Home > Enbrel > Back pain > Enbrel and Back pain
Review: could Enbrel cause Back pain?
We study 174,947 people who have side effects while taking Enbrel from FDA and social media. Among them, 2,704 have Back pain. Find out below who they are, when they have Back pain and more.
Get connected: join a mobile support group for people who take Enbrel and have Back pain >>>
Enbrel (latest outcomes from 175,503 users) has active ingredients of etanercept. It is often used in rheumatoid arthritis.
Back pain (latest reports from 677,161 patients) has been reported by people with osteoporosis, multiple sclerosis, high blood pressure, pain, rheumatoid arthritis.
On Sep, 12, 2014: 174,937 people reported to have side effects when taking Enbrel. Among them, 2,704 people (1.55%) have Back Pain.
Time on Enbrel when people have Back pain * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years |
|Back pain||14.95%||26.74%||11.37%||11.37%||19.37%||13.68%||2.53% |
Gender of people who have Back pain when taking Enbrel * :
|Back pain||73.67%||26.33% |
Age of people who have Back pain when taking Enbrel * :
|Back pain||0.05%||0.18%||1.75%||3.87%||8.84%||16.08%||29.43%||39.80% |
Severity of Back pain when taking Enbrel ** :
|least||moderate||severe||most severe |
|Back pain||0.00%||100.00%||0.00%||0.00% |
How people recovered from Back pain ** :
|while on the drug||after off the drug||not yet |
|Back pain||0.00%||0.00%||100.00% |
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Rheumatoid arthritis (1,559 people, 57.66%)
- Psoriasis (706 people, 26.11%)
- Psoriatic arthropathy (620 people, 22.93%)
- Ankylosing spondylitis (411 people, 15.20%)
- Osteoarthritis (56 people, 2.07%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Methotrexate (551 people, 20.38%)
- Prednisone (183 people, 6.77%)
- Folic acid (167 people, 6.18%)
- Omeprazole (97 people, 3.59%)
- Plaquenil (85 people, 3.14%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Do you have Back Pain while taking Enbrel?
Get connected! Join a mobile support group:
- group for people who take Enbrel and have Back Pain
- group for people who take Enbrel
- group for people who have Back Pain
Comments from related studies:
From this study (3 days ago):
I recently quit taking all meds due to loss of insurance coverage. I have been having symptoms for a week that seem to only get worse
From this study (6 days ago):
I also have been having greasy stools. I never took any of the above listed medications together. I was allergic to both lamictal and risperidone. The stomach pain is localized to the upper left quadrant of my stomach, and hurts when I push where my pancreas is. The pain is made worse after eating or drinking coffee.
From this study (2 weeks ago):
Started Enbrel on Friday! Last two days I have very bad eye inflammation and blurry vision with headaches. Could this be a reaction to Enbrel?
Post a new comment OR Read more comments
Can you answer these questions (what is this?):
More questions for: Enbrel, Back pain
You may be interested at these reviews (what is this?):
- Losartan cause deep vein thrombosis
have had two knee surgeries ,a lumbar decompression, after this three surgeries start taken Losartan potassium and two months later have had a lumbar fusion after this I suffered a Deep Vein Thrombosis, continues taken Losartan for more of year and half, I notice is a bad combination when my ...
- Vasculitis from enbrel
I have deep scars on my legs from vasculitis. This was caused by Enbrel. Initially no one would connect the two: per my rheumatologist 'no one has ever reported vasculitis as a side effect of enbrel.' (2003)
I had to suspend the enbrel for 8 weeks in preparation for complex abdominal surgery. The ...
- Side effects enbrel developed viral vestibular neuritis
Was on Enbrel 14 years. 10/31/13 Had been hospitalized 7 days severe Viral Vestibular Neuritis. Was given high dose steroids Iv developed Afib as result steroids. On Valtrex 500mg Tid for 1 year. No more Enbrel
More reviews for: Enbrel, Back pain
On eHealthMe, Enbrel (etanercept) is often used for rheumatoid arthritis. Find out below the conditions Enbrel is used for, how effective it is, and any alternative drugs that you can use to treat those same conditions.
What is Enbrel used for and how effective is it:
Other drugs that are used to treat the same conditions:
Could it be a symptom from a condition:
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause it?
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.
44 million health professionals and patients have studied on eHealthMe. Recent studies:
- Sertraline, Hydrocodone Bitartrate And Acetaminophen, Lisinopril for a 68-year old man who has Depression, Pain, Blood Pressure Increased (60 seconds ago)
- Alendronate Sodium, Sertraline, Gabapentin, Metoprolol Tartrate for a 76-year old woman who has Bone Density Decreased, Depression, Fibromyalgia, A Fib (6 minutes ago)
- Ibuprofen, Tramadol, Prazosin Hydrochloride, Simvastatin, Cyclobenzaprine Hydrochloride, Nabumetone, Mirtazapine for a 36-year old man who has Inflammation Localised, Pain, Nightmares, Hyperlipidemia, Muscle Spasms, Pain - Bones, Depression (6 minutes ago)
Recent mobile support groups
- Primary Biliary Cirrhosis
- Fibromyalgia and Hyponatraemia
- Hair Loss and Gabapentin
- Arthritis - Osteoarthritis and Keppra
Recent user comments
- "Acute onset. August LFT's normal, Mirtazapine added S ... " (9 minutes ago)
- "also prescribed levothyroxine sodium but had to take ... " (58 minutes ago)
- "also prescribed synthroid but had to take self off. b ... " (60 minutes ago)
- Breast Enlargement
- Nausea And Vomiting
- Glomerulonephritis Pulmonary Hemorrhage