Could Erythromycin cause Tachycardia - from FDA reports
Tachycardia is found among people who take Erythromycin, especially for people who are female, 60+ old , have been taking the drug for < 1 month, also take medication Aspirin, and have Asthma . We study 7,682 people who have side effects while taking Erythromycin from FDA. Among them, 166 have Tachycardia. Find out below who they are, when they have Tachycardia and more.
Personalized health information
On eHealthMe you can find out what patients like me (same gender, age) reported their drugs and conditions on FDA since 1977. Our tools are simple to use, anonymous and free. Start now >>>
Erythromycin has active ingredients of erythromycin. It is often used in acne. (latest outcomes from Erythromycin 8,008 users)
Tachycardia (a heart rate that exceeds the range of 100 beats/min) has been reported by people with high blood pressure, depression, pain, atrial fibrillation/flutter, osteoporosis (latest reports from 111,430 Tachycardia patients).
On Nov, 20, 2016
7,682 people reported to have side effects when taking Erythromycin.
Among them, 166 people (2.16%) have Tachycardia
Number of reports submitted per year:
Time on Erythromycin when people have Tachycardia *:
- < 1 month: 90 %
- 1 - 6 months: 5 %
- 6 - 12 months: 0.0 %
- 1 - 2 years: 0.0 %
- 2 - 5 years: 0.0 %
- 5 - 10 years: 0.0 %
- 10+ years: 5 %
Gender of people who have Tachycardia when taking Erythromycin *:
- female: 52.8 %
- male: 47.2 %
Age of people who have Tachycardia when taking Erythromycin *:
- 0-1: 5.63 %
- 2-9: 2.11 %
- 10-19: 5.63 %
- 20-29: 5.63 %
- 30-39: 10.56 %
- 40-49: 7.04 %
- 50-59: 12.68 %
- 60+: 50.7 %
Top co-used drugs for these people *:
- Aspirin (35 people, 21.08%)
- Digoxin (24 people, 14.46%)
- Furosemide (22 people, 13.25%)
- Lasix (21 people, 12.65%)
- Zometa (18 people, 10.84%)
Forecasts by ePatient.care (We will alert you to new symptoms or undetected conditions when you take Erythromycin, learn more )
Potential co-existing conditions
- Asthma (12 people, 7.23%)
- Prostate Cancer Metastatic (9 people, 5.42%)
- Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disease (9 people, 5.42%)
Potential co-existing symptoms
- Weakness (45 people, 27.11%)
- Stress And Anxiety (39 people, 23.49%)
- Nausea (35 people, 21.08%)
- Chest Pain (35 people, 21.08%)
- Hypotension (34 people, 20.48%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Do you have Tachycardia when taking Erythromycin?
- Check symptoms - is tachycardia caused by a drug or a condition?
- Get alerts to symptoms - forecast your symptoms and get alerts
- Join related support groups - you are not alone, join a support group on ehealth.me
- Report the side effect - help people in need and in real time
- More tools...
Browse all side effects of Erythromycina b c d e f g h i j k l m n o p q r s t u v w x y z
Drugs that are associated with TachycardiaTachycardia
Could your condition cause TachycardiaTachycardia
Can you answer these questions?
1. After taking Allegra for approx. 10 years for urticaria ( skin rash ) I was able to find that present heart arrhythmia maybe due to the use of Allegra 180 mg Tablets 2. I need to get information on the relationship of Heart Arrhythmia due to use of Allegra - Oral - 180 mg Tablets to easy ...
am having a bradycardia of 60 beats/min since i started the sertraline of 50mg/day , am also having dyspnea and feeling tired all the time , this is so annoying , am asking if this is serious and if i should stop the sertraline .
My daughter took an overdose of Seroquel and Celexa almost a year ago. Later that day she had her first episode of arrhythmia. She has not taken seroquel since that day but the arrhythmia has not been corrected. She has been seeing a cardiologist who says this cannot be fixed. But the ...
Have been taking Atenolol for very high blood pressure and Arrythmia for 2 1/2 weeks, I have been feeling really tired, no motivation to do anything and lightheaded/dizzy, could this be because of the Atenolol?
I have been taking Omeprazole for a little over two years...in the last few months my PVC's have increased. I stopped taking Omeprazole and the missed beats also stopped. The only trouble with not taking the med is that my acid reflux is worse. Does anyone have any suggestions as to what ...
You may be interested in these reviews
1. After taking allegra for approx. 10 years for urticaria ( skin rash ) I was able to find that present heart arrhythmia maybe due to the use of Allegra 180 mg Tablets 2. I need to get information on the relationship of Heart Arrhythmia due to use of Allegra - Oral - 180 mg Tablets to easy ...
Hi, I'm 62, female, Chinese. Was prescribed Lipitor 40mg because of high cholesterol level by GP. I started having irregular heart rhythm almost immediately. I have decided not to take them, to live fully without experiencing irregular heart rhythm (very unpleasant sensation). If my high ...
My mother who had severe aortic stenosis died after taking amoxicillin for an upper respiratory tract infection. We are all left devastated as she was two weeks away from having a Tavi. She was a wonderful person . We had no support or advice from the nhs and were led to believe that any ...