Home > Enbrel > Losing weight > Enbrel and Losing weight
Review: could Enbrel cause Losing weight (Weight loss)?
Summary: Losing weight is found among people who take Enbrel, especially for people who are female, 50-59 old, have been taking the drug for 2 - 5 years, also take medication Methotrexate, and have Rheumatoid arthritis.
We study 174,956 people who have side effects while taking Enbrel from FDA and social media. Among them, 136 have Losing weight. Find out below who they are, when they have Losing weight and more.
You are not alone: join a mobile support group for people who take Enbrel and have Losing weight >>>
Enbrel (latest outcomes from 175,518 users) has active ingredients of etanercept. It is often used in rheumatoid arthritis.
Losing weight (latest reports from 98,584 patients) has been reported by people with depression, bipolar disorder, schizophrenia, high blood pressure, stress and anxiety.
On Oct, 28, 2014: 174,947 people reported to have side effects when taking Enbrel. Among them, 136 people (0.08%) have Losing Weight.
Time on Enbrel when people have Losing weight * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years |
|Losing weight||0.00%||4.76%||23.81%||19.05%||28.57%||23.81%||0.00% |
Gender of people who have Losing weight when taking Enbrel * :
|Losing weight||81.25%||18.75% |
Age of people who have Losing weight when taking Enbrel * :
|Losing weight||0.00%||0.00%||0.81%||0.00%||5.69%||29.27%||50.41%||13.82% |
Severity of Losing weight when taking Enbrel ** :
|least||moderate||severe||most severe |
|Losing weight||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||100.00% |
How people recovered from Losing weight ** :
|while on the drug||after off the drug||not yet |
|Losing weight||0.00%||0.00%||100.00% |
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Rheumatoid arthritis (73 people, 53.68%)
- Psoriasis (68 people, 50.00%)
- Psoriatic arthropathy (60 people, 44.12%)
- Ankylosing spondylitis (18 people, 13.24%)
- Osteoarthritis (17 people, 12.50%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Methotrexate (29 people, 21.32%)
- Humira (12 people, 8.82%)
- Plaquenil (12 people, 8.82%)
- Prednisone (9 people, 6.62%)
- Baclofen (9 people, 6.62%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Do you have Losing Weight while taking Enbrel?
You are not alone! Join a mobile support group:
- support group for people who take Enbrel and have Losing Weight
- support group for people who take Enbrel
- support group for people who have Losing Weight
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause:
Can you answer these questions (Ask a question):
- Does diovan 320 improve kidney function and reduce creatinine?
(Asked by a 63 year old man who has Overweight)
I was diabetic and was under oral medication. i am OK now I only take some care with my food and my diabetes is within the limit and under control.
- Is there a heath warning with a person taking enbrel being around a person with histoplasmosis?
(Asked by a 53 year old woman who has R. A, and takes Enbrel)
The person taking enbrel is there a risk facator being around a person with histoplasmosis?
- Do i need to temporarily stop taking my enbrel and methotrexate (that i take every week) while i am on azithromycin for severe cold symptoms?
(Asked by a 47 year old woman who has Rheumatoid Arthritis, and takes Dexamethasone, Tussicaps, Azithromycin, Methotrexate, Enbrel)
i have RA and take Enbrel and methotrexate every week. i am currently taking azithromycin, tussicaps and dexamethasone to treat a severe cold, cough, sore throat, etc. My question is should i stop taking the ra meds until my antibiotics and steroids are done? Or should i just continue as normal, don ...
- Can enbrel cause tremors
(Asked by a 50 year old woman who has Rheumatoid Arthritis, and takes Enbrel)
I've been taking embrel for 5 months and just had a single episode of tremors that lasted a couple hours. I need to know if embrel could have caused this.
- I have been diagnosed with prostate cancer
(Asked by a 75 year old man who has Cancer - Prostate, and takes Enbrel)
already on enbrel, doing well do not want to stop, but diagnosed with prostate ca. Should I stop
More questions for: Enbrel, Losing weight
You may be interested at these reviews (Write a review):
- Lipitor weight loss/ lisinipril ed issue
(Posted by a 62 year old man who has Erection Problems, Bad Dreams, Weight Loss, and takes Lisinopril, Lipitor)
40 mg Lipitor for two months caused 8 pounds weight loss,thoughts of losing my mind ,racing heart rate,mental confusion,emergency visits twice,never in my life have gone to hospital by ambulance..5'11 178 BM 17 ,faithful gym rat ,all test ruled out physical issues,informed doctor, he didn't feel Lip ...
- Etanercept and irritability
(Posted by a 73 year old man who has Irritability, Psoriasis, Psoriatic Arthropathy For 55years., and takes Enbrel)
I have been on Etanercept for 8 years for Psoriasis. Previous to this I was on
Methotrexate, Cyclosporine, Retinodes and ACTH injections.Since being on 25mg twice a week I have been 98% clear.The only side effect to date is "Irritability" which lasts about 24hrs.
This Drug has been my saving grac ...
- Weight loss associated with flomax within the last 10 years.
(Posted by a 82 year old man who has Weight Loss, and takes Flomax)
I have been taking flomax for approx. 10 yrs.I was then & still is very active
I exercise for one HR.every morning (5 days a week)walk for 2 miles every day,
ride my bike occasionlly,I am now 82 yrs.old.My problem is "weight loss".
I'm 5'9" tall,I weighed 175 lbs.when I first started to take Flom ...
- Weight loss taking lipitor
(Posted by a 69 year old woman who has Lost All Body Muscles And Weight Loss, Weight Loss)
Did not want to take Lipitor heard a lot about it dr made me I weighed 164 was on Lipitor for 2years lost down to 132 and still losing how do I regain some weight back I look horrible
- Humira: my experience
(Posted by a 66 year old man who has Ankylosing Spondylitis, Reiter's Syndrome, Psoriatic Arthritis, and takes Methotrexate Preservative Free, Enbrel, Humira)
I have had some form of arthritis probably since birth. My father and maternal grandfather had some form of arthritis. I began to realize pain in both ankles if I stood or walked too long.
I began taking many NSAIDs when I was around 22. I've done gold, prednisone (twice), plaquenil, butazoidin, ...
More reviews for: Enbrel, Losing weight
- A study of side effects of Enbrel for a patient with Guttate Psoriasis. The patient has Ear Disorder
Comments: White And crusty on outside. Discharge coming out of ears.Itching
- A study of side effects of Enbrel for a patient with Reactive Arthritis. The patient has Bone Fragmentation
Comments: bone fracture in foot with no identifiable cause (no injury ???)
- A study of drug interactions between Prednisone, Folic Acid, Prozac, Hydrochlorothiazide, Omeprazole, Calcium for a patient with Neurosarcoidosis, Cervicitis Human Papilloma Virus, Anxiety, Hypertension, Gerd. The patient has Weight Loss, Fatigue - Chronic, Headache - Tension, Dizziness
Comments: Lung biopsy
- A study of side effects of Forteo for a patient with Osteoporosis And Aging. The patient has Weight Loss
Comments: Also dealing with fractures, bascil cell carcinoma tumors and severe acid reflux and stomach infection with 3 ulcers and hiatel hernia
- A study of side effects of Enbrel for a patient with Psoriatic Arthritis. The patient has Hypoglycaemia (deficiency of glucose in the bloodstream)
Comments: I have had low blood sugar and I have psoriatic arthritis and take Enbrel. Is it related
More related studies for: Enbrel, Losing weight
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.
Recent mobile support groups
- Betadine and Psoriasis
- Zoloft and Blood Alcohol Abnormal
- Blood Alcohol Abnormal
- Can ciliapram cause emphysemia
Answer: I too have taken citalopram, for fibromyalgia pain, and wa ... (10 hours ago)
- Can chewing tobacco effect results of velcade on myeloma
Father has been on and off Velcade for Multiple Myeloma ov ... (18 hours ago)
- What side effects do you experience from sulpfasalazine?
Answer: You must take sulfasalizine with food to avoid stomach iss ... (22 hours ago)
Recent user reviews
- Lipitor weight loss/ lisinipril ed issue
Response: Do Not, I repeat Do Not take Lipitor!!! I was on 20mg for ... (5 hours ago)
- Lipitor weight loss/ lisinipril ed issue
40 mg Lipitor for two months caused 8 pounds weight loss,t ... (8 hours ago)
- Headache after propofol
Was given Propofol while having Colonoscopy and Endoscopy. ... (13 hours ago)
Recent studies on eHealthMe:
- Tobramycin And Dexamethasone, Ketorolac Tromethamine, Prednisone, Cyclogyl, Gabapentin, Benzonatate, Lidoderm, Antivert, Sertraline, Alprazolam, Hydroxyzine Pamoate, Lidocaine, Symbicort, Amitriptyline Hydrochloride, Cyclobenzaprine Hydrochloride, Albuterol Sulfate, Accolate for a 50-year old woman who has Eye Inflammation, Eye Infection, Eye Infection Bacterial, Nerve Pain, Cough, Hip Pain, Benign Paroxysmal Positional Vertigo, Depression, Anxiety Disorder, Hives, Degenerative Joint Disease, Asthma, Interstitial Cystitis (IC), Scoliosis, Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disease (14 minutes ago)
- Risperidone, Benztropine Mesylate, Lisinopril, Zoloft for a 49-year old man who has Antipsychotic Drug Level Increased, Risperidone, Hypertension, Major Depression (1 hour ago)
- Compare Fluorouracil and Toposar and Cisplatin for a 66-year old man (2 hours ago)
- Terazosin Hydrochloride, Hydrochlorothiazide, Lisinopril, Warfarin Sodium for a 81-year old man who has Hypertension, Pulmonary Embolism (4 hours ago)
- Nexium for a 61-year old man who has Acid Reflux (4 hours ago)