Review: could Elmiron cause Colitis?
Summary: Colitis is found among people who take Elmiron, especially for people who are female, 50-59 old, have been taking the drug for 5 - 10 years, also take medication Nexium, and have Cystitis interstitial.
We study 1,870 people who have side effects while taking Elmiron from FDA and social media. Among them, 17 have Colitis. Find out below who they are, when they have Colitis and more.
You are not alone: join a mobile support group for people who take Elmiron and have Colitis >>>
Elmiron has active ingredients of pentosan polysulfate sodium. It is often used in interstitial cystitis (ic). (latest outcomes from Elmiron 1,989 users)
Colitis (inflammation of colon) has been reported by people with acne, high blood pressure, rheumatoid arthritis, osteoporosis, multiple sclerosis.(latest reports from Colitis 15,675 patients)
On Dec, 5, 2014: 1,870 people reported to have side effects when taking Elmiron. Among them, 17 people (0.91%) have Colitis.
Time on Elmiron when people have Colitis * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years |
Gender of people who have Colitis when taking Elmiron * :
Age of people who have Colitis when taking Elmiron * :
Severity of Colitis when taking Elmiron ** :
How people recovered from Colitis ** :
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Cystitis interstitial (11 people, 64.71%)
- Gastrooesophageal reflux disease (1 people, 5.88%)
- Pain (1 people, 5.88%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Nexium (3 people, 17.65%)
- Cozaar (2 people, 11.76%)
- Zestril (2 people, 11.76%)
- Cardizem (2 people, 11.76%)
- Elavil (1 people, 5.88%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Do you have Colitis while taking Elmiron?
You are not alone! Join a mobile support group:
- support group for people who take Elmiron and have Colitis
- support group for people who take Elmiron
- support group for people who have Colitis
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause:
Can you answer these questions (Ask a question):
- Is high ck (702) related to parkinson's (1 answer)
(Asked by a 61 year old woman who has Colitis, Acid Reflux, Parkinson's, and takes Sinemet, Mirapex, Artane, Effexor, Pantoprazole, Aminosalicylic Acid)
High ck led to taking a statin as a prophylactic, which was discontinued when I had a normal angiogram one month later my ck is still high. It was 702, a month later it is 678. What should I do?
- How to cure isoniazid c dif colitis (1 answer)
(Asked by a 47 year old woman who has Diarrhea, Colitis, and takes Isoniazid, Probiotics, Pyridoxine (vitamin B6))
Developed c dif colitis 4.5 mos into inh tx also have cvid as well as systemic lupus and ankylosing spondylitis... What can they give me?
- My doctor has me on both mercaptopurine and cimzia. is this dangerous? do i need to take both for colitis and crohn's disease
(Asked by a 74 year old man who has Colitis, Crohn's, and takes Mercaptopurine, Cimzia)
is this dangerous to take both drugs for colitis crohn's diseaase
- Can accutane cause c diff colitis
(Asked by a 27 year old man who has Colitis, and takes Accutane)
- I have been taking enoxaparin for a year and have a continuing problem with petechiae, has anyone had this problem and what was done to correct it
(Asked by a 86 year old man who has Prostate Cancer, Embolisms Lung And Legs, and takes Enoxaparin Sodium, Zytiga, Potassium Chloride, Elmiron)
More questions for: Elmiron, Colitis
More reviews for: Elmiron, Colitis
- A study of drug interactions between Rituxan, Rituxan, Rituxan, Rituxan for a patient with Dementia, Stiff-man Syndrome, Autonomic Neuropathy, Gad. The patient has Hypertension, Appetite - Decreased, Colitis
Comments: Hypertension, colitis, appetite decrease occurred following second biweekly treatment. No recovery following a total of four treatments. Pt has GAD 65 and P/QType calcium channel antibodies. Results to level of antibodies is currently outstanding in lab.
- A study of drug interactions between Wellbutrin, Lamictal, Buspar, Cymbalta, Atorvastatin Calcium, Potassium Chloride, Bumex, Hydroxychloroquine Sulfate, Prednisone, Topamax, Elmiron, Aloe Vera, Alpha - Lipoic Acid, Testosterone Enanthate And Estradiol Valerate, Lidocaine Hydrochloride, Vitamin D, Omega 3, Omega 6, Omega-9 Fatty Acids, Dilaudid, Exalgo, Valium for a patient with Depression, Mood Stabilizer, Anxiety, Hyperlipidemia, Potassium - Low, Edema - Peripheral, Peripheral Edema, Connective Tissue Disorder, Swelling, Migraine Prophylaxis, Interstitial Cystitis (ic), Peripheral Nerve Injury, Blood Testosterone Abnormal, Vulvodynia, Chronic Pain, Vaginal Spasms. The patient has Serotonin Syndrome, Acute Polyneuropathy, Autoimmune Disorder, Edema - Peripheral, Peripheral Edema
Comments: I was in a MVA 2 1/2 years ago, I was an RN and was left unable to work. 3 months after the MVA I underwent a Hysterectomy found 4th grade Endometriosis with Adhesions. Only able to remove uterus, cervix is stuck to bowel unable to remove both ovaries retained. Underwent 2 rounds of 6 months each ...
- A study of drug interactions between Aloe Vera, Alpha - Lipoic Acid, Dilaudid, Exalgo, Cymbalta, Lamictal, Buspar, Wellbutrin, Topamax, Hydroxychloroquine Sulfate, Prednisone, Lipitor, Bumex, Potassium Chloride, Elmiron for a patient with Nerve Damage - Diabetic, Nerve Injury, Chronic Pain, Depression, Mood Swings, Anxiety, Migraine Prophylaxis, Connective Tissue Disorder, Inflammatory Response, Hyperlipidemia, Edema - Peripheral, Peripheral Edema, Potassium - Low, Interstitial Cystitis (ic). The patient has Serotonin Syndrome, Myoclonus
Comments: depression and anxiety x 12 years genetic. Migraines x 15 years genetic, Hyperlipidemia x7 years changed to lipitor from crestor due to peripheral neuropathy from taking plaquenil and crestor together, lipitor will do the same?? MVA january 2011, diagnosed with grade 4 endometriosis w/adhesions Mar ...
- A study of drug interactions between Butrans, Nucynta, Levoxyl, Advair Diskus 250/50, Singulair, Clarinex-d 12 Hour, Protonix, Mobic, Zocor, Elmiron, Fosamax, Patanol, Flonase, Multivitamin, Lutein, Lactobacillus, Flaxseed Oil, Glucosamine, Calcium for a patient with Pain, Breakthrough Pain, Hypothyroidism, Asthma Late Onset, Asthma, Nasal Congestion, Stomach Flu, Swelling Of Fingers, High Blood Cholesterol, Interstitial Cystitis (ic), Osteoporosis Postmenopausal, Allergies, Rhinitis Allergic, Vitamin Supplementation, Mineral Supplementation, Irritable Bowel Syndrome, Aging Changes In The Bones - Muscles - Joints, Supplementation Therapy. The patient has Forgetfulness, Painful Response To Normal Stimuli, Pancreatitis Chronic, Pain In Limb, Pain In Jaw, Sleep Inertia
Comments: Since taking Tramadol, then nucynta, and finally butrans leg pain developed and increased with each med change. My hip pain increased as did interruption in my sleep. I am more noise and light intolerant.
- A study of side effects of Minocin for a patient with Colitis. The patient has Colitis (inflammation of colon)
Comments: I took minocin which was prescribed by my GP from the age of 16 through to 25 for symptoms of Acne.
I am now 32 and for the past 4 years I have been suffering on and off with bloody diahrreah which is becoming more frequent and progressively worse.
More related studies for: Elmiron, Colitis
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.