Review: could Elmiron cause Infusion related reaction?
Summary: Infusion related reaction is found among people who take Elmiron, especially for people who are female, 40-49 old, also take medication Remicade, and have Crohn's disease.
We study 1,870 people who have side effects while taking Elmiron from FDA and social media. Among them, 7 have Infusion related reaction. Find out below who they are, when they have Infusion related reaction and more.
You are not alone: join a mobile support group for people who take Elmiron and have Infusion related reaction >>>
Elmiron has active ingredients of pentosan polysulfate sodium. It is often used in interstitial cystitis (ic). (latest outcomes from Elmiron 1,989 users)
Infusion related reaction
Infusion related reaction has been reported by people with crohn's disease, rheumatoid arthritis, premedication, multiple sclerosis, ulcerative colitis.(latest reports from Infusion related reaction 12,790 patients)
On Nov, 27, 2014: 1,870 people reported to have side effects when taking Elmiron. Among them, 7 people (0.37%) have Infusion Related Reaction.
Time on Elmiron when people have Infusion related reaction * :
Gender of people who have Infusion related reaction when taking Elmiron * :
|Infusion related reaction||100.00%||0.00% |
Age of people who have Infusion related reaction when taking Elmiron * :
|Infusion related reaction||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||16.67%||83.33%||0.00%||0.00% |
Severity of Infusion related reaction when taking Elmiron ** :
How people recovered from Infusion related reaction ** :
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Crohn's disease (5 people, 71.43%)
- Rheumatoid arthritis (4 people, 57.14%)
- Colitis ulcerative (4 people, 57.14%)
- Hormone replacement therapy (4 people, 57.14%)
- Cystitis interstitial (4 people, 57.14%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Remicade (5 people, 71.43%)
- Lexapro (4 people, 57.14%)
- Asacol (4 people, 57.14%)
- Estrogenic substance (4 people, 57.14%)
- Unspecified crohn's disease therapy (4 people, 57.14%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Do you have Infusion Related Reaction while taking Elmiron?
You are not alone! Join a mobile support group:
- support group for people who take Elmiron and have Infusion Related Reaction
- support group for people who take Elmiron
- support group for people who have Infusion Related Reaction
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause:
Can you answer these questions (Ask a question):
More questions for: Elmiron, Infusion related reaction
More reviews for: Elmiron, Infusion related reaction
- A study of drug interactions between Wellbutrin, Lamictal, Buspar, Cymbalta, Atorvastatin Calcium, Potassium Chloride, Bumex, Hydroxychloroquine Sulfate, Prednisone, Topamax, Elmiron, Aloe Vera, Alpha - Lipoic Acid, Testosterone Enanthate And Estradiol Valerate, Lidocaine Hydrochloride, Vitamin D, Omega 3, Omega 6, Omega-9 Fatty Acids, Dilaudid, Exalgo, Valium for a patient with Depression, Mood Stabilizer, Anxiety, Hyperlipidemia, Potassium - Low, Edema - Peripheral, Peripheral Edema, Connective Tissue Disorder, Swelling, Migraine Prophylaxis, Interstitial Cystitis (ic), Peripheral Nerve Injury, Blood Testosterone Abnormal, Vulvodynia, Chronic Pain, Vaginal Spasms. The patient has Serotonin Syndrome, Acute Polyneuropathy, Autoimmune Disorder, Edema - Peripheral, Peripheral Edema
Comments: I was in a MVA 2 1/2 years ago, I was an RN and was left unable to work. 3 months after the MVA I underwent a Hysterectomy found 4th grade Endometriosis with Adhesions. Only able to remove uterus, cervix is stuck to bowel unable to remove both ovaries retained. Underwent 2 rounds of 6 months each ...
- A study of drug interactions between Aloe Vera, Alpha - Lipoic Acid, Dilaudid, Exalgo, Cymbalta, Lamictal, Buspar, Wellbutrin, Topamax, Hydroxychloroquine Sulfate, Prednisone, Lipitor, Bumex, Potassium Chloride, Elmiron for a patient with Nerve Damage - Diabetic, Nerve Injury, Chronic Pain, Depression, Mood Swings, Anxiety, Migraine Prophylaxis, Connective Tissue Disorder, Inflammatory Response, Hyperlipidemia, Edema - Peripheral, Peripheral Edema, Potassium - Low, Interstitial Cystitis (ic). The patient has Serotonin Syndrome, Myoclonus
Comments: depression and anxiety x 12 years genetic. Migraines x 15 years genetic, Hyperlipidemia x7 years changed to lipitor from crestor due to peripheral neuropathy from taking plaquenil and crestor together, lipitor will do the same?? MVA january 2011, diagnosed with grade 4 endometriosis w/adhesions Mar ...
- A study of drug interactions between Butrans, Nucynta, Levoxyl, Advair Diskus 250/50, Singulair, Clarinex-d 12 Hour, Protonix, Mobic, Zocor, Elmiron, Fosamax, Patanol, Flonase, Multivitamin, Lutein, Lactobacillus, Flaxseed Oil, Glucosamine, Calcium for a patient with Pain, Breakthrough Pain, Hypothyroidism, Asthma Late Onset, Asthma, Nasal Congestion, Stomach Flu, Swelling Of Fingers, High Blood Cholesterol, Interstitial Cystitis (ic), Osteoporosis Postmenopausal, Allergies, Rhinitis Allergic, Vitamin Supplementation, Mineral Supplementation, Irritable Bowel Syndrome, Aging Changes In The Bones - Muscles - Joints, Supplementation Therapy. The patient has Forgetfulness, Painful Response To Normal Stimuli, Pancreatitis Chronic, Pain In Limb, Pain In Jaw, Sleep Inertia
Comments: Since taking Tramadol, then nucynta, and finally butrans leg pain developed and increased with each med change. My hip pain increased as did interruption in my sleep. I am more noise and light intolerant.
- A study of drug interactions between Elmiron, Feldene for a patient with Cystitis Interstitial, Arthritis. The patient has Joint Sprain
Comments: Following arthroscopic knee surgery I was healing fine, felt little to no pain soon afterwards. Surgeon put me on feldene for the arthritis the same day my GP put me on elmiron and peridium for intestial cystic. My knee was healing fine almost no pain and was starting physical therapy to get it bui ...
- A study of drug interactions between Elmiron, Diclofenac Sodium for a patient with Inflammation, Arthritis.
Comments: Elmiron helps considerably with neck pain
Diclofenac helps lower back pain
Currently alternating dosage: Elmiron 11 am and 11 pm
Diclofenac 7.30 am and 7.30 pm
More related studies for: Elmiron, Infusion related reaction
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.