Review: could Enbrel cause Neck pain?
Summary: Neck pain is found among people who take Enbrel, especially for people who are female, 60+ old, have been taking the drug for 1 - 6 months, also take medication Methotrexate, and have Rheumatoid arthritis.
We study 174,990 people who have side effects while taking Enbrel from FDA and social media. Among them, 935 have Neck pain. Find out below who they are, when they have Neck pain and more.
You are not alone: join a support group for people who take Enbrel and have Neck pain >>>
Enbrel has active ingredients of etanercept. It is often used in rheumatoid arthritis. (latest outcomes from 175,552 Enbrel users)
Neck Pain has been reported by people with osteoporosis, multiple sclerosis, pain, rheumatoid arthritis, high blood pressure. (latest reports from 24,475 Neck Pain patients)
On Apr, 2, 2015: 174,987 people reported to have side effects when taking Enbrel. Among them, 935 people (0.53%) have Neck Pain.
Time on Enbrel when people have Neck pain * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years |
|Neck pain||14.97%||27.27%||9.63%||9.63%||18.72%||15.51%||4.28% |
Gender of people who have Neck pain when taking Enbrel * :
|Neck pain||73.31%||26.69% |
Age of people who have Neck pain when taking Enbrel * :
|Neck pain||0.00%||0.13%||1.90%||3.30%||9.52%||20.81%||30.71%||33.63% |
Severity of Neck pain when taking Enbrel ** :
|least||moderate||severe||most severe |
|Neck pain||0.00%||40.00%||60.00%||0.00% |
How people recovered from Neck pain ** :
|while on the drug||after off the drug||not yet |
|Neck pain||0.00%||20.00%||80.00% |
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Rheumatoid arthritis (552 people, 59.04%)
- Psoriasis (274 people, 29.30%)
- Psoriatic arthropathy (258 people, 27.59%)
- Ankylosing spondylitis (148 people, 15.83%)
- Osteoarthritis (34 people, 3.64%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Methotrexate (181 people, 19.36%)
- Prednisone (62 people, 6.63%)
- Folic acid (61 people, 6.52%)
- Humira (31 people, 3.32%)
- Aspirin (31 people, 3.32%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Get connected: join our support group of enbrel and neck pain on
Do you have Neck Pain while taking Enbrel?
You are not alone! Join a support group on :
- support group for people who take Enbrel and have Neck Pain
- support group for people who take Enbrel
- support group for people who have Neck Pain
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause:
- A study of drug interactions between Fluoxetine, Adderall 30 for a 27-year old woman with Panic Disorder, Narcolepsy. The patient has Muscle Twitching, Migraine, Pain - Neck, Numbness In Hands Or Feet
- A study of side effects of Singulair for a 4-year old boy with Multiple Allergies. The patient has Neck Pain
- A study of side effects of Levaquin for a 49-year old woman with Respiratory Disorder. The patient has Neck Pain, Back Pain, Hypertensive Heart Disease, Rash Generalised, Skin Burning Sensation, Skin Sensitisation, Sun-induced Skin Changes - Keratosis, Short-term Memory Loss, Tendon Pain, Headache - Migraine With Aura, Neuropathy, Arterial Spasm
- A study of drug interactions between Atorvastatin Calcium, Lisinopril for a 63-year old woman with High Blood Cholesterol, High Blood Pressure. The patient has Neck Pain, Shoulder Pain
- A study of side effects of Enbrel for a 36-year old man with Ankylosing Spondylitis. The patient has Eye Swelling
Recent Enbrel related drug comparison:
- Comparions of Azathioprine, Humira, Enbrel, Sulfadiazine, Methotrexate for a 42-year old woman who has Psoriatic Arthritis
- Comparions of Humira, Enbrel, Simponi, Cimzia for a 36-year old man who has Psoriatic Arthritis
- Comparions of Humira, Enbrel for a 58-year old man who has Rheumatoid Arthritis
- Comparions of Humira, Enbrel for a 45-year old woman who has Rheumatoid Arthritis
- Comparions of Humira, Enbrel for a 61-year old woman who has Rheumatoid Factor Positive
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.