Review: could Enalapril maleate cause Dry mouth?
Summary: Dry mouth is found among people who take Enalapril maleate, especially for people who are female, 60+ old, have been taking the drug for 2 - 5 years, also take medication Aspirin, and have High blood pressure.
We study 25,429 people who have side effects while taking Enalapril maleate from FDA and social media. Among them, 136 have Dry mouth. Find out below who they are, when they have Dry mouth and more.
You are not alone: join a support group for people who take Enalapril maleate and have Dry mouth >>>
Enalapril maleate has active ingredients of enalapril maleate. It is often used in high blood pressure. (latest outcomes from 25,806 Enalapril maleate users)
Dry mouth has been reported by people with depression, high blood pressure, chronic obstructive pulmonary disease, osteoporosis, high blood cholesterol. (latest reports from 30,856 Dry mouth patients)
On Apr, 3, 2015: 25,429 people reported to have side effects when taking Enalapril maleate. Among them, 136 people (0.53%) have Dry Mouth.
Time on Enalapril maleate when people have Dry mouth * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years |
|Dry mouth||28.57%||14.29%||0.00%||0.00%||28.57%||14.29%||14.29% |
Gender of people who have Dry mouth when taking Enalapril maleate * :
|Dry mouth||57.25%||42.75% |
Age of people who have Dry mouth when taking Enalapril maleate * :
|Dry mouth||0.00%||0.00%||0.86%||1.72%||4.31%||18.97%||18.97%||55.17% |
Severity of Dry mouth when taking Enalapril maleate ** :
|least||moderate||severe||most severe |
|Dry mouth||0.00%||50.00%||50.00%||0.00% |
How people recovered from Dry mouth ** :
|while on the drug||after off the drug||not yet |
|Dry mouth||0.00%||0.00%||100.00% |
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Hypertension (38 people, 27.94%)
- Cardiac disorder (11 people, 8.09%)
- Depression (10 people, 7.35%)
- Rheumatoid arthritis (9 people, 6.62%)
- Arrhythmia (9 people, 6.62%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Aspirin (28 people, 20.59%)
- Omeprazole (18 people, 13.24%)
- Hydrochlorothiazide (17 people, 12.50%)
- Simvastatin (15 people, 11.03%)
- Methotrexate (13 people, 9.56%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Get connected: join our support group of enalapril maleate and dry mouth on
Do you have Dry Mouth while taking Enalapril Maleate?
You are not alone! Join a support group on :
- support group for people who take Enalapril maleate and have Dry Mouth
- support group for people who take Enalapril maleate
- support group for people who have Dry Mouth
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause:
- A study of drug interactions between Ambien, Aspirin, Fish Oil, Celexa, Enalapril Maleate, Metoprolol Tartrate, Adderall 30, Plavix, Imdur for a 71-year old man with Insomnia, High Blood Pressure, High Blood Cholesterol, Depression, Adhd, Angina - Unstable. The patient has Irritability, Exhaustion, Fatigue, Lethargy, Tiredness, Weariness, Teeth Brittle
- A study of drug interactions between Xanax, Amlodipine, Enalapril Maleate, Simvastatin, Wellbutrin, Oxycodone And Acetaminophen for a 64-year old woman with Stress And Anxiety, High Blood Pressure, High Blood Cholesterol, Depression, Pain - Back. The patient has Depression
- A study of drug interactions between Amlodipine, Enalapril Maleate, Atripla for a 43-year old man with Hypertensive Heart Disease, Hiv Infection Cdc Category C3. The patient has Chest Pain, Night Sweats, Abdominal Bloating
- A study of side effects of Augmentin '875' for a 29-year old woman with Sinusitis. The patient has Dry Mouth
- A study of drug interactions between Vitamin D, Vasotec, Crestor for a 52-year old man with IgA Deficiency, Blood Pressure, High Blood Cholesterol. The patient has High Blood Pressure
Recent Enalapril maleate related drug comparison:
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.