Review: could Escitalopram oxalate cause High blood pressure?
Summary: High blood pressure is found among people who take Escitalopram oxalate, especially for people who are female, 60+ old, have been taking the drug for < 1 month, also take medication Mirtazapine, and have Depression.
We study 3,634 people who have side effects while taking Escitalopram oxalate from FDA and social media. Among them, 99 have High blood pressure. Find out below who they are, when they have High blood pressure and more.
You are not alone: join a support group for people who take Escitalopram oxalate and have High blood pressure >>>
Escitalopram Oxalate has active ingredients of escitalopram oxalate. It is often used in depression. (latest outcomes from 3,818 Escitalopram Oxalate users)
High blood pressure
High blood pressure has been reported by people with osteoporosis, depression, multiple sclerosis, pain, rheumatoid arthritis. (latest reports from 329,841 High blood pressure patients)
On Feb, 28, 2015: 3,633 people reported to have side effects when taking Escitalopram oxalate. Among them, 97 people (2.67%) have High Blood Pressure.
Time on Escitalopram oxalate when people have High blood pressure * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years |
|High blood pressure||76.92%||3.85%||11.54%||0.00%||0.00%||3.85%||3.85% |
Gender of people who have High blood pressure when taking Escitalopram oxalate * :
|High blood pressure||78.50%||21.50% |
Age of people who have High blood pressure when taking Escitalopram oxalate * :
|High blood pressure||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||1.94%||5.83%||27.18%||24.27%||40.78% |
Severity of High blood pressure when taking Escitalopram oxalate ** :
|least||moderate||severe||most severe |
|High blood pressure||0.00%||100.00%||0.00%||0.00% |
How people recovered from High blood pressure ** :
|while on the drug||after off the drug||not yet |
|High blood pressure||0.00%||0.00%||100.00% |
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Depression (28 people, 28.87%)
- Hypertension (16 people, 16.49%)
- Schizoaffective disorder (9 people, 9.28%)
- Bipolar i disorder (8 people, 8.25%)
- Fibromyalgia (6 people, 6.19%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Mirtazapine (19 people, 19.59%)
- Alprazolam (17 people, 17.53%)
- Zolpidem tartrate (15 people, 15.46%)
- Clonazepam (14 people, 14.43%)
- Aspirin (12 people, 12.37%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Get connected: join our support group of escitalopram oxalate and high blood pressure on
Do you have High Blood Pressure while taking Escitalopram Oxalate?
You are not alone! Join a support group on :
- support group for people who take Escitalopram oxalate and have High Blood Pressure
- support group for people who take Escitalopram oxalate
- support group for people who have High Blood Pressure
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause:
- A study of drug interactions between Lexapro, Tramadol, Lyrica for a 42-year old woman with Depression, Pain, Nerve Pain. The patient has Ocular Migraine, Nerve Pain, Shortness Of Breath, High Blood Pressure, Constipation, Chest Discomfort, Nausea
- A study of drug interactions between Mirena, Pantoprazole, Vyvanse, Divalproex, Escitalopram for a 30-year old woman with Birth Control, Ibs, Adhd, Bipolar Disorder, Depression. The patient has Lactation Disorder
- A study of side effects of Escitalopram for a 30-year old man with Borderline Personality Disorder. The patient has Hypersomnia
- A study of side effects of Loratadine for a 66-year old woman with Rhinitis Allergic. The patient has High Blood Pressure
- A study of drug interactions between Meloxicam, Diovan, Omeprazole, Zolpidem, Alprazolam, Provera, Zyrtec Allergy, Lexapro, Topamax for a 41-year old woman with Arthritis, High Blood Pressure, Gerd, Insomnia, Anxiety Disorder, Endometriosis, Allergic Sinusitis, Depression, Bipolar. The patient has Teeth Grinding And Clenching
Recent Escitalopram oxalate related drug comparison:
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.