Home > Enbrel > Stevens-johnson syndrome > Enbrel and Stevens-johnson syndrome
Review: could Enbrel cause Stevens-johnson syndrome (Erythema multiforme)?
We study 174,947 people who have side effects while taking Enbrel from FDA and social media. Among them, 142 have Stevens-johnson syndrome. Find out below who they are, when they have Stevens-johnson syndrome and more.
Get connected: join a mobile support group for people who take Enbrel and have Stevens-johnson syndrome >>>
Enbrel (latest outcomes from 175,509 users) has active ingredients of etanercept. It is often used in rheumatoid arthritis.
Stevens-johnson syndrome (an immune-complex-mediated hypersensitivity disorder. it ranges from mild skin and mucous membrane lesions to a severe) (latest reports from 136,145 patients) has been reported by people with convulsion, high blood pressure, epilepsy, ill-defined disorder, fever.
On Oct, 26, 2014: 174,947 people reported to have side effects when taking Enbrel. Among them, 142 people (0.08%) have Stevens-johnson Syndrome.
Time on Enbrel when people have Stevens-johnson syndrome * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years |
|Stevens-johnson syndrome||41.12%||32.71%||1.87%||7.48%||14.02%||0.93%||1.87% |
Gender of people who have Stevens-johnson syndrome when taking Enbrel * :
|Stevens-johnson syndrome||74.84%||25.16% |
Age of people who have Stevens-johnson syndrome when taking Enbrel * :
|Stevens-johnson syndrome||0.00%||0.00%||14.02%||8.41%||10.28%||14.02%||24.30%||28.97% |
Severity of Stevens-johnson syndrome when taking Enbrel ** :
How people recovered from Stevens-johnson syndrome ** :
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Rheumatoid arthritis (77 people, 54.23%)
- Still's disease adult onset (18 people, 12.68%)
- Psoriatic arthropathy (16 people, 11.27%)
- Arthritis (14 people, 9.86%)
- Psoriasis (13 people, 9.15%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Methotrexate (49 people, 34.51%)
- Prednisolone (31 people, 21.83%)
- Isoniazid (27 people, 19.01%)
- Folic acid (20 people, 14.08%)
- Sol-melcort (18 people, 12.68%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Do you have Stevens-johnson Syndrome while taking Enbrel?
Get connected! Join a mobile support group:
- support group for people who take Enbrel and have Stevens-johnson Syndrome
- support group for people who take Enbrel
- support group for people who have Stevens-johnson Syndrome
Comments from related studies:
From this study (3 days ago):
White And crusty on outside. Discharge coming out of ears.Itching
From this study (4 days ago):
bone fracture in foot with no identifiable cause (no injury ???)
From this study (1 month ago):
I have had low blood sugar and I have psoriatic arthritis and take Enbrel. Is it related
Post a new comment OR Read more comments
Can you answer these questions (what is this?):
More questions for: Enbrel, Stevens-johnson syndrome
You may be interested at these reviews (what is this?):
- Humira: my experience
I have had some form of arthritis probably since birth. My father and maternal grandfather had some form of arthritis. I began to realize pain in both ankles if I stood or walked too long.
I began taking many NSAIDs when I was around 22. I've done gold, prednisone (twice), plaquenil, butazoidin, ...
- Vasculitis from enbrel
I have deep scars on my legs from vasculitis. This was caused by Enbrel. Initially no one would connect the two: per my rheumatologist 'no one has ever reported vasculitis as a side effect of enbrel.' (2003)
I had to suspend the enbrel for 8 weeks in preparation for complex abdominal surgery. The ...
- Aleve and erythema multiforme
I started exercising (walking outside)and due to sore knees I started taking Aleve. Within days I developed blisters on my chest, back, face, and inside my mouth. Mouth blisters were severe enough that I could only consume liquids. After 7-10 days the blisters scabbed over. This occurred three t ...
More reviews for: Enbrel, Stevens-johnson syndrome
On eHealthMe, Enbrel (etanercept) is often used for rheumatoid arthritis. Find out below the conditions Enbrel is used for, how effective it is, and any alternative drugs that you can use to treat those same conditions.
What is Enbrel used for and how effective is it:
Other drugs that are used to treat the same conditions:
Could it be a symptom from a condition:
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause it?
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.
44 million health professionals and patients have studied on eHealthMe. Recent studies:
- Lansoprazole for a 33-year old woman who has Stomach Pain (49 minutes ago)
- Bactrim Ds, Sprintec for a 22-year old woman who has Urinary Tract Infection, Pregnancy (49 minutes ago)
- Vyvanse, Vistaril, Seroquel Xr, Trileptal for a 17-year old girl who has ADHD, Anxiety, Apprehension, Feeling Uptight, Jitters, Stress, Stress And Anxiety, Tension, Bipolar, Adjustment Disorder With Mixed Anxiety And Depressed Mood (1 hour ago)
Recent mobile support groups
- Interstitial Cystitis (ic)
- Clopidogrel Bisulfate and Peripheral Neuropathy
- Mucinex and Double Vision
- Chest Pain
Recent user comments
- "My ears were bothering me last week and were clogged ... " (2 hours ago)
- "Had clogged ears with ear wax this week. Got them cle ... " (3 hours ago)
- "My son also has epilepsy. His seisures are always un ... " (4 hours ago)
- Wrinkles Aging Changes
- Abnormal Orgasm Female
- Benazepril Hydrochloride 20mg