Review: could Enalapril maleate cause Hoarseness or changing voice?
Summary: Hoarseness or changing voice is found among people who take Enalapril maleate, especially for people who are male, 60+ old, have been taking the drug for 1 - 6 months, also take medication Ranitidine, and have High blood pressure.
We study 25,427 people who have side effects while taking Enalapril maleate from FDA and social media. Among them, 123 have Hoarseness or changing voice. Find out below who they are, when they have Hoarseness or changing voice and more.
You are not alone: join a support group for people who take Enalapril maleate and have Hoarseness or changing voice >>>
Enalapril maleate has active ingredients of enalapril maleate. It is often used in high blood pressure. (latest outcomes from 25,806 Enalapril maleate users)
Hoarseness or changing voice
Hoarseness or changing voice has been reported by people with asthma, chronic obstructive pulmonary disease, high blood pressure, osteoporosis, rheumatoid arthritis. (latest reports from 14,358 Hoarseness or changing voice patients)
On Mar, 29, 2015: 25,427 people reported to have side effects when taking Enalapril maleate. Among them, 123 people (0.48%) have Hoarseness Or Changing Voice.
Time on Enalapril maleate when people have Hoarseness or changing voice * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years |
|Hoarseness or changing voice||16.67%||83.33%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00% |
Gender of people who have Hoarseness or changing voice when taking Enalapril maleate * :
|Hoarseness or changing voice||43.75%||56.25% |
Age of people who have Hoarseness or changing voice when taking Enalapril maleate * :
|Hoarseness or changing voice||0.00%||0.87%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||26.09%||17.39%||55.65% |
Severity of Hoarseness or changing voice when taking Enalapril maleate ** :
How people recovered from Hoarseness or changing voice ** :
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Hypertension (51 people, 41.46%)
- Asthma (31 people, 25.20%)
- Nervous system disorder (22 people, 17.89%)
- Cardiomegaly (21 people, 17.07%)
- Cerebral disorder (21 people, 17.07%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Ranitidine (34 people, 27.64%)
- Aspirin (30 people, 24.39%)
- Hydrochlorothiazide (27 people, 21.95%)
- Captopril (23 people, 18.70%)
- Aldactone (22 people, 17.89%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Do you have Hoarseness Or Changing Voice while taking Enalapril Maleate?
You are not alone! Join a mobile support group on :
- support group for people who take Enalapril maleate and have Hoarseness Or Changing Voice
- support group for people who take Enalapril maleate
- support group for people who have Hoarseness Or Changing Voice
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause:
- A study of side effects of Enalapril Maleate for a 42-year old woman with Alport's Syndrome. The patient has Back Pain
- A study of side effects of Rituxan for a 62-year old woman with Rheumatoid Arthritis. The patient has Loss Of Voice
- A study of drug interactions between Lorazepam, Enalapril Maleate, Seroquel for a 55-year old woman with Adjustment Disorder With Mixed Anxiety And Depressed Mood, Hypertension, Anxiety Disorder. The patient has Burning Sensation, Intestinal Opening
- A study of side effects of Enalapril Maleate for a 45-year old man with Reflux Esophagitis. The patient has Reflux Esophagitis (an oesophageal mucosal injury that occurs of gastric contents into the oesophagus)
- A study of drug interactions between Claritin, Gemfibrozil, Citalopram Hydrobromide, Daytrana, Synthroid for a 36-year old man with Allergic Sinusitis, High Blood Cholesterol And Triglycerides, Anxiety And Stress, Adhd, Hypothyroidism. The patient has Hoarseness Or Changing Voice, Eczema, Dizziness, Burning Eyes, Bowel Sounds, Insomnia, Tiredness, Upset Stomach
Recent Enalapril maleate related drug comparison:
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.