Review: could Erythromycin cause Increased appetite (Appetite - increased)?
Summary: Increased appetite is found among people who take Erythromycin, especially for people who are female, 40-49 old, also take medication Zyprexa, and have Bipolar disorder.
We study 1,434 people who have side effects while taking Erythromycin from FDA and social media. Among them, 7 have Increased appetite. Find out below who they are, when they have Increased appetite and more.
You are not alone: join a mobile support group for people who take Erythromycin and have Increased appetite >>>
Erythromycin has active ingredients of erythromycin. It is often used in acne. (latest outcomes from Erythromycin 1,724 users)
Increased appetite (increased appetite is when you want to eat much more often or in larger quantities than your body requires) has been reported by people with type 2 diabetes, depression, quit smoking, high blood pressure, bipolar disorder.(latest reports from Increased appetite 9,228 patients)
On Nov, 26, 2014: 1,431 people reported to have side effects when taking Erythromycin. Among them, 7 people (0.49%) have Increased Appetite.
Time on Erythromycin when people have Increased appetite * :
Gender of people who have Increased appetite when taking Erythromycin * :
|Increased appetite||85.71%||14.29% |
Age of people who have Increased appetite when taking Erythromycin * :
|Increased appetite||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||28.57%||0.00%||42.86%||28.57%||0.00% |
Severity of Increased appetite when taking Erythromycin ** :
How people recovered from Increased appetite ** :
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Bipolar disorder (3 people, 42.86%)
- Bipolar i disorder (1 people, 14.29%)
- Contraception (1 people, 14.29%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Zyprexa (6 people, 85.71%)
- Paxil (6 people, 85.71%)
- Zantac (6 people, 85.71%)
- Risperdal (3 people, 42.86%)
- Antabuse (3 people, 42.86%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Do you have Increased Appetite while taking Erythromycin?
You are not alone! Join a mobile support group:
- support group for people who take Erythromycin and have Increased Appetite
- support group for people who take Erythromycin
- support group for people who have Increased Appetite
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause:
Can you answer these questions (Ask a question):
- Are an increase in appetite & tiredness side effects of the birth control tri-sprintec?
In the past I have taken the birth control Ortho Tri-Cyclen Lo and have never had any problems. I just switched to the generic brand, Tri-sprintec. I have now officially been taking Tri-Sprintec for 2 months. I recently started to notice that my appetite has increased and I've been eating A LOT more than normal; I have definitely started to gain weight. I also have been a lot more tired than usual.
- Hunger from tylenol and coedine? (1 answer)
I'm 17 years old and I started taking Acetaminophen w/ Codeine No. 3 for pain due to complications from wisdom tooth extraction (I had two dry sockets and one of them was infected). I don't have any known allergies to medication, though I do take about 10 different medications for severe season allergies. Since starting the medication, however, I have noticed that around an hour afterwards, I started having a great deal of hunger and was drowsy about a half hour after taking the pill.
I just wanted to know. Are these normal side effects people have with this medication or is it just me?
- Does donepezil cause increased appetite?
I WOULD SIMPLY LIKE TO KNOW IF DONEPEZIL CAUSES AN INCREASE IN APPETITE!!
WOULD APPRECIATE YOUR ANSWER SOON AND APPRECIATE YOUR TIME. THANK YOU VERY MUCH
FOR YOUR HELP!!!!
- Does erythromycin cause pain in ribs ?! (1 answer)
i have been taking erythromycin for two days now this is my second day , i have an ear and throat infection after taking the medication i had a terrible headache my throat pain is a bit better though i can feel that but i woke up this morning and i feel pain in my ribs when i take a deep breath and when i move ..is that normal ??? i'm realy scared its only my second day and i have to take it for 10 days and its a 500 mg tablet 3 tablets a day .. should i stop it or is it just its normal side effects ?? please help me .
- Does erythromicin cause restless leg syndrome
I am suffering with restless leg syndrome at night. My legs ache and feel tingly and restless it is affecting my spleep. Do you think this is linked to my erythromicin that I am taking?
More questions for: Erythromycin, Increased appetite
You may be interested at these reviews (Write a review):
- Illosone adverse effect
When I was a child I had a chest infection and was placed on Illosone (a variant of erythromycin in same class as Biaxin). As a result of this medication I was found to have developed Thrombocytopenia purpura. At the time my teachers were certain I was being hit at home by my parents after a smack on my bottom that day that resulted in large bruises. The authorities were consulted and I was subsequently taken to the doctors. When the blood pressure cuff caused a bruise, they knew something was wrong. A hospital visit and platelet transfusion later as well as a warning to stay away from this med I was recovering. I later developed an allergy to penicillin as well and still bruise extremely easily to this day.
More reviews for: Erythromycin, Increased appetite
Comments from related drug studies (Check your drugs):
- I have been on lorazepam for about almost 8 months. I used it since march because of me losing sleep and having panic attacks in middle or during my sleep. I also used it for anxiety. I was once in er for having panic attacks and they gave me this and other medicines I was on was lexapro and that di ...
- I am hungry all the time, no matter what I eat I am still hungry. I have gained 50 pounds in the past 6 months and I am always hungry. I do not crave anything just constant hunger pains. If i try to ignore them I get light headed and nauseous.
- When my father passed away I was prescribed Diazepam which helped with anxiety. I had also lost my appetite and thanks to Diazepam I take 2mg 15 minutes before dinner and can always eat and finish my food. If I stopped taking Diazepam I would probably not be able to eat as much. I've been on Diaze ...
- occasional wrist, hip and thumb pain no pain meds neeeded but after third day on predisone for protacted migraine everyday and continued pain. Pain like that after surgery. Now have very little use of left wrist. Pain in hip now always when I recline.
- I am currently taking Erythromycin Base 500 MG tablets (1 tab, 3 times a day) for a tooth infection. I know from previous use the metallic taste will disappear after I stop taking the drug. I tend (and my Doc is aware) to take only 2 a day, but still have icky metallic taste in my mouth. If it didn' ...
More related studies for: Erythromycin, Increased appetite
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.