Home > Elmiron > Colitis > Elmiron and Colitis
Review: could Elmiron cause Colitis?
Summary: Colitis is found among people who take Elmiron, especially for people who are female, 50-59 old, have been taking the drug for 5 - 10 years, also take medication Nexium, and have Cystitis interstitial.
We study 1,870 people who have side effects while taking Elmiron from FDA and social media. Among them, 17 have Colitis. Find out below who they are, when they have Colitis and more.
You are not alone: join a mobile support group for people who take Elmiron and have Colitis >>>
Elmiron (latest outcomes from 1,987 users) has active ingredients of pentosan polysulfate sodium. It is often used in interstitial cystitis (ic).
Colitis (inflammation of colon) (latest reports from 85,340 patients) has been reported by people with acne, high blood pressure, rheumatoid arthritis, osteoporosis, multiple sclerosis.
On Oct, 31, 2014: 1,870 people reported to have side effects when taking Elmiron. Among them, 17 people (0.91%) have Colitis.
Time on Elmiron when people have Colitis * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years |
Gender of people who have Colitis when taking Elmiron * :
Age of people who have Colitis when taking Elmiron * :
Severity of Colitis when taking Elmiron ** :
How people recovered from Colitis ** :
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Cystitis interstitial (11 people, 64.71%)
- Gastrooesophageal reflux disease (1 people, 5.88%)
- Pain (1 people, 5.88%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Nexium (3 people, 17.65%)
- Cozaar (2 people, 11.76%)
- Zestril (2 people, 11.76%)
- Cardizem (2 people, 11.76%)
- Elavil (1 people, 5.88%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Do you have Colitis while taking Elmiron?
You are not alone! Join a mobile support group:
- support group for people who take Elmiron and have Colitis
- support group for people who take Elmiron
- support group for people who have Colitis
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause:
Can you answer these questions (Ask a question):
- Is high ck (702) related to parkinson's
(Asked by a 61 year old woman who has Colitis, Acid Reflux, Parkinson's, and takes Sinemet, Mirapex, Artane, Effexor, Pantoprazole, Aminosalicylic Acid)
High ck led to taking a statin as a prophylactic, which was discontinued when I had a normal angiogram one month later my ck is still high. It was 702, a month later it is 678. What should I do?
- How to cure isoniazid c dif colitis
(Asked by a 47 year old woman who has Diarrhea, Colitis, and takes Isoniazid, Probiotics, Pyridoxine (vitamin B6))
Developed c dif colitis 4.5 mos into inh tx also have cvid as well as systemic lupus and ankylosing spondylitis... What can they give me?
- My doctor has me on both mercaptopurine and cimzia. is this dangerous? do i need to take both for colitis and crohn's disease
(Asked by a 74 year old man who has Colitis, Crohn's, and takes Mercaptopurine, Cimzia)
is this dangerous to take both drugs for colitis crohn's diseaase
- Can accutane cause c diff colitis
(Asked by a 27 year old man who has Colitis, and takes Accutane)
- I have been taking enoxaparin for a year and have a continuing problem with petechiae, has anyone had this problem and what was done to correct it
(Asked by a 86 year old man who has Prostate Cancer, Embolisms Lung And Legs, and takes Enoxaparin Sodium, Zytiga, Potassium Chloride, Elmiron)
More questions for: Elmiron, Colitis
More reviews for: Elmiron, Colitis
- A study of drug interactions between Hydrocortisone, Potassium Chloride 20meq In Dextrose 5% And Sodium Chloride 0.225% In Plastic Container for a patient with Colitis, Potassium - Low. The patient has Intestinal Polyps, Abdominal Pain, Endometriosis, Potassium - Low, Colitis, Ibs, Costochondritis
Comments: total of four c sections had ovary removed then had large cyst removed off other ovary then hysterectomy done had colonscopy had polyps removed due to inflamed doctor said
- A study of side effects of Potassium Chloride 20meq In Dextrose 5% And Sodium Chloride 0.225% In Plastic Container for a patient with Potassium - Low. The patient has Tongue Tie (a congenital oral anomaly which may decrease mobility of the tongue tip and is caused by an unusually short), Abdominal Pain, Colitis (inflammation of colon), Ibs (irritable bowel syndrome -chronic abdominal pain, discomfort, bloating), Costochondritis (chest wall pain)
Comments: had colonscopy had polyps removed due to inflamed doctor said
- A study of drug interactions between Atelvia, Atenolol, Quinapril for a patient with Osteoporosis, High Blood Pressure. The patient has Colitis
Comments: just had colonoscopy
- A study of drug interactions between Acetaminophen, Aspirin And Caffeine, Phenazopyridine Hcl Tab, Amitriptyline Hydrochloride, Elmiron for a patient with Low Back Pain, Interstitial Cystitis (ic). The patient has Back Pain, Vomiting Blood
Comments: Constant lower back pain
- A study of drug interactions between Rituxan, Rituxan, Rituxan, Rituxan for a patient with Dementia, Stiff-man Syndrome, Autonomic Neuropathy, Gad. The patient has Hypertension, Appetite - Decreased, Colitis
Comments: Hypertension, colitis, appetite decrease occurred following second biweekly treatment. No recovery following a total of four treatments. Pt has GAD 65 and P/QType calcium channel antibodies. Results to level of antibodies is currently outstanding in lab.
More related studies for: Elmiron, Colitis
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.
Recent mobile support groups
- Calcium Carbonate, Famotidine And Magnesium Hydroxide
- Feeding tube complications flomax
Has anyone on feeding tube taken Flomax. Any complication ... (11 hours ago)
- What side effects do you experience from sulpfasalazine?
Answer: My hair falls out too, but it was falling out before I was ... (16 hours ago)
- Feeling dizziness in the morning. is it due to glaucoma
Since 3 days I am feeling dizziness in the morning for abo ... (1 day ago)
Recent user reviews
- Urea urine increased while taking topamax
I was on Topamax to lose weight. It worked for me, I lost ... (1 day ago)
- Jaw pain with avastin
My sister is currently taking Avastin and after each treat ... (1 day ago)
- Lipitor weight loss/ lisinipril ed issue
Response: Do Not, I repeat Do Not take Lipitor!!! I was on 20mg for ... (2 days ago)
Recent studies on eHealthMe:
- Norvasc, Calcium Carbonate, Famotidine And Magnesium Hydroxide, Celexa, Clozapine, Lotrimin, Enalapril Maleate, Simvastatin, Lovenox, Albuterol, Lorazepam, Meropenem, Nystatin, Zofran, Oxytocin, Quetiapine Fumarate, Vancomycin Hydrochloride for a 68-year old man who has Hypertension, Unknown, Depression, Anxiety Disorder, Blood Cholesterol Abnormal, Bedridden, Lung Disorder, Oral Thrush, Pain, Psychosis, Pneumonia Streptococcal (11 minutes ago)
- Gabapentin for a 69-year old man who has Pain - Back (33 minutes ago)
- Lexapro for a 45-year old man who has Anxiety Disorder (1 hour ago)