Home > Escitalopram > Headache > Escitalopram and Headache
Review: could Escitalopram cause Headache?
We study 10,324 people who have side effects while taking Escitalopram from FDA and social media. Among them, 372 have Headache. Find out below who they are, when they have Headache and more.
Get connected: join a mobile support group for people who take Escitalopram and have Headache >>>
Escitalopram (latest outcomes from 11,221 users) has active ingredients of escitalopram oxalate. It is often used in depression.
Headache (pain in head) (latest reports from 1,191,904 patients) has been reported by people with multiple sclerosis, high blood pressure, depression, rheumatoid arthritis, osteoporosis.
On Oct, 25, 2014: 10,313 people reported to have side effects when taking Escitalopram. Among them, 372 people (3.61%) have Headache.
Time on Escitalopram when people have Headache * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years |
Age of people who have Headache when taking Escitalopram * :
Severity of Headache when taking Escitalopram ** :
|least||moderate||severe||most severe |
How people recovered from Headache ** :
|while on the drug||after off the drug||not yet |
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Depression (108 people, 29.03%)
- Pain (40 people, 10.75%)
- Anxiety (39 people, 10.48%)
- Rheumatoid arthritis (22 people, 5.91%)
- Fatigue (21 people, 5.65%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Escitalopram oxalate (118 people, 31.72%)
- Clonazepam (32 people, 8.60%)
- Nexium (31 people, 8.33%)
- Modafinil (28 people, 7.53%)
- Gabapentin (27 people, 7.26%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Do you have Headache while taking Escitalopram?
Get connected! Join a mobile support group:
- support group for people who take Escitalopram and have Headache
- support group for people who take Escitalopram
- support group for people who have Headache
Comments from related studies:
From this study (1 month ago):
I am being treated for mental illness and anxiety. I have moments when i am just drenched in sweat. I have no energy.
From this study (2 months ago):
All lesions necrosis
I live in chronic pain and fatigue
Lisa on Sep, 4, 2014:
Female 55 I have bechets. Diagnosed at 39. I take every medication on that list except I dropped methotrexate. I worse since I dropped it. And I have every symptom including ganglion cyst which needs to be surgically removed to the throat lesion. I can barely function. The only 5hing I dont have is the allergic cough. I did have mrsa phenomia once. Oh most recently plursey. I have been ivig dependent for 13 years.
Post a new comment OR Read more comments
Can you answer these questions (what is this?):
More questions for: Escitalopram, Headache
You may be interested at these reviews (what is this?):
- Raspberry ketones - side-effect of red face, face muscle twitching
Whenever I use Raspberry Ketones 500mg capsules (1 a day) I get reddening of the tops of my cheeks coupled with muscle tightening/twitching of the cheek muscles closest to the nose (the muscles that contract if someone blows in your eyes) and the muscles at the bridge of nose at times too. Both sets ...
- Lexapro and memory loss
I actually have no idea what other medicine I was on the week I took Lexapro, it was back at the end of February 2014 right before I checked myself into the psych hospital. I formed no memory for a whole week just because of one drug! My friends and family tell me what happened that week and I have ...
- Still ill after several years
I became ill several years ago.
It all started with a head cold that lasted a few months and left me with Tinnitus and chronic sinusitis.
After a nose operation and many visits to the doc and hospital, I am no closer to felling better or being cured.
My doc gave me Beconase Aq at first and th ...
More reviews for: Escitalopram, Headache
On eHealthMe, Escitalopram (escitalopram oxalate) is often used for depression. Find out below the conditions Escitalopram is used for, how effective it is, and any alternative drugs that you can use to treat those same conditions.
What is Escitalopram used for and how effective is it:
Other drugs that are used to treat the same conditions:
Could it be a symptom from a condition:
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause it?
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.
44 million health professionals and patients have studied on eHealthMe. Recent studies:
- Lansoprazole for a 33-year old woman who has Stomach Pain (49 minutes ago)
- Bactrim Ds, Sprintec for a 22-year old woman who has Urinary Tract Infection, Pregnancy (49 minutes ago)
- Vyvanse, Vistaril, Seroquel Xr, Trileptal for a 17-year old girl who has ADHD, Anxiety, Apprehension, Feeling Uptight, Jitters, Stress, Stress And Anxiety, Tension, Bipolar, Adjustment Disorder With Mixed Anxiety And Depressed Mood (1 hour ago)
Recent mobile support groups
- Interstitial Cystitis (ic)
- Clopidogrel Bisulfate and Peripheral Neuropathy
- Mucinex and Double Vision
- Chest Pain
Recent user comments
- "My ears were bothering me last week and were clogged ... " (2 hours ago)
- "Had clogged ears with ear wax this week. Got them cle ... " (3 hours ago)
- "My son also has epilepsy. His seisures are always un ... " (4 hours ago)
- Reactive Attachment Disorder Of Infancy Or Early Childhood
- Carcinoma Ductal