Review: could Esomeprazole magnesium cause Tongue inflammation (Glossitis)?
Summary: Tongue inflammation is found among people who take Esomeprazole magnesium, especially for people who are female, 50-59 old, have been taking the drug for 6 - 12 months, also take medication Fish oil, and have Pain.
We study 4,528 people who have side effects while taking Esomeprazole magnesium from FDA and social media. Among them, 9 have Tongue inflammation. Find out below who they are, when they have Tongue inflammation and more.
You are not alone: join a support group for people who take Esomeprazole magnesium and have Tongue inflammation >>>
Esomeprazole magnesium has active ingredients of esomeprazole magnesium. It is often used in gastroesophageal reflux disease. (latest outcomes from 4,588 Esomeprazole magnesium users)
Tongue inflammation (infection of tongue with soreness) has been reported by people with osteoporosis, asthma, high blood pressure, rheumatoid arthritis, pain. (latest reports from 2,478 Tongue inflammation patients)
On Apr, 1, 2015: 4,528 people reported to have side effects when taking Esomeprazole magnesium. Among them, 9 people (0.20%) have Tongue Inflammation.
Time on Esomeprazole magnesium when people have Tongue inflammation * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years |
|Tongue inflammation||0.00%||0.00%||100.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00% |
Gender of people who have Tongue inflammation when taking Esomeprazole magnesium * :
|Tongue inflammation||66.67%||33.33% |
Age of people who have Tongue inflammation when taking Esomeprazole magnesium * :
|Tongue inflammation||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||71.43%||28.57% |
Severity of Tongue inflammation when taking Esomeprazole magnesium ** :
|least||moderate||severe||most severe |
|Tongue inflammation||0.00%||100.00%||0.00%||0.00% |
How people recovered from Tongue inflammation ** :
|while on the drug||after off the drug||not yet |
|Tongue inflammation||0.00%||0.00%||100.00% |
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Pain (6 people, 66.67%)
- Nausea (6 people, 66.67%)
- Constipation (6 people, 66.67%)
- Arthritis reactive (2 people, 22.22%)
- Gastric disorder (1 people, 11.11%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Fish oil (8 people, 88.89%)
- Fluconazole (6 people, 66.67%)
- Darvon (6 people, 66.67%)
- Lorazepam (6 people, 66.67%)
- Ativan (6 people, 66.67%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Do you have Tongue Inflammation while taking Esomeprazole Magnesium?
You are not alone! Join a support group on :
- support group for people who take Esomeprazole magnesium and have Tongue Inflammation
- support group for people who take Esomeprazole magnesium
- support group for people who have Tongue Inflammation
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause:
- A study of drug interactions between Ambien, Nexium, Lamictal, Keppra for a 42-year old woman with Sleep Disorder, Acid Reflux, Trigeminal Neuralgia. The patient has Constipation, Insomnia, Blurred Vision, Pressure Of Speech
- A study of side effects of Nexium for a 70-year old woman with GERD. The patient has Pulmonary Embolism
- A study of side effects of Nexium for a 69-year old man with Indigestion. The patient has Hypertension
- A study of drug interactions between Nasonex, Metoprolol Tartrate, Nexium, Excedrin, Ibuprofen, Centrum, Lisinopril And Hydrochlorothiazide, Gemfibrozil, Levothyroxine Sodium, Alprazolam for a 46-year old man with Allergies, Pvc (premature Ventricular Contraction), Acid Reflux, Headache, Pain, Vitamin D, Hypertension, High Blood Cholesterol, Hypothyroidism, Adjustment Disorder With Mixed Anxiety And Depressed Mood. The patient has Depression, General Pain And Fatigue, Catecholamines, Accessory Spleen, Left Ear Infections - Four Surgeries, Headache
- A study of drug interactions between Pravastatin Sodium, Nexium, Lexapro, Lamotrigine, Truvada, Isentress, Clonazepam for a 68-year old woman with High Blood Cholesterol And Triglycerides, Gerd, Depression, Bipolar 2, Hiv Infection Cdc Category A1, Sleep Phase Rhythm Disturbance. The patient has Headache - Mixed Tension Migraine, Dry Eyes
Recent Esomeprazole magnesium related drug comparison:
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.