Review: could Evista cause Arthritis - osteoarthritis (Osteoarthritis)?
Summary: Arthritis - osteoarthritis is found among people who take Evista, especially for people who are female, 60+ old, have been taking the drug for 5 - 10 years, also take medication Fosamax, and have Osteoporosis.
We study 17,975 people who have side effects while taking Evista from FDA and social media. Among them, 287 have Arthritis - osteoarthritis. Find out below who they are, when they have Arthritis - osteoarthritis and more.
You are not alone: join a support group for people who take Evista and have Arthritis - osteoarthritis >>>
Evista has active ingredients of raloxifene hydrochloride. It is often used in osteoporosis. (latest outcomes from 18,178 Evista users)
Arthritis - osteoarthritis
Arthritis - osteoarthritis (joint disease caused by cartilage loss in a joint) has been reported by people with osteoporosis, osteopenia, rheumatoid arthritis, high blood pressure, pain. (latest reports from 33,286 Arthritis - osteoarthritis patients)
On Apr, 4, 2015: 17,975 people reported to have side effects when taking Evista. Among them, 281 people (1.56%) have Arthritis - Osteoarthritis.
Time on Evista when people have Arthritis - osteoarthritis * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years |
|Arthritis - osteoarthritis||10.61%||3.03%||0.00%||9.09%||31.82%||39.39%||6.06% |
Age of people who have Arthritis - osteoarthritis when taking Evista * :
|Arthritis - osteoarthritis||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.35%||38.16%||61.48% |
Severity of Arthritis - osteoarthritis when taking Evista ** :
|least||moderate||severe||most severe |
|Arthritis - osteoarthritis||0.00%||100.00%||0.00%||0.00% |
How people recovered from Arthritis - osteoarthritis ** :
|while on the drug||after off the drug||not yet |
|Arthritis - osteoarthritis||0.00%||0.00%||100.00% |
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Osteoporosis (210 people, 74.73%)
- Osteopenia (58 people, 20.64%)
- Breast cancer (35 people, 12.46%)
- Systemic lupus erythematosus (28 people, 9.96%)
- Hypercalcaemia (20 people, 7.12%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Fosamax (152 people, 54.09%)
- Zometa (102 people, 36.30%)
- Prilosec (92 people, 32.74%)
- Nexium (81 people, 28.83%)
- Aredia (72 people, 25.62%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Do you have Arthritis - Osteoarthritis while taking Evista?
You are not alone! Join a support group on :
- support group for people who take Evista and have Arthritis - Osteoarthritis
- support group for people who take Evista
- support group for people who have Arthritis - Osteoarthritis
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause:
- A study of drug interactions between Raloxifene Hydrochloride, Valium for a 78-year old woman with Breast Cancer, Dizziness Caused By Menieres Disease.
- A study of side effects of Evista for a 56-year old woman with Osteoporosis Post-menopausal. The patient has High Blood Pressure
- A study of drug interactions between Methadone Hydrochloride, Oxycodone for a 57-year old woman with Pain. The patient has Osteoarthritis
- A study of drug interactions between Multivitamin, Vitamin D, Lexapro, Wellbutrin Xl, Ventolin Hfa, Verapamil Hcl, Morphine Sulfate, Gabapentin, Hydrocodone Compound for a 50-year old woman with Deficiency Anaemia, Vitamin D Decreased, Depression, Asthma Late Onset, Heart Rate Increased, Inflammatory Pain, Fibromyalgia. The patient has Breast Removal Surgery, Plantar Fasciitis, Psoriatic Arthropathy, Psoriasis, Degenerative Joint Disease, Fibromyalgia
- A study of drug interactions between Depo-provera, Lupron for a 42-year old woman with Endometriosis. The patient has Osteoarthritis, Vitamin D Deficiency
Recent Evista related drug comparison:
- Comparions of Evista, Prednisone, Atacand for a 80-year old woman who has Osteoporosis Postmenopausal
- Comparions of Evista, Requip for a 71-year old woman who has Restless Leg Syndrome
- Comparions of Evista, Fosamax for a 71-year old woman who has Osteosclerosis
- Comparions of Midodrine Hydrochloride, Evista, Citalopram Hydrobromide, Donepezil, Namenda for a 80-year old woman who has Dementia Alzheimer's Type
- Comparions of Aromasin, Tamoxifen Citrate, Evista, Femara, Arimidex for a 61-year old woman who has Breast Cancer Female
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.