Home > Enbrel > Nightmares > Enbrel and Nightmares
Review: could Enbrel cause Nightmares?
Summary: Nightmares is found among people who take Enbrel, especially for people who are female, 60+ old, have been taking the drug for 5 - 10 years, also take medication Sulfasalazine, and have Rheumatoid arthritis.
We study 174,956 people who have side effects while taking Enbrel from FDA and social media. Among them, 44 have Nightmares. Find out below who they are, when they have Nightmares and more.
You are not alone: join a mobile support group for people who take Enbrel and have Nightmares >>>
Enbrel (latest outcomes from 175,520 users) has active ingredients of etanercept. It is often used in rheumatoid arthritis.
Nightmares (unpleasant dreams) (latest reports from 14,120 patients) has been reported by people with quit smoking, depression, stress and anxiety, high blood pressure, pain.
On Nov, 27, 2014: 174,956 people reported to have side effects when taking Enbrel. Among them, 44 people (0.03%) have Nightmares.
Time on Enbrel when people have Nightmares * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years |
Gender of people who have Nightmares when taking Enbrel * :
Age of people who have Nightmares when taking Enbrel * :
Severity of Nightmares when taking Enbrel ** :
|least||moderate||severe||most severe |
How people recovered from Nightmares ** :
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Rheumatoid arthritis (31 people, 70.45%)
- Psoriasis (10 people, 22.73%)
- Psoriatic arthropathy (7 people, 15.91%)
- Ankylosing spondylitis (2 people, 4.55%)
- Asperger's disorder (2 people, 4.55%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Sulfasalazine (4 people, 9.09%)
- Allegra (3 people, 6.82%)
- Diflucan (3 people, 6.82%)
- Methotrexate (3 people, 6.82%)
- Dolobid (3 people, 6.82%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Do you have Nightmares while taking Enbrel?
You are not alone! Join a mobile support group:
- support group for people who take Enbrel and have Nightmares
- support group for people who take Enbrel
- support group for people who have Nightmares
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause:
Can you answer these questions (Ask a question):
- Is there a heath warning with a person taking enbrel being around a person with histoplasmosis?
(Asked by a 53 year old woman who has R. A, and takes Enbrel)
The person taking enbrel is there a risk facator being around a person with histoplasmosis?
- Do i need to temporarily stop taking my enbrel and methotrexate (that i take every week) while i am on azithromycin for severe cold symptoms?
(Asked by a 47 year old woman who has Rheumatoid Arthritis, and takes Dexamethasone, Tussicaps, Azithromycin, Methotrexate, Enbrel)
i have RA and take Enbrel and methotrexate every week. i am currently taking azithromycin, tussicaps and dexamethasone to treat a severe cold, cough, sore throat, etc. My question is should i stop taking the ra meds until my antibiotics and steroids are done? Or should i just continue as normal, don ...
- Can enbrel cause tremors
(Asked by a 50 year old woman who has Rheumatoid Arthritis, and takes Enbrel)
I've been taking embrel for 5 months and just had a single episode of tremors that lasted a couple hours. I need to know if embrel could have caused this.
- I have been diagnosed with prostate cancer
(Asked by a 75 year old man who has Cancer - Prostate, and takes Enbrel)
already on enbrel, doing well do not want to stop, but diagnosed with prostate ca. Should I stop
- Do all rheumatoid arthritis drugs cause shortness of breath or panic?
(Asked by a 68 year old woman who has Lung Disease - Rheumatoid Arthritis, and takes Enbrel, Humira, Methotrexate, Orencia)
Took methotrexate from 2007 until 2011 and caused shortness of breath. Switched to Humira, better on pain and then Enbrel. All caused shortness of breath and was hospitalized. I have lung damage and on oxygen 24/7. Taking infusion therapy, but get severe panic attacks. Can't tolerate the pain o ...
More questions for: Enbrel, Nightmares
You may be interested at these reviews (Write a review):
- Hair loss with enbrel
(Posted by a 58 year old woman who has Hair Loss, Psoriatic Arthritis, and takes Enbrel)
I have been on Enbrel for 4 months and started seeing significant hair thinning at the second month of treatments (50 mg once per week). My Rhuematologist suggested 800 mcg of folic acid. I am still losing hair although I am feeling so much better.
- Lipitor weight loss/ lisinipril ed issue
(Posted by a 62 year old man who has Erection Problems, Bad Dreams, Weight Loss, and takes Lisinopril, Lipitor)
40 mg Lipitor for two months caused 8 pounds weight loss,thoughts of losing my mind ,racing heart rate,mental confusion,emergency visits twice,never in my life have gone to hospital by ambulance..5'11 178 BM 17 ,faithful gym rat ,all test ruled out physical issues,informed doctor, he didn't feel Lip ...
- Etanercept and irritability
(Posted by a 73 year old man who has Irritability, Psoriasis, Psoriatic Arthropathy For 55years., and takes Enbrel)
I have been on Etanercept for 8 years for Psoriasis. Previous to this I was on
Methotrexate, Cyclosporine, Retinodes and ACTH injections.Since being on 25mg twice a week I have been 98% clear.The only side effect to date is "Irritability" which lasts about 24hrs.
This Drug has been my saving grac ...
- Humira: my experience
(Posted by a 66 year old man who has Ankylosing Spondylitis, Reiter's Syndrome, Psoriatic Arthritis, and takes Methotrexate Preservative Free, Enbrel, Humira)
I have had some form of arthritis probably since birth. My father and maternal grandfather had some form of arthritis. I began to realize pain in both ankles if I stood or walked too long.
I began taking many NSAIDs when I was around 22. I've done gold, prednisone (twice), plaquenil, butazoidin, ...
- Higher than a kite, and dumber than one of those saying i can no longer remember!
(Posted by a 33 year old woman who has Hallucination, Visual, Dissociative Identity Disorder, Disturbance In Attention, Dissociative Amnesia, Hypomania, Sexual Dysfunction, Hallucinations, Nightmares, Memory Loss, Memory Impairment, Tremor, Mydriasis, and takes Pristiq)
I told my shrink I didn't want to try anymore antidepressants... that they make me crazy-stupid(pristiq), crazy-nympho(wellbutrin), or crazy-sloth(lexapro). I have complex ptsd, did, and gad. I really don't want to take anything... I just want to work out, eat right, and try to put myself back on tr ...
More reviews for: Enbrel, Nightmares
- A study of side effects of Daytrana for a patient with Hyperness Adhd. The patient has Bad Dreams (unpleasant dreams)
Comments: My son also has epilepsy. His seisures are always under control with the same medication (Depakote) Depakote never gave any side effects. These dreams came on when he started taking methylphenidate er
- A study of side effects of Lorazepam for a patient with Insomnia. The patient has Rebound Effect (take-back effect), Dopey Drowsy, Bad Dreams (unpleasant dreams), Aggression Aggravated, Drug Dependence, Sudden Forgetfulness, Increased Appetite (increased appetite is when you want to eat much more often or in larger quantities than your body requires), Depression
Comments: I have been on lorazepam for about almost 8 months. I used it since march because of me losing sleep and having panic attacks in middle or during my sleep. I also used it for anxiety. I was once in er for having panic attacks and they gave me this and other medicines I was on was lexapro and that di ...
- A study of side effects of Simcor for a patient with Hyperlipidemia. The patient has Bad Dreams (unpleasant dreams)
Comments: Almost every night I have real bizarre dreams. My dreams have been classified as nightmares by a psychologist (discussions during marriage counseling). I often kick my feet and legs; I sometimes sit bolt upright in bed and wave my arms around. Sometimes I wake up suddenly, frightened and in a physi ...
- A study of side effects of Bystolic for a patient with Hypertension. The patient has Confusion, Nightmares (unpleasant dreams), Insomnia (sleeplessness), Joint Pain, Eyes - Dry (lack of adequate tears), Dry Mouth, Feeling Hot And Cold, Dizziness, Tremor (trembling or shaking movements in one or more parts of your body), Cold Exposure - Extremities (damage is caused to skin and other tissues due to freezing), Fatigue (feeling of tiredness), Hair Loss, Vision Blurred, Headache (pain in head)
Comments: Bystolic was effective in lowering my blood pressure. However, this drug has caused HORRIFIC problems for me. I have never had anything affect me so adversely. I believe that at first I was metabolizing it well, but after a couple of weeks I felt poisoned. It has been 5 months since I stopped ta ...
- A study of drug interactions between Enbrel, Atenolol for a patient with Ankylosing Spondylitis, Rapid Heart Beat. The patient has Extreme Dizziness Really Bad With Deep Breath And Regular Breathing And Causes Cough Sometimes
Comments: Started and got gradually worse and doesn't go away. Use to come and go . Extreme dizziness sometimes I feel faint and vision gets kinda double almost. Been going on for 3 weeks. Can't take heart meds cause pulse is 65 but blood pressure is running 127/97
More related studies for: Enbrel, Nightmares
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.