Review: could Elavil cause Uti (Urinary tract infection)?
Summary: Uti is found among people who take Elavil, especially for people who are female, 60+ old, have been taking the drug for < 1 month, also take medication Neurontin, and have Osteoporosis.
We study 11,115 people who have side effects while taking Elavil from FDA and social media. Among them, 447 have Uti. Find out below who they are, when they have Uti and more.
You are not alone: join a support group for people who take Elavil and have Uti >>>
Elavil has active ingredients of amitriptyline hydrochloride. It is often used in depression. (latest outcomes from 11,901 Elavil users)
Uti (urinary tract infection) has been reported by people with multiple sclerosis, osteoporosis, rheumatoid arthritis, high blood pressure, pain. (latest reports from 66,231 Uti patients)
On Mar, 29, 2015: 11,113 people reported to have side effects when taking Elavil. Among them, 447 people (4.02%) have Uti.
Time on Elavil when people have Uti * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years |
Gender of people who have Uti when taking Elavil * :
Age of people who have Uti when taking Elavil * :
Severity of Uti when taking Elavil ** :
|least||moderate||severe||most severe |
How people recovered from Uti ** :
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Osteoporosis (56 people, 12.53%)
- Pain (52 people, 11.63%)
- Multiple myeloma (45 people, 10.07%)
- Breast cancer (37 people, 8.28%)
- Metastases to bone (37 people, 8.28%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Neurontin (191 people, 42.73%)
- Zometa (158 people, 35.35%)
- Aredia (156 people, 34.90%)
- Vicodin (138 people, 30.87%)
- Oxycontin (120 people, 26.85%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Get connected: join our support group of elavil and uti on
Do you have Uti while taking Elavil?
You are not alone! Join a support group on :
- support group for people who take Elavil and have Uti
- support group for people who take Elavil
- support group for people who have Uti
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause:
- A study of drug interactions between Vitamin D, Crestor, Prilosec, Zyrtec Allergy, Wellbutrin Sr, Prozac, Elavil for a 56-year old woman with Low Deficient, High Cholesterol, Acid Reflux, Allergy, Depression - Chronic, Migraine.
- A study of side effects of Amitriptyline Hydrochloride for a 48-year old woman with High Blood Pressure. The patient has Yawning
- A study of drug interactions between Restasis, Soma, Aspirin, Omeprazole, Levothroid, Naproxen, Amitriptyline Hydrochloride for a 57-year old woman with Double Vision, Muscle And Nerve Problems, Systemic, Gerd, Hypothyroidism, Osteoporosis, Nerve And Muscle Problem. The patient has Uti - Chronic Or Recurrent, Sjogren Syndrome, Enlarged Lymph Nodes, Adrenal Neoplasm, Cortisol Level, Nerve Problems, Muscle Cramps
- A study of drug interactions between Vitamin B12, Ferrous Citrate Fe 59, Amitriptyline Hydrochloride for a 22-year old woman with Anemia, Anaemia, Depression. The patient has Mettalic Taste In Mouth, Dry Mouth
- A study of drug interactions between Biotin, Tramadol, Omeprazole, Lyrica, Neurontin, Amitriptyline Hydrochloride, Losartan, Bydureon, Metformin, Humalog, Chantix for a 39-year old woman with Deficiency Anaemia, Pain, Gerd, Neuropathy, Hypertension, Diabetes, Diabetes Mellitus Insulin-dependent, Quit Smoking. The patient has Amphetamines Positive
Recent Elavil related drug comparison:
- Comparions of Nortriptyline Hydrochloride, Amitriptyline Hydrochloride for a 58-year old woman who has Osteoarthritis, Insomnia
- Comparions of Alpha - Lipoic Acid, Elavil for a 71-year old man who has Neuropathy
- Comparions of Amitriptyline Hydrochloride, Plavix for a 59-year old woman who has Heart Attack And Tia
- Comparions of Amitriptyline Hydrochloride, Effexor, Lyrica, Cymbalta for a 39-year old woman who has Fibromyalgia
- Comparions of Pramipexole Dihydrochloride, Quetiapine Fumarate, Temazepam, Diazepam, Amitriptyline Hydrochloride for a 53-year old woman who has Anxiety Depression M.e.
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.