Review: could Elmiron cause Infusion related reaction?
Summary: Infusion related reaction is found among people who take Elmiron, especially for people who are female, 40-49 old, also take medication Remicade, and have Crohn's disease.
We study 1,874 people who have side effects while taking Elmiron from FDA and social media. Among them, 7 have Infusion related reaction. Find out below who they are, when they have Infusion related reaction and more.
You are not alone: join a support group for people who take Elmiron and have Infusion related reaction >>>
Elmiron has active ingredients of pentosan polysulfate sodium. It is often used in interstitial cystitis (ic). (latest outcomes from 1,991 Elmiron users)
Infusion related reaction
Infusion related reaction has been reported by people with crohn's disease, rheumatoid arthritis, premedication, multiple sclerosis, ulcerative colitis. (latest reports from 12,790 Infusion related reaction patients)
On Apr, 6, 2015: 1,874 people reported to have side effects when taking Elmiron. Among them, 7 people (0.37%) have Infusion Related Reaction.
Time on Elmiron when people have Infusion related reaction * :
Gender of people who have Infusion related reaction when taking Elmiron * :
|Infusion related reaction||100.00%||0.00% |
Age of people who have Infusion related reaction when taking Elmiron * :
|Infusion related reaction||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||16.67%||83.33%||0.00%||0.00% |
Severity of Infusion related reaction when taking Elmiron ** :
How people recovered from Infusion related reaction ** :
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Crohn's disease (5 people, 71.43%)
- Rheumatoid arthritis (4 people, 57.14%)
- Colitis ulcerative (4 people, 57.14%)
- Hormone replacement therapy (4 people, 57.14%)
- Cystitis interstitial (4 people, 57.14%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Remicade (5 people, 71.43%)
- Lexapro (4 people, 57.14%)
- Asacol (4 people, 57.14%)
- Estrogenic substance (4 people, 57.14%)
- Unspecified crohn's disease therapy (4 people, 57.14%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Get connected: join our support group of elmiron and infusion related reaction on
Do you have Infusion Related Reaction while taking Elmiron?
You are not alone! Join a support group on :
- support group for people who take Elmiron and have Infusion Related Reaction
- support group for people who take Elmiron
- support group for people who have Infusion Related Reaction
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause:
- A study of drug interactions between Elmiron, Cyproheptadine Hydrochloride, Ibuprofen, Zantac, Omeprazole, Gildess Fe 1/20, Plaquenil, Propranolol Hydrochloride, Prazosin Hydrochloride, Wellbutrin Xl, Celexa, Provigil for a 37-year old woman with Interstitial Cystitis (IC), Hives, Joint Pain, Gerd, Menstruation Irregular, Lupus, Anxiety, Nightmare, Depression. The patient has Weight Gain
- A study of drug interactions between Elmiron, Cyproheptadine Hydrochloride, Junel Fe 1/20, Zantac, Omeprazole, Ibuprofen, Plaquenil, Prazosin Hydrochloride, Propranolol Hydrochloride, Wellbutrin Xl, Celexa, Modafinil for a 37-year old woman with Interstitial Cystitis (ic), Hives, Menstruation Irregular, Gerd, Joint Pain, Lupus, Nightmare, Anxiety Disorder, Depression, Energy Increased. The patient has Frequent Headaches, Weight Gain
- A study of side effects of Elmiron for a 8-year old girl with Interstitial Cystitis (IC). The patient has Heart Palpitations
- A study of drug interactions between Trazodone Hydrochloride, Metformin, Vivitrol, Montelukast Sodium, Nitrofurantoin Macrocrystalline, Amlodipine Besylate, Eszopiclone, Hydrochlorothiazide, Baclofen, Savella, Levothyroxine Thyroid, Hydroxyzine, Myrbetriq, Elmiron, Dexilant, Ranitidine, Namenda, Synthroid for a 59-year old man with Sleep Disorder Due To General Medical Condition, Insomnia Type, Diabetes, Rsd, Allergy, Acute Bladder Infection, Spasm Of The Esophagus, Edema, Spasmodic Bladder, Thyroid Disorder, Pelvic Inflammatory Disease, Frequent Or Urgent Urination, Pelvic Pain Syndrome, Gurcha. The patient has Hair Loss
- A study of side effects of Elmiron for a 38-year old woman with Bladder Discomfort. The patient has Palpitations
Recent Elmiron related drug comparison:
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.