Elmiron and Infusion related reaction - from FDA reports
Infusion related reaction is found among people who take Elmiron, especially for people who are female, 40-49 old also take medication Remicade, and have Crohn's disease. This review analyzes which people have Infusion related reaction with Elmiron. It is created by eHealthMe based on reports of 3,062 people who have side effects when taking Elmiron from FDA, and is updated regularly.
What to expect?
You are not alone!
Personalized health information
On eHealthMe you can find out what patients like me (same gender, age) reported their drugs and conditions on FDA since 1977. Our tools are simple to use, anonymous and free. Start now >>>
On May, 12, 2017
3,062 people reported to have side effects when taking Elmiron.
Among them, 10 people (0.33%) have Infusion Related Reaction
Number of reports submitted per year:
Gender of people who have Infusion Related Reaction when taking Elmiron *:
- female: 100 %
- male: 0.0 %
Age of people who have Infusion Related Reaction when taking Elmiron *:
- 0-1: 0.0 %
- 2-9: 0.0 %
- 10-19: 0.0 %
- 20-29: 0.0 %
- 30-39: 14.29 %
- 40-49: 71.43 %
- 50-59: 14.29 %
- 60+: 0.0 %
Top conditions involved for these people *:
- Rheumatoid Arthritis (6 people, 60.00%)
- Crohn's Disease (6 people, 60.00%)
- Ulcerative Colitis (4 people, 40.00%)
- Hormone Replacement Therapy (4 people, 40.00%)
- Cystitis Interstitial (4 people, 40.00%)
Top co-used drugs for these people *:
- Remicade (6 people, 60.00%)
- Mercaptopurine (4 people, 40.00%)
- Estrogenic Substance (4 people, 40.00%)
- Depakote (4 people, 40.00%)
- Asacol (4 people, 40.00%)
Top other side effects for these people *:
- Fatigue (6 people, 60.00%)
- Vision Blurred (5 people, 50.00%)
- Ocular Hyperaemia (4 people, 40.00%)
- Migraine (4 people, 40.00%)
- Electrocardiogram T Wave Inversion (4 people, 40.00%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Do you have Infusion related reaction when taking Elmiron?
- Check symptoms - is infusion related reaction caused by a drug or a condition?
- Get alerts to symptoms - forecast your symptoms and get alerts
- Join related support groups - you are not alone, join a support group on ehealth.me
- Report the side effect - help people in need and in real time
- More tools...
Elmiron has active ingredients of pentosan polysulfate sodium. It is often used in interstitial cystitis (ic). (latest outcomes from Elmiron 3,310 users)
Infusion Related Reaction
Infusion related reaction has been reported by people with rheumatoid arthritis, crohn's disease, ulcerative colitis, multiple sclerosis, ankylosing spondylitis (latest reports from 23,079 Infusion related reaction patients).
Browse all side effects of Elmirona b c d e f g h i j k l m n o p q r s t u v w x y z
Drugs that are associated with Infusion related reactionInfusion related reaction
Could your condition cause Infusion related reactionInfusion related reaction
What would happen?
Can you answer these questions?
You may be interested in these reviews
I have been taking Elmiron for 3 weeks now and I have such severe joint /muscle pain. I have been diagnosed with fibromyalgia long before IC but never in my life felt like this. The pain is head to toe.
Hi! I just started taking this medication today. It's Wednesday and over the weekend I made a horrendous move clearing out a house I inherited. I also will be receiving 2 new dogs (rescue) in about a week. I know I have an enormous amount on my plate but my mind is doing flip flops. I just can't ...
Hi, I'm Mike, I'm 66 and need to do something about right hip and knee. As a horse trainer I've used pentosan injections on my horses for years with good results - was wondering if there's an official way for me to get it for myself.
Hi, I am 73, have had GERD for more than 10 years . It has been kept under control by Rabeprazole. I have had IC for 2 years, took Elmira for about 7months and stopped taking it because I saw no results. The IC has gotten worse, I now get bladder instillations and my doctor put me back on ...
Hi I have been taking Elmiron for about 17 years for IC with great results. Last few years I started getting a rash around my eyes and went to allergists and dermatologists but it got worse recently do my allergist did blood work and found that I had slight hypothyroidism. So I started taking ...