Review: could Enbrel cause Heart palpitations?
Summary: Heart palpitations is found among people who take Enbrel, especially for people who are female, 60+ old, have been taking the drug for 1 - 6 months, also take medication Methotrexate, and have Rheumatoid arthritis.
We study 174,990 people who have side effects while taking Enbrel from FDA and social media. Among them, 539 have Heart palpitations. Find out below who they are, when they have Heart palpitations and more.
You are not alone: join a support group for people who take Enbrel and have Heart palpitations >>>
Enbrel has active ingredients of etanercept. It is often used in rheumatoid arthritis. (latest outcomes from 175,552 Enbrel users)
Heart palpitations (feelings or sensations that your heart is pounding or racing) has been reported by people with high blood pressure, depression, osteoporosis, high blood cholesterol, pain. (latest reports from 52,177 Heart palpitations patients)
On Apr, 13, 2015: 174,987 people reported to have side effects when taking Enbrel. Among them, 539 people (0.31%) have Heart Palpitations.
Time on Enbrel when people have Heart palpitations * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years |
|Heart palpitations||25.95%||29.01%||9.92%||16.79%||12.98%||2.29%||3.05% |
Gender of people who have Heart palpitations when taking Enbrel * :
|Heart palpitations||84.07%||15.93% |
Age of people who have Heart palpitations when taking Enbrel * :
|Heart palpitations||0.00%||0.00%||1.94%||8.98%||13.83%||17.23%||25.97%||32.04% |
Severity of Heart palpitations when taking Enbrel ** :
|least||moderate||severe||most severe |
|Heart palpitations||50.00%||50.00%||0.00%||0.00% |
How people recovered from Heart palpitations ** :
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Rheumatoid arthritis (238 people, 44.16%)
- Psoriasis (118 people, 21.89%)
- Psoriatic arthropathy (91 people, 16.88%)
- Ankylosing spondylitis (39 people, 7.24%)
- Head injury (12 people, 2.23%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Methotrexate (134 people, 24.86%)
- Prednisone (65 people, 12.06%)
- Folic acid (58 people, 10.76%)
- Aspirin (27 people, 5.01%)
- Omeprazole (25 people, 4.64%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Get connected: join our support group of enbrel and heart palpitations on
Do you have Heart Palpitations while taking Enbrel?
You are not alone! Join a support group on :
- support group for people who take Enbrel and have Heart Palpitations
- support group for people who take Enbrel
- support group for people who have Heart Palpitations
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause:
- A study of side effects of Pregabalin for a 32-year old woman with Fibromyalgia. The patient has Palpitations
- A study of side effects of Ciprofloxacin Extended Release for a 68-year old woman with Diverticulitis. The patient has Heart Palpitations
- A study of drug interactions between Hydromorphone Hydrochloride, Bisacodyl, Piperine, Curcumin, Fish Oil, Ativan, Coreg, Prilosec Otc, Wellbutrin Xl, Oxycodone for a 39-year old woman with Chronic Pain, Constipation, Adjuvant For Curcumin, Depression, Inflammatory Pain, Anxiety Disorder, Atrial Tachycardia, Ulcer - Peptic, Breakthrough Pain. The patient has Tricuspid Regurgitation, Chronic Mitral Valve Regurgitation, Heart Murmurs, Ventricular Extrasystoles, Palpitations
- A study of side effects of Enbrel for a 36-year old man with Ankylosing Spondylitis. The patient has Eye Swelling
- A study of side effects of Lamotrigine for a 34-year old woman with Bipolar Disorder. The patient has Depression, Poor Peripheral Circulation, Palpitations, Tongue Irritation, Fatigue
Recent Enbrel related drug comparison:
- Comparions of Azathioprine, Humira, Enbrel, Sulfadiazine, Methotrexate for a 42-year old woman who has Psoriatic Arthritis
- Comparions of Humira, Enbrel, Simponi, Cimzia for a 36-year old man who has Psoriatic Arthritis
- Comparions of Humira, Enbrel for a 58-year old man who has Rheumatoid Arthritis
- Comparions of Humira, Enbrel for a 45-year old woman who has Rheumatoid Arthritis
- Comparions of Humira, Enbrel for a 61-year old woman who has Rheumatoid Factor Positive
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.