Review: could Enalapril maleate cause Irregular heart beat (Heart Rate Irregular)?
Summary: Irregular heart beat is found among people who take Enalapril maleate, especially for people who are male, 60+ old, have been taking the drug for 1 - 2 years, also take medication Digoxin, and have High blood pressure.
We study 25,427 people who have side effects while taking Enalapril maleate from FDA and social media. Among them, 97 have Irregular heart beat. Find out below who they are, when they have Irregular heart beat and more.
You are not alone: join a mobile support group for people who take Enalapril maleate and have Irregular heart beat >>>
Enalapril maleate has active ingredients of enalapril maleate. It is often used in high blood pressure. (latest outcomes from 25,804 Enalapril maleate users)
Irregular heart beat
Irregular heart beat has been reported by people with high blood pressure, osteoporosis, pain, high blood cholesterol, depression. (latest reports from 15,711 Irregular heart beat patients)
On Feb, 5, 2015: 25,425 people reported to have side effects when taking Enalapril maleate. Among them, 94 people (0.37%) have Irregular Heart Beat.
Time on Enalapril maleate when people have Irregular heart beat * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years |
|Irregular heart beat||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||50.00%||0.00%||0.00%||50.00% |
Gender of people who have Irregular heart beat when taking Enalapril maleate * :
|Irregular heart beat||46.73%||53.27% |
Age of people who have Irregular heart beat when taking Enalapril maleate * :
|Irregular heart beat||0.00%||0.00%||1.14%||0.00%||0.00%||9.09%||19.32%||70.45% |
Severity of Irregular heart beat when taking Enalapril maleate ** :
|least||moderate||severe||most severe |
|Irregular heart beat||0.00%||33.33%||66.67%||0.00% |
How people recovered from Irregular heart beat ** :
|while on the drug||after off the drug||not yet |
|Irregular heart beat||0.00%||0.00%||100.00% |
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Hypertension (19 people, 20.21%)
- Cardiac disorder (11 people, 11.70%)
- Diabetes mellitus (9 people, 9.57%)
- Atrial fibrillation (5 people, 5.32%)
- Blood cholesterol increased (4 people, 4.26%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Digoxin (42 people, 44.68%)
- Aspirin (35 people, 37.23%)
- Coumadin (23 people, 24.47%)
- Lipitor (22 people, 23.40%)
- Furosemide (18 people, 19.15%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Do you have Irregular Heart Beat while taking Enalapril Maleate?
You are not alone! Join a mobile support group:
- support group for people who take Enalapril maleate and have Irregular Heart Beat
- support group for people who take Enalapril maleate
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause:
- A study of drug interactions between Lorazepam, Enalapril Maleate, Seroquel for a 55-year old woman with Adjustment Disorder With Mixed Anxiety And Depressed Mood, Hypertension, Anxiety Disorder. The patient has Burning Sensation, Intestinal Opening
- A study of side effects of Enalapril Maleate for a 45-year old man with Reflux Esophagitis. The patient has Reflux Esophagitis (an oesophageal mucosal injury that occurs of gastric contents into the oesophagus)
- A study of side effects of Enalapril Maleate for a 82-year old man with Dilated Cardiomyopathy. The patient has Diarrhoea
- A study of drug interactions between Multivitamin, B-12, Aspirin, Fish Oil, Propranolol Hydrochloride, Enalapril Maleate, Lipitor, Prozac, Trazodone Hydrochloride, Mirtazapine, Diazepam for a 64-year old man with Fatigue, Heart Disease - Aging, High Blood Cholesterol And Triglycerides, Rapid Heart Beat, Hypertension, Blood Cholesterol Abnormal, Depression, Insomnia, Anxiety. The patient has Ptsd, Chronic Depression, Panic Attacks, Anxiety, Apprehension, Feeling Uptight, Jitters, Stress, Stress And Anxiety, Tension
- A study of drug interactions between Cartia Xt, Disopyramide Phosphate for a 54-year old woman with Atrial Fibrillation. The patient has Heart Rate Irregular
Recent Enalapril maleate related drug comparison:
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.