Home > Excedrin > Gluten intolerance > Excedrin and Gluten intolerance
Review: could Excedrin cause Gluten intolerance (Celiac disease - sprue)?
We study 7,225 people who have side effects while taking Excedrin from FDA and social media. Among them, 8 have Gluten intolerance. Find out below who they are, when they have Gluten intolerance and more.
You are not alone: join a mobile support group for people who take Excedrin and have Gluten intolerance >>>
Excedrin (latest outcomes from 7,807 users) has active ingredients of acetaminophen; aspirin; caffeine. It is often used in headache.
Gluten intolerance (spectrum of disorders, including celiac disease and wheat allergy) (latest reports from 9,971 patients) has been reported by people with high blood pressure, depression, hypothyroidism, multiple sclerosis, high blood cholesterol.
On Oct, 26, 2014: 7,225 people reported to have side effects when taking Excedrin. Among them, 8 people (0.11%) have Gluten Intolerance.
Time on Excedrin when people have Gluten intolerance * :
Gender of people who have Gluten intolerance when taking Excedrin * :
|Gluten intolerance||77.78%||22.22% |
Age of people who have Gluten intolerance when taking Excedrin * :
|Gluten intolerance||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||25.00%||50.00%||25.00% |
Severity of Gluten intolerance when taking Excedrin ** :
How people recovered from Gluten intolerance ** :
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Migraine (4 people, 50.00%)
- Somnolence (3 people, 37.50%)
- Ulcer (3 people, 37.50%)
- Pain (2 people, 25.00%)
- Intervertebral disc operation (1 people, 12.50%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Excedrin migraine caplets (3 people, 37.50%)
- Nodoz (3 people, 37.50%)
- Fentanyl (1 people, 12.50%)
- Maalox max maximum strength (1 people, 12.50%)
- Norco (1 people, 12.50%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Do you have Gluten Intolerance while taking Excedrin?
Get connected! Join a mobile support group:
- support group for people who take Excedrin and have Gluten Intolerance
- support group for people who take Excedrin
- support group for people who have Gluten Intolerance
Comments from related studies:
From this study (3 weeks ago):
Jan 2014 CDiff, mucus in stool, very weak sick, stool incontinence 3-4 times a day. Had been on most meds since March 2014 after diagnosis of UC/Crohn's/Proctitis, in July I started to loose my hair in handfulls. I was diagnosed with hypothyroidism. I started shaking a lot and noticed facial tremors and inability to communicate well at times. I thought I had no severe adverse reactions until early September. Tiredness, fatigue, weakness I thought were normal for my diagnosis. I was also experienced worsening of shaky hands and facial tremors, jerking muscles at night and hyperhidrosis( completely drenching my bed and clothes. Five weeks ago I thought I just had a seasonal sore throat, but it continued past 3 weeks. Mentioned to doctor and she put me on nexium. Nexium did not help at all in fact throat became worse, felt raw and like someone was squeezing my neck with their hands / choking me. Difficulty swallowing and felt like I had a hard rock in the middle of my throat. It worsened after each dose of Cymbalta, after noticing this I have stopped all medications for 3 days and now suffer with a dry cough and difficulty breathing. My hands still shake but not as much, have notice less in facial tremors.
From this study (4 weeks ago):
Remi on Sep, 30, 2014:
Age: 20 Gender: Man
I got swimmer's ears in 2008 and took Cipro HC ear drops. The infection healed, but 2008-2010 my health was on constant decline (until starting diets at 2010).
1. Severe digestive problems have started to develop since 2008: I am getting fatigue and brain fog every time after I eat, to some foods much more than others. A lot of foods cause diarrhea (especially vegetables), those too I avoid. And yes, I am extremely intolerant to gluten, alhough I am tested negative for celiac. Although my 4 year search for symptom free diet has improved my health sigificantly, the symptoms are still too disturbing.
2. Regarding the chronic ear problems after Cipro HC treatment: I got little tinnitus, some loss of hearing and I can't dive deeper than 1m underwater, because of the earpain due to pressure.
Don't know if these are caused by the Cipro HC. I think it's not probable that antibiotic ear drops can cause that kind of mess in digestive system, because they don't get in contact with the intestines. And taking probiotics doesn't help much. Of the ear problems, I am not so sure.
From this study (1 month ago):
just having a little trouble breathing
Post a new comment OR Read more comments
Can you answer these questions (what is this?):
More questions for: Excedrin, Gluten intolerance
More reviews for: Excedrin, Gluten intolerance
On eHealthMe, Excedrin (acetaminophen; aspirin; caffeine) is often used for headache. Find out below the conditions Excedrin is used for, how effective it is, and any alternative drugs that you can use to treat those same conditions.
What is Excedrin used for and how effective is it:
Other drugs that are used to treat the same conditions:
Could it be a symptom from a condition:
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause it?
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.
44 million health professionals and patients have studied on eHealthMe. Recent studies:
- Sprintec, Escitalopram, Vyvanse, Lisinopril And Hydrochlorothiazide for a 41-year old woman who has Birth Control, Sleeping Difficulty, ADD, Blood Pressure (3 minutes ago)
- Abilify, Topiramate, Cymbalta, Adderall 30 for a 30-year old woman who has Anxiety Disorder, Mood Disorder, Chronic Depression, Depression (14 minutes ago)
- Compare Allegra and Vitamin E for a 58-year old woman (1 hour ago)
Recent mobile support groups
- Pelvic Pain and Birth Control
- Vomiting and Blood Pressure
- Vomiting and Vyvanse
- Vomiting and Add
- Vomiting and Escitalopram
Recent user comments
- "Generally happens every couple of mnths has now moved ... " (3 minutes ago)
- "Edema of ankles and lower legs, blister-like or pimpl ... " (15 minutes ago)
- "I gave myself 2 injections of Humira one on each thig ... " (7 hours ago)
- Stalevo 150
- Meperidine Hydrochloride
- Lower Blood Pressure
- Ringworm Scalp
- Vascular Access Complication