Home > Enbrel > Muscle pain > Enbrel and Muscle pain
Review: could Enbrel cause Muscle pain (Muscle aches)?
Summary: Muscle pain is found among people who take Enbrel, especially for people who are female, 50-59 old, have been taking the drug for 1 - 6 months, also take medication Methotrexate, and have Rheumatoid arthritis.
We study 174,956 people who have side effects while taking Enbrel from FDA and social media. Among them, 1,070 have Muscle pain. Find out below who they are, when they have Muscle pain and more.
You are not alone: join a mobile support group for people who take Enbrel and have Muscle pain >>>
Enbrel (latest outcomes from 175,520 users) has active ingredients of etanercept. It is often used in rheumatoid arthritis.
Muscle pain (muscle pain) (latest reports from 73,389 patients) has been reported by people with high blood cholesterol, osteoporosis, high blood pressure, depression, multiple sclerosis.
On Nov, 25, 2014: 174,956 people reported to have side effects when taking Enbrel. Among them, 1,070 people (0.61%) have Muscle Pain.
Time on Enbrel when people have Muscle pain * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years |
|Muscle pain||21.62%||29.73%||10.27%||12.97%||16.76%||5.41%||3.24% |
Gender of people who have Muscle pain when taking Enbrel * :
|Muscle pain||73.60%||26.40% |
Age of people who have Muscle pain when taking Enbrel * :
|Muscle pain||0.00%||0.12%||2.09%||2.21%||12.78%||17.44%||34.15%||31.20% |
Severity of Muscle pain when taking Enbrel ** :
|least||moderate||severe||most severe |
|Muscle pain||100.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00% |
How people recovered from Muscle pain ** :
|while on the drug||after off the drug||not yet |
|Muscle pain||0.00%||0.00%||100.00% |
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Rheumatoid arthritis (532 people, 49.72%)
- Psoriasis (260 people, 24.30%)
- Psoriatic arthropathy (195 people, 18.22%)
- Ankylosing spondylitis (68 people, 6.36%)
- Fibromyalgia (14 people, 1.31%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Methotrexate (257 people, 24.02%)
- Prednisone (145 people, 13.55%)
- Folic acid (78 people, 7.29%)
- Aspirin (40 people, 3.74%)
- Plaquenil (33 people, 3.08%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Do you have Muscle Pain while taking Enbrel?
You are not alone! Join a mobile support group:
- support group for people who take Enbrel and have Muscle Pain
- support group for people who take Enbrel
- support group for people who have Muscle Pain
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause:
Can you answer these questions (Ask a question):
- Has anyone had tingling in hands, arms, feet, legs from lisinopril that did not go away when they quit taking it? if you got rid of the tingles, how did you do it?
(Asked by a 51 year old woman who has Muscle Pain, Muscle Tightness, Tingling And Numbness, and takes Atenolol, Lisinopril )
After 9 months on Atenolol I started getting tingling in my left hand. Also had a pulmonary embolism. A doc switched me to Lisinopril and the tingling moved to my legs, feet, both hands and arms. My calf muscles are very tight and my legs ache. Plus dizziness and other things. After 3 years of ...
- Is there a heath warning with a person taking enbrel being around a person with histoplasmosis?
(Asked by a 53 year old woman who has R. A, and takes Enbrel)
The person taking enbrel is there a risk facator being around a person with histoplasmosis?
- Do i need to temporarily stop taking my enbrel and methotrexate (that i take every week) while i am on azithromycin for severe cold symptoms?
(Asked by a 47 year old woman who has Rheumatoid Arthritis, and takes Dexamethasone, Tussicaps, Azithromycin, Methotrexate, Enbrel)
i have RA and take Enbrel and methotrexate every week. i am currently taking azithromycin, tussicaps and dexamethasone to treat a severe cold, cough, sore throat, etc. My question is should i stop taking the ra meds until my antibiotics and steroids are done? Or should i just continue as normal, don ...
- Can enbrel cause tremors
(Asked by a 50 year old woman who has Rheumatoid Arthritis, and takes Enbrel)
I've been taking embrel for 5 months and just had a single episode of tremors that lasted a couple hours. I need to know if embrel could have caused this.
- I have been diagnosed with prostate cancer
(Asked by a 75 year old man who has Cancer - Prostate, and takes Enbrel)
already on enbrel, doing well do not want to stop, but diagnosed with prostate ca. Should I stop
More questions for: Enbrel, Muscle pain
You may be interested at these reviews (Write a review):
- Hair loss with enbrel
(Posted by a 58 year old woman who has Hair Loss, Psoriatic Arthritis, and takes Enbrel)
I have been on Enbrel for 4 months and started seeing significant hair thinning at the second month of treatments (50 mg once per week). My Rhuematologist suggested 800 mcg of folic acid. I am still losing hair although I am feeling so much better.
- Etanercept and irritability
(Posted by a 73 year old man who has Irritability, Psoriasis, Psoriatic Arthropathy For 55years., and takes Enbrel)
I have been on Etanercept for 8 years for Psoriasis. Previous to this I was on
Methotrexate, Cyclosporine, Retinodes and ACTH injections.Since being on 25mg twice a week I have been 98% clear.The only side effect to date is "Irritability" which lasts about 24hrs.
This Drug has been my saving grac ...
- Faslodex driven hell
(Posted by a 60 year old woman who has Depression, Stamina, Breathing Difficulty, Muscle Pain, Bone And Joint Pain, Cough, and takes Faslodex)
I have metastatic breast cancer...which has spread to my bones. Needless to say...I'm not a happy camper. Faslodex was my oncologist’s drug of choice for me. I've been on it since July 28, 2014....My first month was loading dosage...and each month that has followed I receive two injections in m ...
- Humira: my experience
(Posted by a 66 year old man who has Ankylosing Spondylitis, Reiter's Syndrome, Psoriatic Arthritis, and takes Methotrexate Preservative Free, Enbrel, Humira)
I have had some form of arthritis probably since birth. My father and maternal grandfather had some form of arthritis. I began to realize pain in both ankles if I stood or walked too long.
I began taking many NSAIDs when I was around 22. I've done gold, prednisone (twice), plaquenil, butazoidin, ...
- Vasculitis from enbrel
(Posted by a 53 year old woman who has Rheumatoid Arthritis, and takes Enbrel)
I have deep scars on my legs from vasculitis. This was caused by Enbrel. Initially no one would connect the two: per my rheumatologist 'no one has ever reported vasculitis as a side effect of enbrel.' (2003)
I had to suspend the enbrel for 8 weeks in preparation for complex abdominal surgery. The ...
More reviews for: Enbrel, Muscle pain
- A study of drug interactions between Prednisone, Montelukast Sodium for a patient with Eosinophilia, Asthma Aggravated. The patient has Muscle Aches, Muscle Fatigue, Numbness And Tingling
Comments: After a few weeks at 30mg/day of Prednisone I started to experience experience muscle fatigue and ache after only a short amount of walking. After a month later on 10mg of Prednisone I started to notice minor tingling and numbness in my feet, then ankles, and now further up my leg after about two we ...
- A study of side effects of Topamax for a patient with Migraine. The patient has Muscle Pain (muscle pain)
Comments: Pain is due to muscle tension after about a month on Tompamax. All body muscles seem to tense up and it's hard for me to relax them. Legs, back, arms, stomach and lately its in my face and jaw and cheeks. It makes me tired. I'm taking magnesium to try and combat the pain.
- A study of drug interactions between Sulfasalazine, Omeprazole Magnesium, Vyvanse for a patient with Aches - Leg, Reflux Gastritis, Add. The patient has Belly Ache, Muscle Aches
Comments: started vyvasnse last spring, started to get bizarre body aches and burning in ribs and back. All blood work comes back ok. I took myself off vyvanse in beginning for two weeks with no improvement so i went back on....
- A study of drug interactions between Alprazolam, Lorazepam, Pristiq, Synthroid, Cytomel for a patient with Anxiety Disorder, Essential Tremor, Md, Hashimoto's Thyroiditis. The patient has Uneasiness, Muscle Pain, Sleeplessness, Fatigue, Dizziness
Comments: Concerned could have Serotonin Syndrome....not sure how long body takes to adjust to change in meds. From 100mcg.Synthroid to 75mcg then 5mcg
Cytomel added...have been on Pristiq (100mg for 5 years with one adjustment and little to no adverse side effects)...been on Synthroid for 44 years. Could th ...
- A study of drug interactions between Norco, Wellbutrin Xl, Lexapro for a patient with Pain, Eating Disorder - Bulimia, Depression. The patient has Elevated Mood, Sapho Syndrome, Electrolyte Imbalance, Stomach Pain, Indigestion, Burning Feeling When Swallowing, Throat Tightness, Chest Wall Pain, Insomnia, Vision Problems, Blood Insulin, Pain - Joints, Muscle Aches, White Blood Cell Count Decreased, Iron Deficiency Anemia, Proteinuria Present, Urine Albumin/creatinine Ratio Increased, Low Back Pain, Breath Odor, Dizziness, Loss Of Sensation, Numbness And Tingling, Paresthesias, Sensory Loss, Tingling And Numbness, Exhaustion, Fatigue, Lethargy, Tiredness, Weariness, Muscle Oedema, Edema - Peripheral, Peripheral Edema, Edema
Comments: symptoms started slowly about a year ago and have progressively gotten worse everyday. doctor has stated this could be the problem and suggests I ween off Lexapro. my electrolytes are consistently off and constant anemia despite taking iron 3 times a day. my hormone for ADH is very elevated. suggest ...
More related studies for: Enbrel, Muscle pain
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.