Review: could Enalapril maleate cause Hyperlipidemia (High Blood Cholesterol)?
Summary: Hyperlipidemia is found among people who take Enalapril maleate, especially for people who are female, 60+ old, have been taking the drug for 2 - 5 years, also take medication Aspirin, and have High blood pressure.
We study 25,429 people who have side effects while taking Enalapril maleate from FDA and social media. Among them, 329 have Hyperlipidemia. Find out below who they are, when they have Hyperlipidemia and more.
You are not alone: join a support group for people who take Enalapril maleate and have Hyperlipidemia >>>
Enalapril maleate has active ingredients of enalapril maleate. It is often used in high blood pressure. (latest outcomes from 25,809 Enalapril maleate users)
Hyperlipidemia (presence of excess lipids in the blood) has been reported by people with high blood cholesterol, osteoporosis, high blood pressure, depression, osteopenia. (latest reports from 172,048 Hyperlipidemia patients)
On Apr, 4, 2015: 25,429 people reported to have side effects when taking Enalapril maleate. Among them, 329 people (1.29%) have Hyperlipidemia.
Time on Enalapril maleate when people have Hyperlipidemia * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years |
Gender of people who have Hyperlipidemia when taking Enalapril maleate * :
Age of people who have Hyperlipidemia when taking Enalapril maleate * :
Severity of Hyperlipidemia when taking Enalapril maleate ** :
|least||moderate||severe||most severe |
How people recovered from Hyperlipidemia ** :
|while on the drug||after off the drug||not yet |
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Hypertension (98 people, 29.79%)
- Blood cholesterol increased (49 people, 14.89%)
- Depression (37 people, 11.25%)
- Bipolar disorder (29 people, 8.81%)
- Rheumatoid arthritis (28 people, 8.51%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Aspirin (117 people, 35.56%)
- Hydrochlorothiazide (82 people, 24.92%)
- Lipitor (77 people, 23.40%)
- Simvastatin (55 people, 16.72%)
- Seroquel (49 people, 14.89%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Do you have Hyperlipidemia while taking Enalapril Maleate?
You are not alone! Join a support group on :
- support group for people who take Enalapril maleate and have Hyperlipidemia
- support group for people who take Enalapril maleate
- support group for people who have Hyperlipidemia
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause:
- A study of drug interactions between Turmeric, Magnesium, Losartan, Klor-con M20, Furosemide, Metoprolol Tartrate for a 49-year old man with Heart Mri, Chf, High Blood Pressure. The patient has Blood Triglycerides
- A study of side effects of VASOTEC for a 93-year old man with Heart Failure. The patient has Hallucinations
- A study of drug interactions between Venlafaxine Hydrochloride, Adderall 20, Lyrica for a 53-year old woman with Depression, Fatigue - Chronic, Fibromyalgia. The patient has Vertigo, Itching, Burning Sensation, Nasal Dryness, Bursitis, Chest Pain, Restless Legs Syndrome, High Blood Cholesterol And Triglycerides, Weight Gain, Breathing-related Sleep Disorder, Sleep Apnoea Syndrome, Mouth Dry Aggravated, Eyes - Dry, Recurrent Leg Pain And Cramping, Weakness, Hands - Chapped And Dry, Glaucoma, Pain In Jaw, Headache, Pain - Eye, Vision Problems, Numbness In Hands Or Feet, Hair Loss, Pain Exacerbated
- A study of drug interactions between Fish Oil, Omeprazole, Gemfibrozil, Enalapril Maleate, Simvastatin, Hydrochlorothiazide for a 55-year old man with Blood Triglycerides Abnormal, Barrett's Oesophagus, High Blood Cholesterol And Triglycerides, High Blood Pressure, High Blood Cholesterol. The patient has High Blood Sugar
- A study of side effects of Enalapril Maleate for a 42-year old woman with Alport's Syndrome. The patient has Back Pain
Recent Enalapril maleate related drug comparison:
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.