Review: could Enbrel cause Muscle pain?
(By eHealthMe on Feb, 27, 2014)
Severity ratings: 1.0/4
On a scale of 1 to 4: 1=least, 2=moderate, 3=severe, 4=most severe
We study 174,862 people who take Enbrel. Among them, 1,027 have Muscle pain. See who they are, when they have Muscle pain and more. This review is based on reports from FDA and social media, and is updated regularly.
For patients like me, how are my drugs? On eHealthMe, you can research 300 million drug outcomes from FDA and social media. We use data reported since 1977 till to date. All studies are personalized to gender and age. Start now >>>
Enbrel (latest outcomes from 175,429 users) has active ingredients of etanercept. It is often used in rheumatoid arthritis, psoriatic arthritis. Commonly reported side effects of Enbrel include injection site pain, injection site erythema, injection site reaction, rheumatoid arthritis aggravated, rheumatoid arthritis.
Muscle pain (muscle pain) (latest reports from 494,033 patients) has been reported by people with high blood cholesterol, osteoporosis, high blood pressure, depression, multiple sclerosis.
On Mar, 9, 2014: 174,862 people reported to have side effects when taking Enbrel. Among them, 1,070 people (0.61%) have Muscle Pain. They amount to 0.22% of all the 494,033 people who have Muscle Pain.
Time on Enbrel when people have Muscle pain * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years |
|Muscle pain||21.62%||29.73%||10.27%||12.97%||16.76%||5.41%||3.24% |
Gender of people who have Muscle pain when taking Enbrel * :
|Muscle pain||73.60%||26.40% |
Age of people who have Muscle pain when taking Enbrel * :
|Muscle pain||0.00%||0.12%||2.09%||2.21%||12.78%||17.44%||34.15%||31.20% |
Severity of Muscle pain when taking Enbrel ** :
|least||moderate||severe||most severe |
|Muscle pain||100.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00% |
How people recovered from Muscle pain ** :
|while on the drug||after off the drug||not yet |
|Muscle pain||0.00%||0.00%||100.00% |
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Rheumatoid arthritis (532 people, 49.72%)
- Psoriasis (260 people, 24.30%)
- Psoriatic arthropathy (195 people, 18.22%)
- Ankylosing spondylitis (68 people, 6.36%)
- Fibromyalgia (14 people, 1.31%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Methotrexate (257 people, 24.02%)
- Prednisone (145 people, 13.55%)
- Folic acid (78 people, 7.29%)
- Aspirin (40 people, 3.74%)
- Plaquenil (33 people, 3.08%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Related topic: Enbrel, Muscle pain
You can also:
On eHealthMe, Enbrel (etanercept) is often used for rheumatoid arthritis. Find out below the conditions Enbrel is used for, how effective it is, and any alternative drugs that you can use to treat those same conditions.
What is Enbrel used for and how effective is it:
Other drugs that are used to treat the same conditions:
Could it be a symptom from a condition:
Browse Enbrel side effects from A to Z:
Browse Enbrel drug interactions with drugs from A to Z:
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause it?
Comments from related studies:
From this study (3 months ago):
Healed joint and soft tissue injuries (PID) return with increased pain and swelling. Pressure changes with position. Frequency and intensity of migraines increased with pressure symptoms. Genetic connective tissue disorder - Ehler Danlos Syndrome. Cardiac arrhythmia. History of rheumatic fever, pneumothorax, whooping cough, and severe allergic reactions.
Can you answer these questions (what is this?):
- People with statin drug damage
Have been on disability for 18 months. Can not walk to car without being fatigued. Have lots of nerve pain. On a lot of Pain meds an they don't always work. I was told this one won't do that an this one won't do that. The one that put me over the edge was Zetia. My doctor's don't know what to do o ...
- Does enbrel create pathological gambling
After starting with Enbrel in 2005 I have developed a pathological need to gamble. I have gambled more that 80k on scratch offs.
- Should i take robaxin if i'm allergic to penicillin
I was prescribed Robaxin for muscle pain. But I'm allergic to Penicillin and I want to make sure I would not have any side effects.
More questions for: Enbrel, Muscle pain
You may be interested at these reviews (what is this?):
More reviews for: Enbrel, Muscle pain
Recent related drug studies:
- A study of drug interactions between Retin-a, Silver, Nystatin, Clobetasol Propionate, Vanos, Vitamin B12, Vitamin D, Cardizem, Prednisone, Restasis, Lidocaine, Zyrtec, Flonase, Ipratropium Bromide, Xopenex HFA, Xopenex, Fioricet, Relpax, Botox, Lidoderm, Baclofen, Lansoprazole, Advair Diskus 500/50, Symbicort, Singulair, Oxycodone, Enbrel, Aygestin for a patient with Acne, Wound, Thrush, Eczema, Vitamin B12 Deficiency, Vitamin D Deficiency, Blood Pressure Fluctuation, Rheumatic Heart Disease, Dry Eye, Cervical Spondylosis, Allergies, Rhinitis Allergic, Asthma, Migraine With Aura, Musculoskeletal Pain, Muscle Spasms, Gerd, Herniated Intervertebral Disk, Rheumatoid Arthritis, Endometriosis. The patient has Urine Flow Decreased, Urine Output, Constipation, Shoulder Impingement Syndrome (Rotator cuff tendinitis), Frozen Shoulder, Early Morning Awakening, Palpitations Aggravated (Heart palpitations), Sleepy (Drowsiness), Sleep Paralysis - Isolated (Isolated sleep paralysis), Confusion, Sensitivity To The Cold (Cold intolerance), Drowsiness, Muscle Fatigue (Weakness), Cramps - Muscle (Muscle cramps), Pain - Muscles (Muscle aches), Muscular Weakness (Weakness), Eye Pain, Vision Blurred, Night Sweats, Pain - Joints (Joint pain), Joint Warmth, Pain - Neck (Neck pain), Blood Pressure Diastolic Increased, Increased Intracranial Pressure, Headache, Heart Rate Increased, Micturition Frequency Decreased, Blood Pressure Fluctuation, Blood Pressure Increased (High blood pressure)
More related studies for: Enbrel, Muscle pain
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.