Review: could Estradiol cause Anxiety?
(By eHealthMe on Mar, 10, 2014)
Severity ratings: 2.3/4
On a scale of 1 to 4: 1=least, 2=moderate, 3=severe, 4=most severe
We study 4,351 people who take Estradiol. Among them, 116 have Anxiety. See who they are, when they have Anxiety and more. This review is based on reports from FDA and social media, and is updated regularly.
For patients like me, how are my drugs? On eHealthMe, you can research 300 million drug outcomes from FDA and social media. We use data reported since 1977 till to date. All studies are personalized to gender and age. Start now >>>
Estradiol (latest outcomes from 4,762 users) has active ingredients of estradiol. It is often used in hormone replacement therapy, menopause. Commonly reported side effects of Estradiol include breast cancer female, breast cancer, breast cancer aggravated, nausea aggravated, nausea.
Anxiety (latest reports from 1,276,177 patients) has been reported by people with depression, quit smoking, stress and anxiety, multiple sclerosis, pain.
On Mar, 10, 2014: 4,351 people reported to have side effects when taking Estradiol. Among them, 116 people (2.67%) have Anxiety. They amount to 0.01% of all the 1,276,367 people who have Anxiety.
Time on Estradiol when people have Anxiety * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years |
Age of people who have Anxiety when taking Estradiol * :
Severity of Anxiety when taking Estradiol ** :
|least||moderate||severe||most severe |
How people recovered from Anxiety ** :
|while on the drug||after off the drug||not yet |
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Hormone replacement therapy (21 people, 18.10%)
- Bipolar disorder (14 people, 12.07%)
- Depression (10 people, 8.62%)
- Rheumatoid arthritis (10 people, 8.62%)
- Menopausal symptoms (9 people, 7.76%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Premarin (28 people, 24.14%)
- Provera (22 people, 18.97%)
- Clonazepam (20 people, 17.24%)
- Prempro (19 people, 16.38%)
- Temazepam (19 people, 16.38%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Related topic: Estradiol, Anxiety
You can also:
On eHealthMe, Estradiol (estradiol) is often used for hormone replacement therapy. Find out below the conditions Estradiol is used for, how effective it is, and any alternative drugs that you can use to treat those same conditions.
What is Estradiol used for and how effective is it:
Other drugs that are used to treat the same conditions:
Could it be a symptom from a condition:
Browse Estradiol side effects from A to Z:
Browse Estradiol drug interactions with drugs from A to Z:
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause it?
Comments from related studies:
From this study (3 months ago):
I was diagnosed with Herpes Type 2 many years ago, but VERY rarely have an outbreak. Recently, I have had lesions just on the left side of my body, from my lip to my genitals, as well as a very red eye...along with tingling and pain.
From this study (2 years ago):
effects from first dose only I will not be continuing
From this study (2 years ago):
Medications improved fibromyalgia for about 1.5 years until side effects began to outweigh benefits. Tremor & myoclonic jerking seemed linked to build up of SINGULAIR, Cymbalta, SAVELLA, Elavil & Lyrica. Tremor, jerking and mood problems lessened when SINGULAIR was discontinued. Cognition improved slightly when Elavil was discontinued. Urinary retention lessened when Cymbalta dose was lowered to 40mg.
Post a new comment OR Read more comments
Can you answer these questions (what is this?):
More questions for: Estradiol, Anxiety
You may be interested at these reviews (what is this?):
- Ocd / anxiety sufferer
I have the following 'fake' symptoms because of my OCD/anxiety:
- neck stiffness
- scalp pain
- memory problems
- Having trouble swallowing food
it started like having heartburn the food would not go down. Progressively got worse so went a digestive doctor she ran all kinds of test (scope, went up my nose and down my throat had problems with that one,cat scan and berium test. Well they found a mass on my thyroid and had to remove have of it ...
- Insomnia from warfarin sodium?
Knee replacement two months ago and taking coumadin (warfarin, 6 mg daily). Had problems sleeping at night I initially attributed to some discomfort with knee replacement. At rehab location for three weeks then came home. Hard time sleeping at night. Watch TV most of night. Some anxiety and would ...
More reviews for: Estradiol, Anxiety
Recent related drug studies:
- A study of drug interactions between Nabumetone, Probiotics, Trazodone Hydrochloride, Oxycodone, Xanax, Estradiol, Soma, Wellbutrin Xl, Zoloft for a patient with Chronic Pain, Nausea In The Morning - Females, Insomnia, Anxiety, Laparoscopic Hysterectomy, Muscle Spasms, Depression. The patient has Acne, Eye Redness, Headache, Anxiety, Apprehension, Feeling Uptight, Jitters, Stress, Stress And Anxiety, Tension (Stress and anxiety), Herpes Virus Infection, Chronic Pain, Depression
- A study of side effects of Vagifem for a patient with Treatment - Vaginal Dryness. The patient has Anxiety, Heart Rate Increased
- A study of drug interactions between Lyrica, Cymbalta, SAVELLA, Elavil, Lunesta, Klonopin, Singulair, Synthroid, Vagifem for a patient with Fibromyalgia, Insomnia, Sleep Disorder Due To General Medical Condition, Insomnia Type, Pain Management, Allergy Prophylaxis, Hypothyroidism, Menopausal Symptoms. The patient has Cognitive Deterioration, Tremor, Myoclonic Jerks, Migraine, Anxiety Aggravated (Stress and anxiety), Confusion, Memory Impairment (Memory loss), Tension Headaches (Tension headache), Urinary Retention, Muscle Spasms, Sweating Increased, Tearfulness, Depression Aggravated, Mood Altered (Mood swings), Vision Blurred, Nausea, Loss Of Weight (Weight loss - unintentional), Abnormal Words Or Word Usage Nos, Dry Eyes Aggravated, Teeth Clinching (Bruxism), Teeth Grinding (Bruxism), Discolored Teeth (Tooth - abnormal colors), Job Change, Eagles Syndrome, Urinary Tract Infection, Painful Red Eyes
More related studies for: Estradiol, Anxiety
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.