Home > Enbrel > Drug withdrawal syndrome > Enbrel and Drug withdrawal syndrome
Review: could Enbrel cause Drug withdrawal syndrome?
We study 174,947 people who have side effects while taking Enbrel from FDA and social media. Among them, 33 have Drug withdrawal syndrome. Find out below who they are, when they have Drug withdrawal syndrome and more.
You are not alone: join a mobile support group for people who take Enbrel and have Drug withdrawal syndrome >>>
Enbrel (latest outcomes from 175,509 users) has active ingredients of etanercept. It is often used in rheumatoid arthritis.
Drug withdrawal syndrome
Drug withdrawal syndrome (interfere with normal social, occupational, or other functioning. are not due to another medical condition, drug use, or discontinuation) (latest reports from 150,219 patients) has been reported by people with depression, pain, stress and anxiety, ill-defined disorder, muscle spasticity.
On Oct, 25, 2014: 174,947 people reported to have side effects when taking Enbrel. Among them, 33 people (0.02%) have Drug Withdrawal Syndrome.
Time on Enbrel when people have Drug withdrawal syndrome * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years |
|Drug withdrawal syndrome||0.00%||37.50%||25.00%||0.00%||37.50%||0.00%||0.00% |
Gender of people who have Drug withdrawal syndrome when taking Enbrel * :
|Drug withdrawal syndrome||67.57%||32.43% |
Age of people who have Drug withdrawal syndrome when taking Enbrel * :
|Drug withdrawal syndrome||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||23.08%||11.54%||53.85%||11.54% |
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Rheumatoid arthritis (4 people, 12.12%)
- Psoriasis (3 people, 9.09%)
- Psoriatic arthropathy (3 people, 9.09%)
- Depression (3 people, 9.09%)
- Ankylosing spondylitis (3 people, 9.09%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Oxycontin (12 people, 36.36%)
- Methotrexate (11 people, 33.33%)
- Oxycodone hcl (10 people, 30.30%)
- Sulfasalazine (9 people, 27.27%)
- Prilosec (9 people, 27.27%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Do you have Drug Withdrawal Syndrome while taking Enbrel?
Get connected! Join a mobile support group:
- support group for people who take Enbrel and have Drug Withdrawal Syndrome
- support group for people who take Enbrel
- support group for people who have Drug Withdrawal Syndrome
Comments from related studies:
From this study (2 days ago):
White And crusty on outside. Discharge coming out of ears.Itching
From this study (3 days ago):
bone fracture in foot with no identifiable cause (no injury ???)
From this study (1 month ago):
I have had low blood sugar and I have psoriatic arthritis and take Enbrel. Is it related
Post a new comment OR Read more comments
Can you answer these questions (what is this?):
More questions for: Enbrel, Drug withdrawal syndrome
You may be interested at these reviews (what is this?):
- Humira: my experience
I have had some form of arthritis probably since birth. My father and maternal grandfather had some form of arthritis. I began to realize pain in both ankles if I stood or walked too long.
I began taking many NSAIDs when I was around 22. I've done gold, prednisone (twice), plaquenil, butazoidin, ...
- Vasculitis from enbrel
I have deep scars on my legs from vasculitis. This was caused by Enbrel. Initially no one would connect the two: per my rheumatologist 'no one has ever reported vasculitis as a side effect of enbrel.' (2003)
I had to suspend the enbrel for 8 weeks in preparation for complex abdominal surgery. The ...
- Side effects enbrel developed viral vestibular neuritis
Was on Enbrel 14 years. 10/31/13 Had been hospitalized 7 days severe Viral Vestibular Neuritis. Was given high dose steroids Iv developed Afib as result steroids. On Valtrex 500mg Tid for 1 year. No more Enbrel
More reviews for: Enbrel, Drug withdrawal syndrome
On eHealthMe, Enbrel (etanercept) is often used for rheumatoid arthritis. Find out below the conditions Enbrel is used for, how effective it is, and any alternative drugs that you can use to treat those same conditions.
What is Enbrel used for and how effective is it:
Other drugs that are used to treat the same conditions:
Could it be a symptom from a condition:
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause it?
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.
44 million health professionals and patients have studied on eHealthMe. Recent studies:
- B Complex Vitamin, Vitamin C, Lansoprazole, Chlorpheniramine Maleate, Ibuprofen, Amitriptyline Hydrochloride for a 57-year old woman who has Vitamin B2 Deficiency, Vitamin C Deficiency, Reflux Oesophagitis, Chronic Rhinitis, Chronic Fatigue Syndrome, IBS (2 hours ago)
- Compare Ambien Cr and Adderall Xr 20 and Effexor Xr for a 33-year old woman (2 hours ago)
- Doxycycline for a 25-year old man who has Acne-like Skin Bumps (2 hours ago)
Recent mobile support groups
- Azathioprine and Total Knee Replacement
- Fluoxetine and Sildenafil Citrate
- Actemra and Depression
- Solu-medrol and Als
Recent user comments
- "I gave myself 2 injections of Humira one on each thig ... " (6 hours ago)
- "Increase blood glucose while taking herceptin treatme ... " (6 hours ago)
- "It has been almost two months that abovementoined sym ... " (9 hours ago)
- Vaginal Burning Sensation
- Ortho Novum 7/14 21
- (3 Carboxy2 Hydroxypropyl) Trimethylammonium Hydroxide Inner Salt