Erythromycin and Tachycardia - from FDA reports
Tachycardia is found among people who take Erythromycin, especially for people who are female, 60+ old , have been taking the drug for < 1 month, also take medication Aspirin, and have Asthma. This review analyzes which people have Tachycardia with Erythromycin. It is created by eHealthMe based on reports of 7,589 people who have side effects when taking Erythromycin from FDA, and is updated regularly.
What to expect?
You are not alone!
Personalized health information
On eHealthMe you can find out what patients like me (same gender, age) reported their drugs and conditions on FDA since 1977. Our tools are simple to use, anonymous and free. Start now >>>
On Jul, 22, 2017
7,589 people reported to have side effects when taking Erythromycin.
Among them, 205 people (2.7%) have Tachycardia
Number of reports submitted per year:
Time on Erythromycin when people have Tachycardia *:
- < 1 month: 90.48 %
- 1 - 6 months: 4.76 %
- 6 - 12 months: 0.0 %
- 1 - 2 years: 0.0 %
- 2 - 5 years: 0.0 %
- 5 - 10 years: 0.0 %
- 10+ years: 4.76 %
Gender of people who have Tachycardia when taking Erythromycin *:
- female: 56.28 %
- male: 43.72 %
Age of people who have Tachycardia when taking Erythromycin *:
- 0-1: 5.65 %
- 2-9: 2.26 %
- 10-19: 5.08 %
- 20-29: 5.08 %
- 30-39: 8.47 %
- 40-49: 8.47 %
- 50-59: 14.69 %
- 60+: 50.28 %
Top conditions involved for these people *:
- Asthma (12 people, 5.85%)
- Prostate Cancer Metastatic (9 people, 4.39%)
- Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disease (9 people, 4.39%)
- Bone Neoplasm Malignant (8 people, 3.90%)
- High Blood Pressure (6 people, 2.93%)
Top co-used drugs for these people *:
- Aspirin (35 people, 17.07%)
- Digoxin (29 people, 14.15%)
- Furosemide (27 people, 13.17%)
- Lasix (23 people, 11.22%)
- Zometa (18 people, 8.78%)
Top other side effects for these people *:
- Weakness (54 people, 26.34%)
- Nausea (44 people, 21.46%)
- Hypotension (43 people, 20.98%)
- Stress And Anxiety (39 people, 19.02%)
- Chest Pain (35 people, 17.07%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Do you have Tachycardia when taking Erythromycin?
Erythromycin has active ingredients of erythromycin. It is often used in acne. (latest outcomes from Erythromycin 8,036 users)
Tachycardia (a heart rate that exceeds the range of 100 beats/min) has been reported by people with high blood pressure, depression, pain, osteoporosis, atrial fibrillation/flutter (latest reports from 117,264 Tachycardia patients).