Enbrel and Skin rash - from FDA reports
Skin rash is found among people who take Enbrel, especially for people who are female, 60+ old , have been taking the drug for 1 - 6 months, also take medication Methotrexate, and have Psoriatic arthropathy. This review analyzes which people have Skin rash with Enbrel. It is created by eHealthMe based on reports of 423,830 people who have side effects when taking Enbrel from FDA , and is updated regularly.
What to expect?
You are not alone!
Personalized health information
On eHealthMe you can find out what patients like me (same gender, age) reported their drugs and conditions on FDA since 1977. Our tools are simple to use, anonymous and free. Start now >>>
On Sep, 21, 2017
423,830 people reported to have side effects when taking Enbrel.
Among them, 12,973 people (3.06%) have Skin rash
Number of reports submitted per year:
Time on Enbrel when people have Skin rash *:
- < 1 month: 23.6 %
- 1 - 6 months: 34.47 %
- 6 - 12 months: 11.03 %
- 1 - 2 years: 9.89 %
- 2 - 5 years: 11.31 %
- 5 - 10 years: 6.95 %
- 10+ years: 2.75 %
Gender of people who have Skin rash when taking Enbrel *:
- female: 77.1 %
- male: 22.9 %
Age of people who have Skin rash when taking Enbrel *:
- 0-1: 0.06 %
- 2-9: 0.64 %
- 10-19: 2.14 %
- 20-29: 3.46 %
- 30-39: 7.79 %
- 40-49: 17.05 %
- 50-59: 31.28 %
- 60+: 37.55 %
Top conditions involved for these people *:
- Psoriatic Arthropathy (1,819 people, 14.02%)
- Ankylosing Spondylitis (693 people, 5.34%)
- Juvenile Rheumatoid Arthritis (173 people, 1.33%)
- High Blood Pressure (147 people, 1.13%)
- Pain (138 people, 1.06%)
Top co-used drugs for these people *:
- Methotrexate (1,598 people, 12.32%)
- Humira (786 people, 6.06%)
- Arava (379 people, 2.92%)
- Plaquenil (371 people, 2.86%)
- Orencia (337 people, 2.60%)
Top other side effects for these people *:
- Itching (2,047 people, 15.78%)
- Joint Pain (1,347 people, 10.38%)
- Pain (1,258 people, 9.70%)
- Injection Site Erythema (1,227 people, 9.46%)
- Injection Site Pain (1,082 people, 8.34%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Subscribe to the study: get notified of updates to the study.
Do you have Skin rash when taking Enbrel?
- Check symptoms - is skin rash caused by a drug or a condition?
- Get alerts to symptoms - forecast your symptoms and get alerts
- Join related support groups - you are not alone, join a support group on ehealth.me
- Report the side effect - help people in need and in real time
- Ask a question - ask a question related to the study
- write a review - share your experience related to the study
- More tools...
Expand the study to include all drugs with the same ingredientsSkin rash and drugs with ingredients of etanercept.
Expand the study to include reports from both FDA and eHealthMeSkin rash and Enbrel from FDA and eHealthMe reports
Enbrel has active ingredients of etanercept. It is often used in rheumatoid arthritis. (latest outcomes from Enbrel 425,310 users)
Skin rash has been reported by people with rheumatoid arthritis, high blood pressure, multiple sclerosis, hepatitis c, high blood cholesterol (latest reports from 290,935 Skin rash patients).
Browse all side effects of Enbrela b c d e f g h i j k l m n o p q r s t u v w x y z
Drugs that are associated with Skin rashSkin rash
Could your condition cause Skin rashSkin rash
What would happen?
Questions to the study
Has anyone experienced excitability with heart racing and chest pain on enbrel. Have stopped the drug but it still continues once in awhile along with stomach pain and nausea. Been off it for 1 month today.
User reviews to the study
Hi, I have been on Enbrel for 14 weeks and my hair is already falling out. I am not happy. Because my system developed anti-bodies against Humira after 9 years and Methotrexate caused liver damage I have been taken off both. Never experienced hair loss with those drugs.
I was taking Asacol and was happy then insurance made me switch to lilada. I was on it for 1yr then started getting a rash. The derm took a bipo of my rash and it came back hyper senestivty reaction. I went off Lilada and rash seems to better worse. Do you think it gets worse before getting ...
Hello friends. I've just been diagnosed with AIDS and was put on triumeq and bactrim. About 2 weeks after taking them, I started having really itchy bumps on my face, chest and back. Would this ever stop? My HLBLA was tested negative, I wonder why I still have the rash. How long is it going to ...