Home > Estradiol > Dry mouth > Estradiol and Dry mouth
Review: could Estradiol cause Dry mouth?
Summary: Dry mouth is found among people who take Estradiol, especially for people who are female, 60+ old, have been taking the drug for 5 - 10 years, also take medication Lyrica, and have Hormone replacement therapy.
We study 4,387 people who have side effects while taking Estradiol from FDA and social media. Among them, 44 have Dry mouth. Find out below who they are, when they have Dry mouth and more.
You are not alone: join a mobile support group for people who take Estradiol and have Dry mouth >>>
Estradiol (latest outcomes from 4,820 users) has active ingredients of estradiol. It is often used in hormone replacement therapy.
Dry mouth (latest reports from 200,786 patients) has been reported by people with high blood pressure, depression, chronic obstructive pulmonary disease, osteoporosis, high blood cholesterol.
On Oct, 26, 2014: 4,377 people reported to have side effects when taking Estradiol. Among them, 44 people (1.01%) have Dry Mouth.
Time on Estradiol when people have Dry mouth * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years |
|Dry mouth||20.00%||0.00%||0.00%||20.00%||0.00%||40.00%||20.00% |
Age of people who have Dry mouth when taking Estradiol * :
|Dry mouth||0.00%||0.00%||3.33%||3.33%||0.00%||16.67%||36.67%||40.00% |
Severity of Dry mouth when taking Estradiol ** :
|least||moderate||severe||most severe |
|Dry mouth||0.00%||40.00%||40.00%||20.00% |
How people recovered from Dry mouth ** :
|while on the drug||after off the drug||not yet |
|Dry mouth||20.00%||0.00%||80.00% |
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Hormone replacement therapy (10 people, 22.73%)
- Chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (7 people, 15.91%)
- Depression (5 people, 11.36%)
- Pain (5 people, 11.36%)
- Swelling (5 people, 11.36%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Lyrica (10 people, 22.73%)
- Spiriva (8 people, 18.18%)
- Folic acid (7 people, 15.91%)
- Hydrochlorothiazide (7 people, 15.91%)
- Celebrex (6 people, 13.64%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Do you have Dry Mouth while taking Estradiol?
You are not alone! Join a mobile support group:
- support group for people who take Estradiol and have Dry Mouth
- support group for people who take Estradiol
- support group for people who have Dry Mouth
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause:
Can you answer these questions (Ask a question):
- I cannot get a direct answer from any of my drs.,is my sciatic pain caused by my interstitail cystitus?
(Asked by a 36 year old woman who has Prolapse Heart Valve/murmor, Sciatica, Interstitail Cystitus,, and takes Hydroxyzine, Amitriptyline Hydrochloride, Cyclobenzaprine Hydrochloride, Estradiol )
I have had interstitail cystitus for almost four years now.I have been on every kind of drug,other than pain pills.I will not take them,I don't believe in them they only mask the problem and cause addiction.of course,just my belief.I have had d.s.m.o. repetitively for first year and a half twice a w ...
- Timing of taking wellbutrin xl 300 with diovan 80
(Asked by a 47 year old woman who has Blood Pressure Increased, Depression, Graves Disease, and takes Wellbutrin Xl, Diovan, Adderall 15, Estradiol, Vitamin D, Levoxyl)
I take levoxyl when waking up. After eating breakfast usually I take wellbutrin, diovan, and vitamin d together. If taking adderall, I would take at this time. Sometimes red yeast rice in morning, sometimes later in the day. Estradiol is taken before bed. Is it OK to take wellbutrin and diovan toget ...
- Can i use naloxone if i am hypothyroid for weight loss? what dose?
(Asked by a 62 year old woman who has Hypothyroidism--treated, Menopausal Symptoms--treated, Depression--treated, and takes Emsam, Liothyronine Sodium, Synthroid, Estradiol, Lithium Carbonate)
I am stable with my various conditions--treated hypothyroidism, treated menopausal symptoms, and treated depression. I would like to lose some weight and heard that Naloxone is helpful with this, but can cause hyperthyroidism is the usual alcoholism dose of 50 mg. is used. A much lower dose of 1.5-4 ...
- Does enalapril cause dry mouth
(Asked by a 87 year old man who has Dry Mouth, Swollen Ankles And Feet, and takes Amlodipine Besylate, Tamsulosin, Avodart, Aspirin, Folic Acid)
I am generally healthy and active for an octogenarian, but the dry mouth and swollen ankles do bother me.
- What is best way to stop using vagifem?
(Asked by a 47 year old woman who has Perimenopause, and takes Vagifem)
Is it safe to use vagifem without taking any other hormones if you have a uterous? Do you have to wean off vagifem or is it best to stop using cold turkey. Currently been taking for appx. 2 yrs. I am a 46 yr old female who has been told by the Dr. is in perimenopause. Are there any side effects I ...
More questions for: Estradiol, Dry mouth
You may be interested at these reviews (Write a review):
- Having trouble swallowing food
(Posted by a 47 year old woman who has Swallowing And Feeling Like It Not Going Down, and takes Estradiol, Levothyroxine Sodium)
it started like having heartburn the food would not go down. Progressively got worse so went a digestive doctor she ran all kinds of test (scope, went up my nose and down my throat had problems with that one,cat scan and berium test. Well they found a mass on my thyroid and had to remove have of it ...
- I'm curing my lichen sclerosis
(Posted by a 67 year old woman who has Lichen Sclerosus, Hypothyroidism, and takes Prempro, Activella, Clobetasol Propionate, Cipro, Vagifem)
I took Prempro for about 5 years and then Activella for about 3 years for Menopausal symptoms. My first obvious symptoms of a problem began in 2005 which follow all the classic symptoms of Lichen. I spent thousands on Urology exams, tests, and surgical procedures. And thousands on Gynecological atte ...
More reviews for: Estradiol, Dry mouth
- A study of side effects of Vyvanse for a patient with ADHD. The patient has Irritability, Pain - Back, Dry Mouth, Teeth Grinding And Clenching (a condition in which you grind, gnash or clench your teeth), Vision Problems, Tolerance Increased, Sleep Talking (talking during sleeping), Breathing-related Sleep Disorder
Comments: These are some of the problems I am experiencing. It seems like my dosage is too high, however if I do not take more than 60mg at a time then the Vyvanse has no affect on me whatsoever. I am most concerned about waking up to catch my breath every 30 seconds at night. I was prescribed Adderrall throu ...
- A study of drug interactions between Dexilant, Crestor, Metoprolol Succinate, Lisinopril, Isosorbide Mononitrate, Clopidogrel for a patient with Acid Reflux, Blood Cholesterol Decreased, Blood Pressure Systolic Decreased, Blood Pressure Decreased, Heart Disease, Blood Thinner. The patient has Dry Mouth
Comments: SEVERE CHRONIC DRY MOUTH AND EYES STARTED 4 MONTHS AGO NOT SURE IF MEDICATION RELATED. BEEN ON SOME OF THEM FOR 6 YEARS WITHOUT A PROBLEM.
- A study of side effects of Estrace for a patient with Vaginal Irritation. The patient has Vaginal Itching
Comments: Having lower back pain and not sure which prescription is causing it. Estrace or Fluconazole
- A study of side effects of Estrogel for a patient with Menopausal Symptoms. The patient has Blurred Vision
Comments: I took Estrogel for approximately 6 months to a year to alleviate dryness and itchiness and it worked great. About 4 months ago, my vision took a bit hit with a lot of blurriness so I quit taking it. We have moved to Costa Rica to retire and in the physical to apply for health insurance my urinal ...
- A study of drug interactions between ASA, Librium, Digoxin for a patient with Prophylactics, Generalised Anxiety Disorder, Arrhythmia. The patient has Dry Mouth
Comments: took lanoxin for over 20 years, was taken off for about a year and then just been put back on it, the generic Digiteck
More related studies for: Estradiol, Dry mouth
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.
Recent mobile support groups
- Hallucinations, Mixed and Rsd
- Azathioprine and Seborrhoeic Keratosis
- Levothyroxine Sodium and Polymorphous Light Eruption
- Restless Leg Syndrome and Raynaud's Phenomenon
- Glutathione and Hydrops
- Feeding tube complications flomax
Has anyone on feeding tube taken Flomax. Any complication ... (2 hours ago)
- What side effects do you experience from sulpfasalazine?
Answer: My hair falls out too, but it was falling out before I was ... (7 hours ago)
- Feeling dizziness in the morning. is it due to glaucoma
Since 3 days I am feeling dizziness in the morning for abo ... (18 hours ago)
Recent user reviews
- Urea urine increased while taking topamax
I was on Topamax to lose weight. It worked for me, I lost ... (24 hours ago)
- Jaw pain with avastin
My sister is currently taking Avastin and after each treat ... (24 hours ago)
- Lipitor weight loss/ lisinipril ed issue
Response: Do Not, I repeat Do Not take Lipitor!!! I was on 20mg for ... (2 days ago)