Review: could Estradiol cause Dry mouth?
Summary: Dry mouth is found among people who take Estradiol, especially for people who are female, 60+ old, have been taking the drug for 5 - 10 years, also take medication Lyrica, and have Hormone replacement therapy.
We study 4,388 people who have side effects while taking Estradiol from FDA and social media. Among them, 44 have Dry mouth. Find out below who they are, when they have Dry mouth and more.
You are not alone: join a mobile support group for people who take Estradiol and have Dry mouth >>>
Estradiol has active ingredients of estradiol. It is often used in hormone replacement therapy. (latest outcomes from Estradiol 4,824 users)
Dry mouth has been reported by people with high blood pressure, depression, chronic obstructive pulmonary disease, osteoporosis, high blood cholesterol.(latest reports from Dry mouth 30,429 patients)
On Nov, 25, 2014: 4,387 people reported to have side effects when taking Estradiol. Among them, 44 people (1.00%) have Dry Mouth.
Time on Estradiol when people have Dry mouth * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years |
|Dry mouth||20.00%||0.00%||0.00%||20.00%||0.00%||40.00%||20.00% |
Age of people who have Dry mouth when taking Estradiol * :
|Dry mouth||0.00%||0.00%||3.33%||3.33%||0.00%||16.67%||36.67%||40.00% |
Severity of Dry mouth when taking Estradiol ** :
|least||moderate||severe||most severe |
|Dry mouth||0.00%||40.00%||40.00%||20.00% |
How people recovered from Dry mouth ** :
|while on the drug||after off the drug||not yet |
|Dry mouth||20.00%||0.00%||80.00% |
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Hormone replacement therapy (10 people, 22.73%)
- Chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (7 people, 15.91%)
- Depression (5 people, 11.36%)
- Pain (5 people, 11.36%)
- Swelling (5 people, 11.36%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Lyrica (10 people, 22.73%)
- Spiriva (8 people, 18.18%)
- Folic acid (7 people, 15.91%)
- Hydrochlorothiazide (7 people, 15.91%)
- Celebrex (6 people, 13.64%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Do you have Dry Mouth while taking Estradiol?
You are not alone! Join a mobile support group:
- support group for people who take Estradiol and have Dry Mouth
- support group for people who take Estradiol
- support group for people who have Dry Mouth
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause:
Can you answer these questions (Ask a question):
- Can penicillin cause dry mouth
I have been feeling run down then came down with bad
Tonsillitis since taki g penicillin my mum is really dry why?
- I cannot get a direct answer from any of my drs.,is my sciatic pain caused by my interstitail cystitus? (1 answer)
I have had interstitail cystitus for almost four years now.I have been on every kind of drug,other than pain pills.I will not take them,I don't believe in them they only mask the problem and cause addiction.of course,just my belief.I have had d.s.m.o. repetitively for first year and a half twice a week.I have tried physical therapy .I have had five hydrodistention.I just recently had my first hydrodistention with botox injections.nothing has kept me out of pain .even when I am doing good I can only seem to reach a six in my pain level.my frequency average is and has been 30-40Times a day.I am,or,was a chef kitchen manager.could not perform and lost two jobs because of this disease.my flanks,my lower back ,my legs,my arms all ways in pain.pelvic pain is constant.I'd rather not go into further details way too personal.but this has taken my life.I am 35.I have led a fairly healthy life.I have no life now.I am seeking disability .Every Dr. I go to has a different option about the sciatic part of my problem some Dr.s are very sure and as a matter of fact about how it is in conjunction with I.c..others look at me like I'm nuts?why do I limp?why can't I get in and out of a car,or bend down and touch my toes,pick heavy stuff up.just to laugh at times hurts.this is my life ,I gotta wonder ,is there any one else out there going through the same symptoms and no relief?
- Timing of taking wellbutrin xl 300 with diovan 80
I take levoxyl when waking up. After eating breakfast usually I take wellbutrin, diovan, and vitamin d together. If taking adderall, I would take at this time. Sometimes red yeast rice in morning, sometimes later in the day. Estradiol is taken before bed. Is it OK to take wellbutrin and diovan together or should they be spaced separately in the day?
- Can i use naloxone if i am hypothyroid for weight loss? what dose?
I am stable with my various conditions--treated hypothyroidism, treated menopausal symptoms, and treated depression. I would like to lose some weight and heard that Naloxone is helpful with this, but can cause hyperthyroidism is the usual alcoholism dose of 50 mg. is used. A much lower dose of 1.5-4.0 mg. was recommended.
Any experience with this?
- Does enalapril cause dry mouth
I am generally healthy and active for an octogenarian, but the dry mouth and swollen ankles do bother me.
More questions for: Estradiol, Dry mouth
You may be interested at these reviews (Write a review):
- Having trouble swallowing food
it started like having heartburn the food would not go down. Progressively got worse so went a digestive doctor she ran all kinds of test (scope, went up my nose and down my throat had problems with that one,cat scan and berium test. Well they found a mass on my thyroid and had to remove have of it and the mass was not cancer. But 2 days after started getting the symptoms again and I am at my wits end. The endro doctor said having small spasms and started me on pantopraqzole and cymbalta. And has referred me to the Mayo Clinic. But I got online and read that there might be an interaction from the levothyroxine and estradol..... Please help at my wits end
- I'm curing my lichen sclerosis
I took Prempro for about 5 years and then Activella for about 3 years for Menopausal symptoms. My first obvious symptoms of a problem began in 2005 which follow all the classic symptoms of Lichen. I spent thousands on Urology exams, tests, and surgical procedures. And thousands on Gynecological attempts at remedies. Finally with no answers and no relief against the doctors advise I went off my H.R.T.s and Vagifem and then a year later all antiobiotics, creams etc. and though mending has been catastrophically slow (4 years)I am in what I'd call the last stage of mending as this condition is not just skin deep (urogenital). I have just the faintest redness left (where it first began!)and of course scarring/fusing of labia's etc. But I would say 90% of symptoms are gone. Just know it took 4 Years to heal without pain medications and all the crazy meds that just covered the 'adverse chemical reaction'. I filed a report with the FDA in 2009 and of course heard nothing back.
More reviews for: Estradiol, Dry mouth
Comments from related drug studies (Check your drugs):
- These are some of the problems I am experiencing. It seems like my dosage is too high, however if I do not take more than 60mg at a time then the Vyvanse has no affect on me whatsoever. I am most concerned about waking up to catch my breath every 30 seconds at night. I was prescribed Adderrall throu ...
- I took Estrogel for approximately 6 months to a year to alleviate dryness and itchiness and it worked great. About 4 months ago, my vision took a bit hit with a lot of blurriness so I quit taking it. We have moved to Costa Rica to retire and in the physical to apply for health insurance my urinal ...
- The lesions on face are like zits but not acne. They swell and pulsate and ooze throughout the day and have hard white or yellow waxy pits in them when popped. They respond to calamine lotion somewhat but have not gone away in 6 months, always occurring in the same place. From ear to ear under the j ...
- I have suffered from painfull, red, burning sensation feet. Saw 4 different podiatrist, a neurologist, a cardiovascular surgeon, a rehumatologist, and finally after 7 months a podiatrist give me a diagnosis: Erythromelalgia. He precribed Gabapentin 900 daily. It has help me a little, but not enough ...
- I can't seem to overcome the dry mouth. I have tried rinses,and certain toothpaste and rinses,sugarless candies.Only thing that is helpful at all is sugarless gum. It is from the morning I wake up to going to bed,just so hard to get saliva and swallow
More related studies for: Estradiol, Dry mouth
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.