Review: could Evening primrose oil cause Hypertension (High blood pressure)?
Summary: Hypertension is found among people who take Evening primrose oil, especially for people who are female, 60+ old, have been taking the drug for 5 - 10 years, also take medication Aspirin, and have High blood pressure.
We study 185 people who have side effects while taking Evening primrose oil from FDA and social media. Among them, 12 have Hypertension. Find out below who they are, when they have Hypertension and more.
You are not alone: join a support group for people who take Evening primrose oil and have Hypertension >>>
Evening primrose oil
Evening primrose oil has active ingredients of evening primrose oil. It is often used in premenstrual syndrome. (latest outcomes from 238 Evening primrose oil users)
Hypertension (high blood pressure) has been reported by people with high blood pressure, osteoporosis, depression, multiple sclerosis, pain. (latest reports from 352,359 Hypertension patients)
On Mar, 31, 2015: 185 people reported to have side effects when taking Evening primrose oil. Among them, 12 people (6.49%) have Hypertension.
Time on Evening primrose oil when people have Hypertension * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years |
Age of people who have Hypertension when taking Evening primrose oil * :
Severity of Hypertension when taking Evening primrose oil ** :
|least||moderate||severe||most severe |
How people recovered from Hypertension ** :
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Hypertension (5 people, 41.67%)
- Blood cholesterol increased (4 people, 33.33%)
- Osteoporosis (4 people, 33.33%)
- Osteopenia (4 people, 33.33%)
- Pain (3 people, 25.00%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Aspirin (6 people, 50.00%)
- Omega-3 marine triglycerides (4 people, 33.33%)
- Fosamax (4 people, 33.33%)
- Glucosamine (3 people, 25.00%)
- [therapy unspecified] (3 people, 25.00%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Get connected: join our support group of evening primrose oil and hypertension on
Do you have Hypertension while taking Evening Primrose Oil?
You are not alone! Join a support group on :
- support group for people who take Evening primrose oil and have Hypertension
- support group for people who take Evening primrose oil
- support group for people who have Hypertension
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause:
- A study of drug interactions between Hydroxyzine Pamoate, Complera, Tapazole for a 55-year old woman with Stress And Anxiety, Hiv Infection Cdc Category A1, Hyperthyroidism. The patient has Anxiety And Stress, High Blood Pressure
- A study of side effects of Cozaar for a 59-year old man with High Blood Pressure. The patient has Blood Pressure Increased, High Blood Sugar, Hypotriglyceridaemia
- A study of drug interactions between Omega-3 Oil, Magnesium, Evening Primrose Oil, Apple Cider Vinegar, Sumatriptan, Zorvolex, Folic Acid, Cetirizine Hydrochloride Allergy, Psyllium, Hydroxocobalamin for a 61-year old man with Chronic Fatigue Syndrome, Aches - Leg, Immune System Disorder, Complicated Migraine, Pain, Don't Know, Hay Fever, Constipation. The patient has Chronic Fatigue Syndrome, Aches - Leg, Chronic Fatigue Syndrome, Chronic Fatigue Syndrome, Migraine, Fibromyalgia, Hay Fever, Constipation, Vitamin B12 Deficiency
- A study of drug interactions between Synthroid, Valium, Tylenol, Dextrose 60%, Cymbalta for a 50-year old woman with Thyroid Hormone Replacement Therapy, Anxiety Disorder Due To A General Medical Condition, Pain, Fibromyalgia. The patient has Pain, Suicidal Thoughts, Blood Pressure Increased
- A study of drug interactions between Aspirin, Chlorthalidone, Loratadine, Advair Diskus 250/50, Tramadol for a 57-year old man with High Blood Pressure, Hay Fever, Asthma, Arthritis Bacterial. The patient has Multiple Allergies, Sleep Apnea, High Blood Pressure
Recent Evening primrose oil related drug comparison:
- Comparions of Black Cohosh, Evening Primrose, Clonazepam, Cloxacillin Sodium for a 45-year old woman who has Mastitis
- Comparions of Evening Primrose Oil, Aspirin, Crestor, Lamprene, Diltiazem Hydrochloride for a 56-year old woman who has Hypertension, Ashy Dermatitis, High Cholesterol
- Comparions of Evening Primrose, Atenolol for a 80-year old woman who has Blood Pressure
- Comparions of Evening Primrose, Plaquenil for a 64-year old woman who has Sjogren's
- Comparions of Evening Primrose Oil, Omeprazole (Sandoz) - 20MG for a 56-year old woman who has Menopausal Disorder
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.