amitriptyline Hydrochloride for a 58-year old woman who has Osteoarthritis, Insomnia
- Comparions of Alpha - Lipoic Acid, Elavil for a 71-year old man who has Neuropathy
- Comparions of Amitriptyline Hydrochloride, Plavix for a 59-year old woman who has Heart Attack And Tia
- Comparions of Amitriptyline Hydrochloride, Effexor, Lyrica, Cymbalta for a 39-year old woman who has Fibromyalgia
- Comparions of Pramipexole Dihydrochloride, Quetiapine Fumarate, Temazepam, Diazepam, Amitriptyline Hydrochloride for a 53-year old woman who has Anxiety Depression M.e.
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.