Review: could Evista cause Muscle pain (Muscle aches)?
Summary: Muscle pain is found among people who take Evista, especially for people who are female, 60+ old, have been taking the drug for 5 - 10 years, also take medication Fosamax, and have Osteoporosis.
We study 17,971 people who have side effects while taking Evista from FDA and social media. Among them, 282 have Muscle pain. Find out below who they are, when they have Muscle pain and more.
You are not alone: join a mobile support group for people who take Evista and have Muscle pain >>>
Evista has active ingredients of raloxifene hydrochloride. It is often used in osteoporosis. (latest outcomes from Evista 18,173 users)
Muscle pain (muscle pain) has been reported by people with high blood cholesterol, osteoporosis, high blood pressure, depression, multiple sclerosis.(latest reports from Muscle pain 73,389 patients)
On Dec, 1, 2014: 17,968 people reported to have side effects when taking Evista. Among them, 282 people (1.57%) have Muscle Pain.
Time on Evista when people have Muscle pain * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years |
|Muscle pain||12.00%||8.00%||12.00%||2.00%||4.00%||62.00%||0.00% |
Age of people who have Muscle pain when taking Evista * :
|Muscle pain||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||2.43%||21.46%||76.11% |
Severity of Muscle pain when taking Evista ** :
|least||moderate||severe||most severe |
|Muscle pain||0.00%||100.00%||0.00%||0.00% |
How people recovered from Muscle pain ** :
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Osteoporosis (117 people, 41.49%)
- Blood cholesterol increased (31 people, 10.99%)
- Insomnia (13 people, 4.61%)
- Osteopenia (10 people, 3.55%)
- Nausea (9 people, 3.19%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Fosamax (73 people, 25.89%)
- Forteo (64 people, 22.70%)
- Aspirin (61 people, 21.63%)
- Lipitor (49 people, 17.38%)
- Miacalcin (37 people, 13.12%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Do you have Muscle Pain while taking Evista?
You are not alone! Join a mobile support group:
- support group for people who take Evista and have Muscle Pain
- support group for people who take Evista
- support group for people who have Muscle Pain
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause:
Can you answer these questions (Ask a question):
- Has anyone had tingling in hands, arms, feet, legs from lisinopril that did not go away when they quit taking it? if you got rid of the tingles, how did you do it? (2 answers)
After 9 months on Atenolol I started getting tingling in my left hand. Also had a pulmonary embolism. A doc switched me to Lisinopril and the tingling moved to my legs, feet, both hands and arms. My calf muscles are very tight and my legs ache. Plus dizziness and other things. After 3 years of going round and round with doctors and no one finding anything wrong with me, I found posts about Lisinopril and tingling and I quit taking it. But the tingling and aches have not gone away. Has anyone else had this problem and does anyone know how to fix it??? I get nowhere going to doctors, they find nothing wrong with me. Thanks
- How are you reacting taking budesinide, humira folic acid and evista along with methotrexate
I have just recently started taking budesonide for collagenous colitis. The hives and flushing started after being on this drug for three weeks. I am wondering if it is a drug interaction, since I did not have these symptoms before adding budesonide to my drug regimen.
- Can i take evista while i am on xarelto? i was treated for blood clots a month ago.
Had blood clots in left leg & both lungs in late Jan 2014. Currently on 20mg Xarelto. I had been taking Evista for over 5 years, but did have a period of inactivity in Dec -Jan. Can I resume taking Evista? Breast cancer runs in my family. My Dr said he sees no problem resuming Evista, but I am concerned about recurring blood clots.
- People with statin drug damage (3 answers)
Have been on disability for 18 months. Can not walk to car without being fatigued. Have lots of nerve pain. On a lot of Pain meds an they don't always work. I was told this one won't do that an this one won't do that. The one that put me over the edge was Zetia. My doctor's don't know what to do or how to even talk to me. They are scared to try to help me or even write down what they say. My Neurologist said he don't understand why I'm still hurting you haven't taken a statin in 18 months. What a fool. I see no hope of getting over this and am very disappointed that the medical establishment an no interest in trying to help. They sure were interested in giving me the damn things. They never said this was caused by statins. THEY DON'T KNOW. They are very uneducated in this.
- Should i take robaxin if i'm allergic to penicillin
I was prescribed Robaxin for muscle pain. But I'm allergic to Penicillin and I want to make sure I would not have any side effects.
More questions for: Evista, Muscle pain
You may be interested at these reviews (Write a review):
- Faslodex driven hell
I have metastatic breast cancer...which has spread to my bones. Needless to say...I'm not a happy camper. Faslodex was my oncologist’s drug of choice for me. I've been on it since July 28, 2014....My first month was loading dosage...and each month that has followed I receive two injections in my tush...250mg each...for a total of 500mg monthly. Tomorrow, Monday November 17, 2014, will be my third round...not including the month of loading. As per my PET scan one month ago...the Faslodex has not started working. From everything I have been told...and read...it takes four to even six rounds to start working...if in fact it works at all.....@%^&*@#...says it all...if ya know what I mean.
What has kicked in from Faslodex...are some horrific side effects......About a month ago...I started having a strange little cough...dry...most of the time.....At times the cough becomes uncontrollable for aprox 15 / 20 minutes...then calms. NOTHING works at relieving it...although I suck down water like it is my last drink on earth...and use a wonderful...soothing throat drop, Halls Breezers...Cool Berry...which eases me...even if it is only psychologically, it is magical. The cough has gotten considerably worse over time...and for those that don't know me...I am sure they think I smoke ten packs a day. My voice is also affected at times due to the cough. My breathing is horrific...and I can no longer walk for any length of time...or for more than a short distance.....Nor can I walk and talk without coughing...and or losing my breath. Stamina...this I have none of!!! And this past week...the shit hit the fan.....Joining the cough...are bone and joint pains...as well as muscle pain. When I called my doctor...@ Sloan Kettering...I spoke with the nurse...and she had not a damn clue as to what might help. As a matter of fact...she told me that she has never heard of any of the side effects that I am now having. WHAT'S WRONG WITH THIS PICTURE???? EVERYTHING!!! However...when I check reputable sites...I find not a few...but hundreds of other people with the same side effects.
From what I have read on all the sites...the only way "WE" are going to get help with issues like these...is by sharing with one another. Not one of the individuals that I speak of has had any positive help with their side effects from their doctors. Am I pissed off??? You bet I am. As for depression...that only comes in small doses for me.....like yesterday...when my body hurt me so badly...my cough was out of control...I had difficulty breathing...and I could not stand on my own two feet without holding on. That moment in time has passed...but for how long??? What will I be hit with next??? When???
More reviews for: Evista, Muscle pain
Comments from related drug studies (Check your drugs):
- After a few weeks at 30mg/day of Prednisone I started to experience experience muscle fatigue and ache after only a short amount of walking. After a month later on 10mg of Prednisone I started to notice minor tingling and numbness in my feet, then ankles, and now further up my leg after about two we ...
- Pain is due to muscle tension after about a month on Tompamax. All body muscles seem to tense up and it's hard for me to relax them. Legs, back, arms, stomach and lately its in my face and jaw and cheeks. It makes me tired. I'm taking magnesium to try and combat the pain.
- started vyvasnse last spring, started to get bizarre body aches and burning in ribs and back. All blood work comes back ok. I took myself off vyvanse in beginning for two weeks with no improvement so i went back on....
- Concerned could have Serotonin Syndrome....not sure how long body takes to adjust to change in meds. From 100mcg.Synthroid to 75mcg then 5mcg
Cytomel added...have been on Pristiq (100mg for 5 years with one adjustment and little to no adverse side effects)...been on Synthroid for 44 years. Could th ...
- symptoms started slowly about a year ago and have progressively gotten worse everyday. doctor has stated this could be the problem and suggests I ween off Lexapro. my electrolytes are consistently off and constant anemia despite taking iron 3 times a day. my hormone for ADH is very elevated. suggest ...
More related studies for: Evista, Muscle pain
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.