Review: could Escitalopram oxalate cause Night sweats?
Summary: Night sweats is found among people who take Escitalopram oxalate, especially for people who are female, 60+ old, have been taking the drug for 1 - 6 months, also take medication Xyrem, and have Narcolepsy.
We study 3,634 people who have side effects while taking Escitalopram oxalate from FDA and social media. Among them, 16 have Night sweats. Find out below who they are, when they have Night sweats and more.
You are not alone: join a support group for people who take Escitalopram oxalate and have Night sweats >>>
Escitalopram Oxalate has active ingredients of escitalopram oxalate. It is often used in depression. (latest outcomes from 3,818 Escitalopram Oxalate users)
Night sweats (sweating in night) has been reported by people with depression, rheumatoid arthritis, pain, osteoporosis, high blood pressure. (latest reports from 10,668 Night sweats patients)
On Mar, 27, 2015: 3,634 people reported to have side effects when taking Escitalopram oxalate. Among them, 16 people (0.44%) have Night Sweats.
Time on Escitalopram oxalate when people have Night sweats * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years |
|Night sweats||44.44%||44.44%||0.00%||11.11%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00% |
Gender of people who have Night sweats when taking Escitalopram oxalate * :
|Night sweats||73.68%||26.32% |
Age of people who have Night sweats when taking Escitalopram oxalate * :
|Night sweats||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||16.67%||22.22%||11.11%||11.11%||38.89% |
Severity of Night sweats when taking Escitalopram oxalate ** :
|least||moderate||severe||most severe |
|Night sweats||0.00%||33.33%||66.67%||0.00% |
How people recovered from Night sweats ** :
|while on the drug||after off the drug||not yet |
|Night sweats||0.00%||0.00%||100.00% |
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Narcolepsy (5 people, 31.25%)
- Depression (5 people, 31.25%)
- Major depression (4 people, 25.00%)
- Hepatitis c (2 people, 12.50%)
- Alcohol use (2 people, 12.50%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Xyrem (5 people, 31.25%)
- Modafinil (2 people, 12.50%)
- Simcor (2 people, 12.50%)
- Ribavirin (2 people, 12.50%)
- Peginterferon alfa-2a (2 people, 12.50%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Do you have Night Sweats while taking Escitalopram Oxalate?
You are not alone! Join a mobile support group on :
- support group for people who take Escitalopram oxalate and have Night Sweats
- support group for people who take Escitalopram oxalate
- support group for people who have Night sweats
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause:
- A study of drug interactions between Lexapro, Wellbutrin, Vytorin, Benicar, Viagra for a 68-year old man with Depression, High Blood Cholesterol, High Blood Pressure, Ed. The patient has Vitreous Detachment, Retinal Tear
- A study of side effects of Lexapro for a 47-year old woman with Thyroxine Abnormal. The patient has Vaginal Itching
- A study of drug interactions between Brilinta, Ramipril for a 51-year old woman with Blood Thinner, High Blood Pressure. The patient has Night Sweats
- A study of drug interactions between Nuvigil, Prazosin Hydrochloride, Viagra, Vitamin D, Prednisone, Pravastatin Sodium, Lisinopril, Bystolic, Zolpidem, Vitamin C, Lexapro, Lorazepam, Hydrocodone Bitartrate And Acetaminophen for a 68-year old man with Tiredness, Ptsd, Erectile Dysfunction, General Physical Condition, Polymyalgia Rheumatica, High Blood Cholesterol, Blood Pressure Increased, Coronary Artery Disease, Sleep Disorder Due To General Medical Condition, Insomnia Type, Generalized Anxiety Disorder, Depression Suicidal, Anxiety Disorder, Chronic Pain. The patient has Tinnitus, Sleep Apnea, Erectile Dysfunction, Elevated Mood, Polymyalgia Rheumatica, Coronary Artery Disease, Major Depressive Disorder, Ptsd
- A study of drug interactions between Diflucan, Lexapro for a 45-year old woman with Yeast Infection - Vagina, Anxiety. The patient has Muscle Twitching
Recent Escitalopram oxalate related drug comparison:
- Comparions of Depo-provera, Escitalopram, Lamotrigine for a 38-year old woman who has Bipolar I Disorder
- Comparions of Sertraline, Escitalopram, Duloxetine Hydrochloride, Paxil for a 27-year old man who has Depression
- Comparions of Pristiq, Lexapro for a 58-year old woman who has Depression
- Comparions of St. John's Wort, Prozac, Lexapro, Xanax, Bupropion Hydrochloride for a 39-year old woman who has Depression
- Comparions of Lexapro, Hydrochlorothiazide, Lisinopril, Metformin, Garcinia Cambogia for a 60-year old woman who has Tramadol
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.