Enoxaparin sodium and Encephalopathy - from FDA reports
Encephalopathy is found among people who take Enoxaparin sodium, especially for people who are male, 60+ old , have been taking the drug for < 1 month, also take medication Warfarin Sodium, and have Glioblastoma multiforme. This review analyzes which people have Encephalopathy with Enoxaparin sodium. It is created by eHealthMe based on reports of 10,784 people who have side effects when taking Enoxaparin sodium from FDA , and is updated regularly.
What to expect?
You are not alone!
Personalized health information
On eHealthMe you can find out what patients like me (same gender, age) reported their drugs and conditions on FDA since 1977. Our tools are simple to use, anonymous and free. Start now >>>
On Oct, 12, 2017
10,784 people reported to have side effects when taking Enoxaparin sodium.
Among them, 45 people (0.42%) have Encephalopathy
Number of reports submitted per year:
Time on Enoxaparin sodium when people have Encephalopathy *:
- < 1 month: 66.67 %
- 1 - 6 months: 33.33 %
- 6 - 12 months: 0.0 %
- 1 - 2 years: 0.0 %
- 2 - 5 years: 0.0 %
- 5 - 10 years: 0.0 %
- 10+ years: 0.0 %
Gender of people who have Encephalopathy when taking Enoxaparin sodium *:
- female: 38.1 %
- male: 61.9 %
Age of people who have Encephalopathy when taking Enoxaparin sodium *:
- 0-1: 0.0 %
- 2-9: 0.0 %
- 10-19: 0.0 %
- 20-29: 0.0 %
- 30-39: 6.06 %
- 40-49: 0.0 %
- 50-59: 30.3 %
- 60+: 63.64 %
Top conditions involved for these people *:
- Glioblastoma Multiforme (9 people, 20.00%)
- Renal Cell Carcinoma Stage Unspecified (3 people, 6.67%)
- Pain (2 people, 4.44%)
- Hiv Infection (2 people, 4.44%)
- Hepatitis C (2 people, 4.44%)
Top co-used drugs for these people *:
- Warfarin Sodium (10 people, 22.22%)
- Valsartan (9 people, 20.00%)
- Synthroid (9 people, 20.00%)
- Decadron (8 people, 17.78%)
- Alprazolam (8 people, 17.78%)
Top other side effects for these people *:
- Confusional State (12 people, 26.67%)
- Speech Impairment (adult) (11 people, 24.44%)
- Cerebral Haemorrhage (10 people, 22.22%)
- Weight Decreased (9 people, 20.00%)
- Headache (9 people, 20.00%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Subscribe to the study: get notified of updates to the study.
Do you have Encephalopathy when taking Enoxaparin sodium?
- Check symptoms - is encephalopathy caused by a drug or a condition?
- Get alerts to symptoms - forecast your symptoms and get alerts
- Join related support groups - you are not alone, join a support group on ehealth.me
- Report the side effect - help people in need and in real time
- Ask a question - ask a question related to the study
- write a review - share your experience related to the study
- More tools...
Expand the study to include all drugs with the same ingredientsEncephalopathy and drugs with ingredients of enoxaparin sodium.
Expand the study to include reports from both FDA and eHealthMeEncephalopathy and Enoxaparin sodium from FDA and eHealthMe reports
Enoxaparin sodium has active ingredients of enoxaparin sodium. It is often used in deep venous thrombosis. (latest outcomes from Enoxaparin sodium 10,847 users)
Encephalopathy (functioning of the brain is affected by some agent or condition) has been reported by people with high blood pressure, herpes zoster, depression, pain, hepatitis c (latest reports from 14,280 Encephalopathy patients).
Browse all side effects of Enoxaparin sodiuma b c d e f g h i j k l m n o p q r s t u v w x y z
Drugs that are associated with EncephalopathyEncephalopathy
Could your condition cause EncephalopathyEncephalopathy
What would happen?
User reviews to the study
I am on Clexane and a cancer medication called Erlotinib.As I am experiencing ha severe leg cramps at night, my doctor has prescribed Quinine tablets. Has anyone had a bad reaction? Is it worth a try?
Dir sirs, I´d like to contact you because I am geriatrician and have seen a patient with lung adenocarcinoma who was taking Iressa and start with sudden fixed sight and posible transient isquemic attack for three times. After them, he started to be non concious or with low level of ...
My husband died earlier this year. He suffered from toxic and metabolic encephalopathy. It became acute in his late 50's (he turned 60 the week before his death). He took zooloft for many years for depression. My journey during the often life threatening symptoms to understand the what, the ...