Home > Erythromycin > Tachycardia > Erythromycin and Tachycardia
Review: could Erythromycin cause Tachycardia?
Summary: Tachycardia is found among people who take Erythromycin, especially for people who are female, 30-39 old, have been taking the drug for < 1 month, also take medication Accutane, and have Acne cystic.
We study 1,431 people who have side effects while taking Erythromycin from FDA and social media. Among them, 25 have Tachycardia. Find out below who they are, when they have Tachycardia and more.
You are not alone: join a mobile support group for people who take Erythromycin and have Tachycardia >>>
Erythromycin (latest outcomes from 1,723 users) has active ingredients of erythromycin. It is often used in acne.
Tachycardia (a heart rate that exceeds the range of 100 beats/min) (latest reports from 264,062 patients) has been reported by people with high blood pressure, depression, schizophrenia, pain, osteoporosis.
On Oct, 31, 2014: 1,431 people reported to have side effects when taking Erythromycin. Among them, 25 people (1.75%) have Tachycardia.
Time on Erythromycin when people have Tachycardia * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years |
Gender of people who have Tachycardia when taking Erythromycin * :
Age of people who have Tachycardia when taking Erythromycin * :
Severity of Tachycardia when taking Erythromycin ** :
How people recovered from Tachycardia ** :
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Acne cystic (5 people, 20.00%)
- Acne (4 people, 16.00%)
- Bipolar disorder (4 people, 16.00%)
- Ill-defined disorder (3 people, 12.00%)
- Sedation (2 people, 8.00%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Accutane (9 people, 36.00%)
- Cleocin t (9 people, 36.00%)
- Ceftriaxone (4 people, 16.00%)
- Benzaclin (4 people, 16.00%)
- Minocin (4 people, 16.00%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Do you have Tachycardia while taking Erythromycin?
You are not alone! Join a mobile support group:
- support group for people who take Erythromycin and have Tachycardia
- support group for people who take Erythromycin
- support group for people who have Tachycardia
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause:
Can you answer these questions (Ask a question):
- Has abilify affected your ability to make good decisions?
(Asked by a 73 year old woman who has Tachycardia, Depression, Fibromyalgia, Anemia, Barrett's Esophagus, Temporal Arteritis, Restless Leg Syndrome, Disautonomia, Autoimmune Retinopathy, Polymyalgia Rheumatica, Myasthenia Gravis, Addison's Disease, and takes Abilify)
My husband and I are 73. We had a paid off home and money in the bank until the past 3 years. We have made some terrible decisions and now we are practically penniless. We couldn't understand why we had made such bad decisions and let someone talk us into losing our money. We have also been on A ...
- Anyone had low hemaglobin or high white count with lamictal?
(Asked by a 27 year old man who has Bipolar, Tachycardia, and takes Abilify, Nadolol, Lamictal)
I have been taking Lamictal for about four years now and it works great for bipolar, but my CBC labs have been messed up some since than. The size of my red cells or MCV and MCHC are lower than normal and RDW is higher than normal so I have a slightly microcytic red cell. My hemoglobin has also co ...
- Does erythromycin cause pain in ribs ?!
(Asked by a 19 year old girl who has Medications To Have At Home, I Have An Ear And Throat Infection, and takes Erythromycin)
i have been taking erythromycin for two days now this is my second day , i have an ear and throat infection after taking the medication i had a terrible headache my throat pain is a bit better though i can feel that but i woke up this morning and i feel pain in my ribs when i take a deep br ...
- Should i take activella 1/.5 for menapause symptoms? i have tachycardia and a strong family history of heart disease and problems.
(Asked by a 48 year old woman who has Tachycardia, Menapause, Asthma, Rheumatoid Arthritis, Diabetes, Fibromyalgia, High Blood Pressure, High Blood Cholesterol, and takes Prednisone, Cardizem, Ventolin, Metformin, Claritin, Macrobid, Dulera, Zanaflex, Actemra, Vitamin D, Edta)
I am trying to decide if I should take Activella 1/.5 for treatment of Menapause symptoms that are driving me nuts. I have been struggling with hot flashes and night sweats along with dryness, and difficulty sleeping. My doctor told me that since I am 48 and already about a year into this that tre ...
- How has tachycardia affected you
(Asked by a 63 year old woman who has Tachycardia, and takes Vitamin D)
Just wanted to know reactions to diagnosis and treatment, I am allergic to heart medicines that are channel blockers, dont want ablation.
More questions for: Erythromycin, Tachycardia
You may be interested at these reviews (Write a review):
- Heavy sweating during sleep
(Posted by a 62 year old man who has Stent 3 Years Ago RCA, Heart Attack, Prostate Infection, Fractures Nonunion, Tachycardia, Low Blood Pressure, Sweating - Excessive, and takes Saw Palmetto Berry, Valium, Norco, Soma)
Pain killers like Tylenol 3, vicodin 20 years, Valium and Soma 12 years. Sweat heavy during sleep.
- Illosone adverse effect
(Posted by a 38 year old woman who has Thrombocytopenic Purpura, and takes Erythromycin)
When I was a child I had a chest infection and was placed on Illosone (a variant of erythromycin in same class as Biaxin). As a result of this medication I was found to have developed Thrombocytopenia purpura. At the time my teachers were certain I was being hit at home by my parents after a smack o ...
- Hypercalcemia during use of fluconizole over 6 months
(Posted by a 66 year old woman who has Nausea And Vomiting, Tachycardia, Hypercalcemia, and takes Fluconazole, Cartia Xt, Benicar, Coumadin, Cymbalta)
Post diverticulitis surgery multiple my mother was on multiple antibiotics but the most consistent one was Fluconizole. After release, she was slowly taken off other antibiotics being left on Fluconizole for abscesses that would not go away and eventually needed to be surgically removed. After rep ...
- My near-death experience with disopyramide phosphate
(Posted by a 71 year old woman who has Hypertrophic Cardiomyopathy, Atrial Fibrillation, Tachycardia, and takes Disopyramide Phosphate)
I experienced extreme toxicity requiring Emergency Room treatment and intensive care (6 days). I was not expected to live, with liver and kidney failure and hypoglycemia (Glucose level was 27 before entering hospital). A Billings, Montana cardiologist prescribed Disopyramide Phosphate in August 2011 ...
More reviews for: Erythromycin, Tachycardia
- A study of drug interactions between Methamphetamine Hydrochloride, Strattera, Ritalin, Phentermine, Amitriptyline Hydrochloride, Zorvolex, Olanzapine, Seroquel Xr, Propranolol Hydrochloride, Perindopril Erbumine, Lamotrigine, Mirtazapine for a patient with Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder, Obesity, Insomnia, Arthritis, Generalised Anxiety Disorder. The patient has Bipolar 1, Major Depressive Disorder, Tachycardia, Sleeplessness, Diabetes, Obesity, Attention Deficit/hyperactivity Disorder, Insomnia, Generalised Anxiety Disorder
Comments: i'm pretty much the most comlex case 4 psychiatrists, 3 psychologists, a nuero scientist/adult mood disorder specialised doctor, 3 gp's, 2 naturopaths and an adhd specialist have ever come accross. i'm basically a pharmacy on legs with over 32types of medications tried in 13 months including those i ...
- A study of drug interactions between Lamictal Odt, Adderall Xr 15 for a patient with Bipolar 2, Add. The patient has Libido Increased, Tachycardia, Acne, Distractibility
Comments: When I increased my lamictal dosage to 200, my libido sky rocketted. It started with fantasies, very real feeling sexual fantasies that brought me the bring of orgasm. I didn't mind it cause I had a partner and he was happy. However, it increased substantially and so I asked my psychiatrist to lo ...
- A study of side effects of Indapamide for a patient with Hypertension. The patient has Tachycardia (a heart rate that exceeds the range of 100 beats/min)
Comments: I took two daily doses of Indapamide 2.5mg. On the second day I began feeling very nauseous. I decided to take one Prochloperazine tablet before bed, to ease the nausea. Unfortunately this, in combination with the Indapamide, taken in the morning, produced severe tachycardia (fast pulse) which la ...
- A study of drug interactions between Savella, Vicodin, Ortho Tri-cyclen 28, Vitamin C for a patient with Fibromyalgia, Pain Management, Birth Control. The patient has Tachycardia, Chest Pain, Anxiety, Hypertension, Drug Withdrawal Syndrome, Palpitations, Ophthalmoplegic Migraine
Comments: Given savella for fibromyalgia. It worked for a few months until I became suicidal and it didnt help my pain at all anymore. Taking Vicodin 5/500 2x a day for over a year to quell the severe nerve pain so I can function. Had ophthalmoplegic migraine, face was numb, as was L arm and leg, couldnt see ...
More related studies for: Erythromycin, Tachycardia
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.