Review: could Elavil cause Skin rash (Rashes)?
Summary: Skin rash is found among people who take Elavil, especially for people who are female, 60+ old, have been taking the drug for < 1 month, also take medication Neurontin, and have Pain.
We study 11,115 people who have side effects while taking Elavil from FDA and social media. Among them, 546 have Skin rash. Find out below who they are, when they have Skin rash and more.
You are not alone: join a support group for people who take Elavil and have Skin rash >>>
Elavil has active ingredients of amitriptyline hydrochloride. It is often used in depression. (latest outcomes from 11,903 Elavil users)
Skin rash (redness) has been reported by people with rheumatoid arthritis, high blood pressure, high blood cholesterol, osteoporosis, depression. (latest reports from 146,526 Skin rash patients)
On Apr, 5, 2015: 11,115 people reported to have side effects when taking Elavil. Among them, 544 people (4.89%) have Skin Rash.
Time on Elavil when people have Skin rash * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years |
|Skin rash||53.33%||33.33%||0.00%||6.67%||0.00%||0.00%||6.67% |
Gender of people who have Skin rash when taking Elavil * :
|Skin rash||63.95%||36.05% |
Age of people who have Skin rash when taking Elavil * :
|Skin rash||0.00%||0.00%||0.71%||0.53%||11.05%||20.86%||29.59%||37.25% |
Severity of Skin rash when taking Elavil ** :
|least||moderate||severe||most severe |
|Skin rash||33.33%||33.33%||0.00%||33.33% |
How people recovered from Skin rash ** :
|while on the drug||after off the drug||not yet |
|Skin rash||0.00%||0.00%||100.00% |
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Pain (107 people, 19.67%)
- Depression (66 people, 12.13%)
- Multiple myeloma (65 people, 11.95%)
- Gastrooesophageal reflux disease (61 people, 11.21%)
- Hypertension (47 people, 8.64%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Neurontin (165 people, 30.33%)
- Zometa (136 people, 25.00%)
- Lasix (133 people, 24.45%)
- Vioxx (130 people, 23.90%)
- Aredia (126 people, 23.16%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Get connected: join our support group of elavil and skin rash on
Do you have Skin Rash while taking Elavil?
You are not alone! Join a support group on :
- support group for people who take Elavil and have Skin Rash
- support group for people who take Elavil
- support group for people who have Skin Rash
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause:
- A study of drug interactions between Fish Oil, Aspirin, Accuretic, Crestor, Finasteride for a 58-year old man with Hypertension, High Blood Cholesterol, Bhp. The patient has Skin Bleeding, Skin Rash
- A study of drug interactions between Sumatriptan, Amitriptyline Hydrochloride, Omeprazole, Amlodipine, Tramadol for a 48-year old woman with Migraine, Migrane Control, Stomachache, Hypertension, Pelvic Organ Injury. The patient has Severe Hypertension Despite Being Medicated, Fatigue - Chronic, Back Stiffness, Painful Feet Around Achilles And Legs - Unable To Relieve With Drugs
- A study of drug interactions between Levemir, NovoRapid, Implanon for a 28-year old woman with Diabetes, Birth Control. The patient has Rash
- A study of drug interactions between Promethazine, Toradol, Zolpidem Tartrate, Amitriptyline Hydrochloride, Meloxicam, Adipex-p, Lisinopril, Lamictal, Sertraline for a 37-year old woman with Nausea, Migraine, Sleeplessness, Weight Loss, High Blood Pressure, Bipolar Disorder. The patient has Stones - Kidney, Bite
- A study of side effects of Co-codamol for a 29-year old woman with Neck Pain. The patient has Rash Generalised
Recent Elavil related drug comparison:
- Comparions of Elavil, Tegretol for a 43-year old woman who has Restless Leg Syndrome
- Comparions of Gabapentin, Tadalafil, Atorvastatin Calcium, Amitriptyline Hydrochloride, Ramipril for a 56-year old man who has Pain In Limb
- Comparions of Endep, Pristiq for a 45-year old woman who has Depression
- Comparions of Amitriptyline Hydrochloride, Letrozole for a 55-year old woman who has Aromatose Inhibitor, Nerve Pain
- Comparions of Nortriptyline Hydrochloride, Amitriptyline Hydrochloride for a 58-year old woman who has Osteoarthritis, Insomnia
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.