Enbrel and Back pain - from FDA reports
Back pain is found among people who take Enbrel, especially for people who are female, 60+ old , have been taking the drug for 1 - 6 months, also take medication Methotrexate, and have Psoriatic arthropathy. This review analyzes which people have Back pain with Enbrel. It is created by eHealthMe based on reports of 423,830 people who have side effects when taking Enbrel from FDA , and is updated regularly.
What to expect?
You are not alone!
Personalized health information
On eHealthMe you can find out what patients like me (same gender, age) reported their drugs and conditions on FDA since 1977. Our tools are simple to use, anonymous and free. Start now >>>
On Sep, 21, 2017
423,830 people reported to have side effects when taking Enbrel.
Among them, 8,143 people (1.92%) have Back pain
Number of reports submitted per year:
Time on Enbrel when people have Back pain *:
- < 1 month: 11.13 %
- 1 - 6 months: 30.5 %
- 6 - 12 months: 12.53 %
- 1 - 2 years: 11.6 %
- 2 - 5 years: 16.69 %
- 5 - 10 years: 11.93 %
- 10+ years: 5.63 %
Gender of people who have Back pain when taking Enbrel *:
- female: 72.09 %
- male: 27.91 %
Age of people who have Back pain when taking Enbrel *:
- 0-1: 0.04 %
- 2-9: 0.16 %
- 10-19: 1.95 %
- 20-29: 3.48 %
- 30-39: 8.17 %
- 40-49: 16.45 %
- 50-59: 30.62 %
- 60+: 39.13 %
Top conditions involved for these people *:
- Psoriatic Arthropathy (1,421 people, 17.45%)
- Ankylosing Spondylitis (1,321 people, 16.22%)
- Pain (126 people, 1.55%)
- High Blood Pressure (81 people, 0.99%)
- Osteoporosis (71 people, 0.87%)
Top co-used drugs for these people *:
- Methotrexate (1,028 people, 12.62%)
- Humira (270 people, 3.32%)
- Prednisone (245 people, 3.01%)
- Folic Acid (207 people, 2.54%)
- Arava (197 people, 2.42%)
Top other side effects for these people *:
- Joint Pain (2,946 people, 36.18%)
- Pain In Extremity (2,248 people, 27.61%)
- Pain (1,261 people, 15.49%)
- Musculoskeletal Pain (948 people, 11.64%)
- Injection Site Pain (870 people, 10.68%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Subscribe to the study: get notified of updates to the study.
Do you have Back pain when taking Enbrel?
- Check symptoms - is back pain caused by a drug or a condition?
- Get alerts to symptoms - forecast your symptoms and get alerts
- Join related support groups - you are not alone, join a support group on ehealth.me
- Report the side effect - help people in need and in real time
- Ask a question - ask a question related to the study
- write a review - share your experience related to the study
- More tools...
Expand the study to include all drugs with the same ingredientsBack pain and drugs with ingredients of etanercept.
Expand the study to include reports from both FDA and eHealthMeBack pain and Enbrel from FDA and eHealthMe reports
Enbrel has active ingredients of etanercept. It is often used in rheumatoid arthritis. (latest outcomes from Enbrel 425,310 users)
Back pain has been reported by people with osteoporosis, rheumatoid arthritis, multiple sclerosis, pain, high blood pressure (latest reports from 189,656 Back pain patients).
Browse all side effects of Enbrela b c d e f g h i j k l m n o p q r s t u v w x y z
Drugs that are associated with Back painBack pain
Could your condition cause Back painBack pain
What would happen?
Questions to the study
Has anyone experienced excitability with heart racing and chest pain on enbrel. Have stopped the drug but it still continues once in awhile along with stomach pain and nausea. Been off it for 1 month today.
Hello, I have been taking Zoloft for about two months now and I have back pain and hip pain. Will it go away soon? I had nausea for a week at the beginning but I was fine after so I'm wondering if I should hold on or change medication. Anybody has any idea??
User reviews to the study
Hi, I have been on Enbrel for 14 weeks and my hair is already falling out. I am not happy. Because my system developed anti-bodies against Humira after 9 years and Methotrexate caused liver damage I have been taken off both. Never experienced hair loss with those drugs.
Hi there, I have advanced RH, no medications for over past 12 years. Had an extreme flare up a few months back so went to rheumatologist who has prescribed 10 mg methotrexate, weekly and daily palquil, 5mg prednisone and 2x weekly folic acid. I have been on them nearly 3 months now. This ...
I take Enbrel, Mthotrexate and Prednisone and have just this afternoon been diagnosed with lymphona. Needless to say, I am scared out of my mind. A biopsy is scheduled for Monday, May 15 and will have the results by Wednesday May 16.