Home > Enbrel > Kidney failure > Enbrel and Kidney failure
Review: could Enbrel cause Kidney failure (Acute kidney failure)?
We study 174,947 people who have side effects while taking Enbrel from FDA and social media. Among them, 507 have Kidney failure. Find out below who they are, when they have Kidney failure and more.
Get connected: join a mobile support group for people who take Enbrel and have Kidney failure >>>
Enbrel (latest outcomes from 175,503 users) has active ingredients of etanercept. It is often used in rheumatoid arthritis.
Kidney failure (loss of kidney function) (latest reports from 426,715 patients) has been reported by people with high blood pressure, coronary artery bypass, diabetes, multiple myeloma, pain.
On Sep, 14, 2014: 174,937 people reported to have side effects when taking Enbrel. Among them, 507 people (0.29%) have Kidney Failure.
Time on Enbrel when people have Kidney failure * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years |
|Kidney failure||17.17%||23.61%||14.59%||12.45%||21.03%||9.01%||2.15% |
Gender of people who have Kidney failure when taking Enbrel * :
|Kidney failure||62.15%||37.85% |
Age of people who have Kidney failure when taking Enbrel * :
|Kidney failure||0.00%||1.75%||0.58%||1.17%||1.17%||15.79%||30.70%||48.83% |
Severity of Kidney failure when taking Enbrel ** :
|least||moderate||severe||most severe |
|Kidney failure||0.00%||0.00%||100.00%||0.00% |
How people recovered from Kidney failure ** :
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Rheumatoid arthritis (311 people, 61.34%)
- Psoriasis (80 people, 15.78%)
- Psoriatic arthropathy (45 people, 8.88%)
- Osteoporosis (34 people, 6.71%)
- Systemic lupus erythematosus (28 people, 5.52%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Methotrexate (112 people, 22.09%)
- Prednisone (71 people, 14.00%)
- Lasix (53 people, 10.45%)
- Plaquenil (39 people, 7.69%)
- Aspirin (38 people, 7.50%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Do you have Kidney Failure while taking Enbrel?
Get connected! Join a mobile support group:
- group for people who take Enbrel and have Kidney Failure
- group for people who take Enbrel
- group for people who have Kidney Failure
Comments from related studies:
From this study (3 days ago):
Was on Humira from October 2008 to May 2013. It wasn't effective anymore, the Sed rate was high, Started Enbrel May 2013 til present (Aug. 2014).
From this study (1 week ago):
I recently quit taking all meds due to loss of insurance coverage. I have been having symptoms for a week that seem to only get worse
From this study (2 weeks ago):
Started Enbrel on Friday! Last two days I have very bad eye inflammation and blurry vision with headaches. Could this be a reaction to Enbrel?
Post a new comment OR Read more comments
Can you answer these questions (what is this?):
More questions for: Enbrel, Kidney failure
You may be interested at these reviews (what is this?):
- My ex-boyfriend's effexor effects
In my fifth year of living with my ex-boyfriend, he began taking Effexor and soon developed urinary incontinence, kidney failure and nightmares or night terrors so severe that he frequently screamed for prolonged periods, flailed and threw punches in his sleep. Upon ceasing to take Effexor, his sle ...
- Vasculitis from enbrel
I have deep scars on my legs from vasculitis. This was caused by Enbrel. Initially no one would connect the two: per my rheumatologist 'no one has ever reported vasculitis as a side effect of enbrel.' (2003)
I had to suspend the enbrel for 8 weeks in preparation for complex abdominal surgery. The ...
- Side effects enbrel developed viral vestibular neuritis
Was on Enbrel 14 years. 10/31/13 Had been hospitalized 7 days severe Viral Vestibular Neuritis. Was given high dose steroids Iv developed Afib as result steroids. On Valtrex 500mg Tid for 1 year. No more Enbrel
More reviews for: Enbrel, Kidney failure
On eHealthMe, Enbrel (etanercept) is often used for rheumatoid arthritis. Find out below the conditions Enbrel is used for, how effective it is, and any alternative drugs that you can use to treat those same conditions.
What is Enbrel used for and how effective is it:
Other drugs that are used to treat the same conditions:
Could it be a symptom from a condition:
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause it?
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.
44 million health professionals and patients have studied on eHealthMe. Recent studies:
- Zolpidem Tartrate, Topamax, Lorazepam, Sertraline, Wellbutrin Xl for a 42-year old woman who has Insomnia, Seizure Disorder, Anxiety Disorder, Depression (17 minutes ago)
- MSM, Ginseng, Panax, Ginger, Saw Palmetto for a 114-year old woman who has Ykyik, Jtuj, Etg, Rtg (23 minutes ago)
- Flomax for a 54-year old man who has BPH (1 hour ago)
Recent mobile support groups
- Chantix and Dementia Alzheimer\'s Type
- Abnormal Dreams
- Rebif and Ovarian Cancer Recurrent
- Atrial Flutter and Multiple Sclerosis
- Victoza and Atrial Fibrillation
Recent user comments
- "I just wanted to know if ABX therapy with these drugs ... " (4 hours ago)
- "I just started taking Atorvastatin 2 months ago and h ... " (4 hours ago)
- "Went for a blood test on Aug. 2013 and the platlet co ... " (6 hours ago)
- Suicide And Suicidal Behavior
- Kallmann Syndrome
- Secondary Amyloidosis