Review: could Enalapril maleate cause Dry mouth?
Summary: Dry mouth is found among people who take Enalapril maleate, especially for people who are female, 60+ old, have been taking the drug for 2 - 5 years, also take medication Aspirin, and have High blood pressure.
We study 25,427 people who have side effects while taking Enalapril maleate from FDA and social media. Among them, 136 have Dry mouth. Find out below who they are, when they have Dry mouth and more.
You are not alone: join a support group for people who take Enalapril maleate and have Dry mouth >>>
Enalapril maleate has active ingredients of enalapril maleate. It is often used in high blood pressure. (latest outcomes from 25,806 Enalapril maleate users)
Dry mouth has been reported by people with depression, high blood pressure, chronic obstructive pulmonary disease, osteoporosis, high blood cholesterol. (latest reports from 30,856 Dry mouth patients)
On Mar, 2, 2015: 25,427 people reported to have side effects when taking Enalapril maleate. Among them, 136 people (0.53%) have Dry Mouth.
Time on Enalapril maleate when people have Dry mouth * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years |
|Dry mouth||28.57%||14.29%||0.00%||0.00%||28.57%||14.29%||14.29% |
Gender of people who have Dry mouth when taking Enalapril maleate * :
|Dry mouth||57.25%||42.75% |
Age of people who have Dry mouth when taking Enalapril maleate * :
|Dry mouth||0.00%||0.00%||0.86%||1.72%||4.31%||18.97%||18.97%||55.17% |
Severity of Dry mouth when taking Enalapril maleate ** :
|least||moderate||severe||most severe |
|Dry mouth||0.00%||50.00%||50.00%||0.00% |
How people recovered from Dry mouth ** :
|while on the drug||after off the drug||not yet |
|Dry mouth||0.00%||0.00%||100.00% |
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Hypertension (38 people, 27.94%)
- Cardiac disorder (11 people, 8.09%)
- Depression (10 people, 7.35%)
- Rheumatoid arthritis (9 people, 6.62%)
- Arrhythmia (9 people, 6.62%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Aspirin (28 people, 20.59%)
- Omeprazole (18 people, 13.24%)
- Hydrochlorothiazide (17 people, 12.50%)
- Simvastatin (15 people, 11.03%)
- Methotrexate (13 people, 9.56%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Get connected: join our support group of enalapril maleate and dry mouth on
Do you have Dry Mouth while taking Enalapril Maleate?
You are not alone! Join a mobile support group on :
- support group for people who take Enalapril maleate and have Dry Mouth
- support group for people who take Enalapril maleate
- support group for people who have Dry Mouth
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause:
- A study of drug interactions between Vitamin B12, Ferrous Citrate Fe 59, Amitriptyline Hydrochloride for a 22-year old woman with Anemia, Anaemia, Depression. The patient has Mettalic Taste In Mouth, Dry Mouth
- A study of drug interactions between Fish Oil, Omeprazole, Gemfibrozil, Enalapril Maleate, Simvastatin, Hydrochlorothiazide for a 55-year old man with Blood Triglycerides Abnormal, Barrett's Oesophagus, High Blood Cholesterol And Triglycerides, High Blood Pressure, High Blood Cholesterol. The patient has High Blood Sugar
- A study of side effects of Enalapril Maleate for a 42-year old woman with Alport's Syndrome. The patient has Back Pain
- A study of side effects of Lithium Carbonate for a 67-year old woman with Bipolar Disorder. The patient has Hypothyroidism (abnormally low activity of the thyroid gland, resulting in retardation of growth and mental development), Dry Mouth, Weight Gain, Sleepiness - During The Day (excess sleeping during day time)
- A study of side effects of Topiramate for a 43-year old woman with Migraine With Aura. The patient has Dizziness, Burning Sensation, Feeling Cold, Dry Mouth, Hyperthermia (body temperature greatly above normal), Hair Texture Abnormal, Hair Loss
Recent Enalapril maleate related drug comparison:
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.