Review: could Esomeprazole magnesium cause Tongue inflammation (Glossitis)?
Summary: Tongue inflammation is found among people who take Esomeprazole magnesium, especially for people who are female, 50-59 old, have been taking the drug for 6 - 12 months, also take medication Fish oil, and have Pain.
We study 4,528 people who have side effects while taking Esomeprazole magnesium from FDA and social media. Among them, 9 have Tongue inflammation. Find out below who they are, when they have Tongue inflammation and more.
You are not alone: join a mobile support group for people who take Esomeprazole magnesium and have Tongue inflammation >>>
Esomeprazole magnesium has active ingredients of esomeprazole magnesium. It is often used in gastroesophageal reflux disease. (latest outcomes from 4,588 Esomeprazole magnesium users)
Tongue inflammation (infection of tongue with soreness) has been reported by people with osteoporosis, asthma, high blood pressure, rheumatoid arthritis, pain. (latest reports from 2,478 Tongue inflammation patients)
On Feb, 28, 2015: 4,528 people reported to have side effects when taking Esomeprazole magnesium. Among them, 9 people (0.20%) have Tongue Inflammation.
Time on Esomeprazole magnesium when people have Tongue inflammation * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years |
|Tongue inflammation||0.00%||0.00%||100.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00% |
Gender of people who have Tongue inflammation when taking Esomeprazole magnesium * :
|Tongue inflammation||66.67%||33.33% |
Age of people who have Tongue inflammation when taking Esomeprazole magnesium * :
|Tongue inflammation||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||71.43%||28.57% |
Severity of Tongue inflammation when taking Esomeprazole magnesium ** :
|least||moderate||severe||most severe |
|Tongue inflammation||0.00%||100.00%||0.00%||0.00% |
How people recovered from Tongue inflammation ** :
|while on the drug||after off the drug||not yet |
|Tongue inflammation||0.00%||0.00%||100.00% |
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Pain (6 people, 66.67%)
- Nausea (6 people, 66.67%)
- Constipation (6 people, 66.67%)
- Arthritis reactive (2 people, 22.22%)
- Gastric disorder (1 people, 11.11%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Fish oil (8 people, 88.89%)
- Fluconazole (6 people, 66.67%)
- Darvon (6 people, 66.67%)
- Lorazepam (6 people, 66.67%)
- Ativan (6 people, 66.67%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Do you have Tongue Inflammation while taking Esomeprazole Magnesium?
You are not alone! Join a mobile support group on :
- support group for people who take Esomeprazole magnesium and have Tongue Inflammation
- support group for people who take Esomeprazole magnesium
- support group for people who have Tongue inflammation
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause:
- A study of side effects of Nexium for a 62-year old woman with Lichen Planus. The patient has Nil Disease (a disease of the kidney that causes nephrotic syndrome)
- A study of drug interactions between Gabapentin, Glipizide, Metformin, Nexium, Tramadol for a 53-year old woman with Leg Pain, Hyperglycemia, Gerd, Pain - Back. The patient has Rash
- A study of drug interactions between Flomax, Propranolol Hydrochloride, Linzess, Miralax, Anturol, Olanzapine, Zetia, Nexium, Depakote, Benztropine Mesylate for a 40-year old man with Nocturia, Aggression, Constipation, Schizophrenia, Hyperlipidemia, Gerd, Bipolar Disorder, Medication Side Effects. The patient has Agap Low, Eosinophilia, Mental Status Tests, Leaning Left When Walking, Nocturia
- A study of drug interactions between Nexium, Crestor, Lyrica, Aspirin for a 69-year old man with Reflux Oesophagitis, High Blood Cholesterol, Post Herpetic Neuralgia, Heart Disease. The patient has Light Sensitivity
- A study of drug interactions between Nexium, Diltiazem Hydrochloride, Xanax, Lamotrigine, Lexapro, Atenolol for a 44-year old man with Indigestion, High Blood Pressure, Anxiety Disorder. The patient has Fatigue
Recent Esomeprazole magnesium related drug comparison:
- Comparions of Nexium, Ursodiol for a 58-year old woman who has Primary Biliary Cirrhosis
- Comparions of Nexium, Oxycodone And Acetaminophen, Tramadol, Certirizine Hydrochloride for a 55-year old man who has Methocarbamol
- Comparions of Dexilant, Omeprazole, Nexium for a 65-year old woman who has Ppi
- Comparions of Zantac 300, Nexium for a 44-year old woman who has Ulcer - Duodenal Or Gastric
- Comparions of Adderall 30, Nexium, Propranolol Hydrochloride And Hydrochlorothiazide, Requip Xl, Fluoxetine for a 52-year old woman who has Depression And Restless Leg Syndrome
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.