Home > Excedrin > Gluten intolerance > Excedrin and Gluten intolerance
Review: could Excedrin cause Gluten intolerance (Celiac disease - sprue)?
Summary: Gluten intolerance is found among people who take Excedrin, especially for people who are female, 50-59 old, also take medication Excedrin migraine caplets, and have Migraine.
We study 7,226 people who have side effects while taking Excedrin from FDA and social media. Among them, 8 have Gluten intolerance. Find out below who they are, when they have Gluten intolerance and more.
You are not alone: join a mobile support group for people who take Excedrin and have Gluten intolerance >>>
Excedrin (latest outcomes from 7,808 users) has active ingredients of acetaminophen; aspirin; caffeine. It is often used in headache.
Gluten intolerance (spectrum of disorders, including celiac disease and wheat allergy) (latest reports from 9,977 patients) has been reported by people with high blood pressure, depression, hypothyroidism, multiple sclerosis, high blood cholesterol.
On Oct, 26, 2014: 7,225 people reported to have side effects when taking Excedrin. Among them, 8 people (0.11%) have Gluten Intolerance.
Time on Excedrin when people have Gluten intolerance * :
Gender of people who have Gluten intolerance when taking Excedrin * :
|Gluten intolerance||77.78%||22.22% |
Age of people who have Gluten intolerance when taking Excedrin * :
|Gluten intolerance||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||25.00%||50.00%||25.00% |
Severity of Gluten intolerance when taking Excedrin ** :
How people recovered from Gluten intolerance ** :
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Migraine (4 people, 50.00%)
- Somnolence (3 people, 37.50%)
- Ulcer (3 people, 37.50%)
- Pain (2 people, 25.00%)
- Intervertebral disc operation (1 people, 12.50%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Excedrin migraine caplets (3 people, 37.50%)
- Nodoz (3 people, 37.50%)
- Fentanyl (1 people, 12.50%)
- Maalox max maximum strength (1 people, 12.50%)
- Norco (1 people, 12.50%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Do you have Gluten Intolerance while taking Excedrin?
You are not alone! Join a mobile support group:
- support group for people who take Excedrin and have Gluten Intolerance
- support group for people who take Excedrin
- support group for people who have Gluten Intolerance
Latest outcomes in real world:
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause:
Can you answer these questions (Ask a question):
- What would cause a false positive for valium? i.e. i didnt take it, but has shown up in several of my urine test
(Asked by a 32 year old woman who takes Suboxone, Lisinopril And Hydrochlorothiazide, Melatonin, Benadryl, Excedrin, Ranitidine)
I've been going to my Suboxone doctor for over a year now. In that time all I have done (as far as "narcotic" go) is my Suboxone and when my grandpa passed she wrote me a small script, on 2 different occasion for Xanax 0.5 (which I was actually able to hold onto until about a month ago..) Well, yest ...
- Does prazosin relieve tardive dyskensia ?
(Asked by a 42 year old woman who has Type 1 Diabetes Mellitus, Celiac Disease - Sprue, and takes Novolog)
Used Zoloft for 9 straight years. Now only take insulin. This is the only drug that is not addictive or dangerous like antidepressants are. . . Any thoughts?
- Is xarelto gluten free?
(Asked by a 63 year old woman who has Celiac Disease - Sprue, DVT, Pulmonary Embolism)
DVT & PE in February 2013. 6-month follow-up today. My doc said I'll be on Coumadin for life. 95% sure I'll switch to Xarelto if it's GF. Is it? Thanks.
- Is it ok to take excedrin migraine when taking propanolol?
(Asked by a 35 year old woman who has Heart Beat Irratic, and takes Propranolol Hydrochloride, Acetaminophen; Aspirin; Caffeine)
I take propanolol for migraine prevention. I got a bad headache so I took 2 excedrin migraines and now my heart beat is irratic and I have to taje deep breathes just to feel like I'm breathing.
- Please can you help me identify why my skin has broken out since i stopped smoking?
(Asked by a 40 year old woman who has Psoriasis, Celiac Disease - Sprue, and takes Indian Tumeric, Vitamin E)
I took Chantix for 9 days a day after quitting but stopped taking these. I was also on Limecycline for 2 weeks at the same time and stopped these at the same time as the chantix.
I had a rash on the top of my back, then on my face and neck which was difficult to see, but it felt like tiny little ...
More questions for: Excedrin, Gluten intolerance
More reviews for: Excedrin, Gluten intolerance
- A study of drug interactions between Fludrocortisone Acetate, Sumatriptan, Topiramate, Excedrin for a patient with Hypotension, Migraine, Headache - Mixed Tension Migraine. The patient has Ecg P Wave Inverted
Comments: Normal EKGs in past, severe migraine and took 100mg sumatriptan approx 4hrs before unrelated pre-op EKG, and failed pre-op certification, based on inverted T waves at V2 and V3
- A study of drug interactions between Excedrin, Levothyroxine Sodium, Pentasa, Cymbalta for a patient with Migraine, Hypothyroidism, Crohn's Disease, Depression. The patient has Cough Aggravated, Indigestion, Stomach Discomfort, Crohn's Disease, Ulcerative Colitis, Tremor, Hair Loss, Difficulty Breathing, Sore Throat, Choking
Comments: Jan 2014 CDiff, mucus in stool, very weak sick, stool incontinence 3-4 times a day. Had been on most meds since March 2014 after diagnosis of UC/Crohn's/Proctitis, in July I started to loose my hair in handfulls. I was diagnosed with hypothyroidism. I started shaking a lot and noticed facial tremors ...
- A study of side effects of Excedrin for a patient with Cramps - Menstrual. The patient has Shortness Of Breath
Comments: just having a little trouble breathing
- A study of drug interactions between Valerian, Melatonin, Aleve, Ibuprofen, Excedrin, Sudafed, Xanax for a patient with Insomnia, Pain - Back, Backaches And Stress, Headache, Sinusitis Chronic, Anxiety. The patient has Ankle Swelling
Comments: I'm having oral surgery in a couple of days & dentist gave me xanax to take for the anxiety. I tried one pill Friday night to see how it would affect me & noticed the swelling Saturday
- A study of drug interactions between Suboxone, Excedrin for a patient with Addiction, Headache. The patient has Sleep Paralysis
Comments: I had been experiencing sleep paralysis occasionally, now it is happening more often (about 3 nights a week) and for longer durations. I do sometimes feel my neck spasming during the episode, but it's not every time (and I'm not even sure if it's really happening)
More related studies for: Excedrin, Gluten intolerance
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.