Review: could Evista cause Dry mouth?
Summary: Dry mouth is found among people who take Evista, especially for people who are female, 60+ old, have been taking the drug for 1 - 6 months, also take medication Prilosec, and have Osteoporosis.
We study 17,975 people who have side effects while taking Evista from FDA and social media. Among them, 174 have Dry mouth. Find out below who they are, when they have Dry mouth and more.
You are not alone: join a support group for people who take Evista and have Dry mouth >>>
Evista has active ingredients of raloxifene hydrochloride. It is often used in osteoporosis. (latest outcomes from 18,178 Evista users)
Dry mouth has been reported by people with depression, high blood pressure, chronic obstructive pulmonary disease, osteoporosis, high blood cholesterol. (latest reports from 30,856 Dry mouth patients)
On Mar, 3, 2015: 17,974 people reported to have side effects when taking Evista. Among them, 174 people (0.97%) have Dry Mouth.
Time on Evista when people have Dry mouth * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years |
|Dry mouth||6.67%||33.33%||0.00%||13.33%||20.00%||26.67%||0.00% |
Age of people who have Dry mouth when taking Evista * :
|Dry mouth||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||1.39%||24.31%||74.31% |
Severity of Dry mouth when taking Evista ** :
|least||moderate||severe||most severe |
|Dry mouth||0.00%||100.00%||0.00%||0.00% |
How people recovered from Dry mouth ** :
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Osteoporosis (49 people, 28.16%)
- Systemic lupus erythematosus (13 people, 7.47%)
- Blood cholesterol increased (9 people, 5.17%)
- Asthma (9 people, 5.17%)
- Hypertension (8 people, 4.60%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Prilosec (40 people, 22.99%)
- Aspirin (31 people, 17.82%)
- Fosamax (31 people, 17.82%)
- Pravachol (30 people, 17.24%)
- Forteo (29 people, 16.67%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Get connected: join our support group of evista and dry mouth on
Do you have Dry Mouth while taking Evista?
You are not alone! Join a mobile support group on :
- support group for people who take Evista and have Dry Mouth
- support group for people who take Evista
- support group for people who have Dry Mouth
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause:
- A study of side effects of Lithium Carbonate for a 67-year old woman with Bipolar Disorder. The patient has Hypothyroidism (abnormally low activity of the thyroid gland, resulting in retardation of growth and mental development), Dry Mouth, Weight Gain, Sleepiness - During The Day (excess sleeping during day time)
- A study of side effects of Topiramate for a 43-year old woman with Migraine With Aura. The patient has Dizziness, Burning Sensation, Feeling Cold, Dry Mouth, Hyperthermia (body temperature greatly above normal), Hair Texture Abnormal, Hair Loss
- A study of side effects of Evista for a 56-year old woman with Osteoporosis Post-menopausal. The patient has High Blood Pressure
- A study of drug interactions between Amitriptyline Hydrochloride, Co-codamol for a 26-year old man with Neuropathic Pain. The patient has Dehydration, Dry Mouth, Stools - Bloody, Drowsiness
- A study of drug interactions between Byetta, Metformin, Lantus for a 58-year old woman with Diabetes. The patient has Thirst, Dry Mouth, Fruity Smell
Recent Evista related drug comparison:
- Comparions of Evista, Prednisone, Atacand for a 80-year old woman who has Osteoporosis Postmenopausal
- Comparions of Evista, Requip for a 71-year old woman who has Restless Leg Syndrome
- Comparions of Evista, Fosamax for a 71-year old woman who has Osteosclerosis
- Comparions of Midodrine Hydrochloride, Evista, Citalopram Hydrobromide, Donepezil, Namenda for a 80-year old woman who has Dementia Alzheimer's Type
- Comparions of Aromasin, Tamoxifen Citrate, Evista, Femara, Arimidex for a 61-year old woman who has Breast Cancer Female
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.