Review: could Evista cause Muscle pain (Muscle aches)?
Summary: Muscle pain is found among people who take Evista, especially for people who are female, 60+ old, have been taking the drug for 5 - 10 years, also take medication Fosamax, and have Osteoporosis.
We study 17,975 people who have side effects while taking Evista from FDA and social media. Among them, 282 have Muscle pain. Find out below who they are, when they have Muscle pain and more.
You are not alone: join a support group for people who take Evista and have Muscle pain >>>
Evista has active ingredients of raloxifene hydrochloride. It is often used in osteoporosis. (latest outcomes from 18,178 Evista users)
Muscle pain (muscle pain) has been reported by people with high blood cholesterol, osteoporosis, high blood pressure, depression, multiple sclerosis. (latest reports from 73,537 Muscle pain patients)
On Apr, 7, 2015: 17,975 people reported to have side effects when taking Evista. Among them, 282 people (1.57%) have Muscle Pain.
Time on Evista when people have Muscle pain * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years |
|Muscle pain||12.00%||8.00%||12.00%||2.00%||4.00%||62.00%||0.00% |
Age of people who have Muscle pain when taking Evista * :
|Muscle pain||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||2.43%||21.46%||76.11% |
Severity of Muscle pain when taking Evista ** :
|least||moderate||severe||most severe |
|Muscle pain||0.00%||100.00%||0.00%||0.00% |
How people recovered from Muscle pain ** :
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Osteoporosis (117 people, 41.49%)
- Blood cholesterol increased (31 people, 10.99%)
- Insomnia (13 people, 4.61%)
- Osteopenia (10 people, 3.55%)
- Nausea (9 people, 3.19%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Fosamax (73 people, 25.89%)
- Forteo (64 people, 22.70%)
- Aspirin (61 people, 21.63%)
- Lipitor (49 people, 17.38%)
- Miacalcin (37 people, 13.12%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Get connected: join our support group of evista and muscle pain on
Do you have Muscle Pain while taking Evista?
You are not alone! Join a support group on :
- support group for people who take Evista and have Muscle Pain
- support group for people who take Evista
- support group for people who have Muscle Pain
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause:
- A study of side effects of Zocor for a 55-year old woman with Lower Cholesterol. The patient has Myalgia
- A study of drug interactions between Finasteride, Trazodone Hydrochloride, Flecainide Acetate, Lithium Carbonate, Flomax, Effexor Xr for a 75-year old man with BPH, Sleepy, Atrial Fibrillation/flutter, Bipolar Ii Disorder, Urinary Retention, Depression. The patient has Breathing Difficulty - Lying Down, Pain - Muscles
Recent Evista related drug comparison:
- Comparions of Evista, Prednisone, Atacand for a 80-year old woman who has Osteoporosis Postmenopausal
- Comparions of Evista, Requip for a 71-year old woman who has Restless Leg Syndrome
- Comparions of Evista, Fosamax for a 71-year old woman who has Osteosclerosis
- Comparions of Midodrine Hydrochloride, Evista, Citalopram Hydrobromide, Donepezil, Namenda for a 80-year old woman who has Dementia Alzheimer's Type
- Comparions of Aromasin, Tamoxifen Citrate, Evista, Femara, Arimidex for a 61-year old woman who has Breast Cancer Female
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.