Review: could Exforge cause Osteoporosis?
Summary: Osteoporosis is found among people who take Exforge, especially for people who are female, 60+ old, have been taking the drug for 5 - 10 years, also take medication Nexium, and have High blood pressure.
We study 4,389 people who have side effects while taking Exforge from FDA and social media. Among them, 34 have Osteoporosis. Find out below who they are, when they have Osteoporosis and more.
You are not alone: join a mobile support group for people who take Exforge and have Osteoporosis >>>
Exforge has active ingredients of amlodipine besylate; valsartan. It is often used in high blood pressure. (latest outcomes from 4,586 Exforge users)
Osteoporosis (bones weak and more likely to break) has been reported by people with osteopenia, high blood pressure, rheumatoid arthritis, pain, high blood cholesterol. (latest reports from 112,588 Osteoporosis patients)
On Mar, 4, 2015: 4,389 people reported to have side effects when taking Exforge. Among them, 34 people (0.77%) have Osteoporosis.
Time on Exforge when people have Osteoporosis * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years |
Gender of people who have Osteoporosis when taking Exforge * :
Age of people who have Osteoporosis when taking Exforge * :
Severity of Osteoporosis when taking Exforge ** :
How people recovered from Osteoporosis ** :
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Hypertension (29 people, 85.29%)
- Gastrooesophageal reflux disease (10 people, 29.41%)
- Back pain (7 people, 20.59%)
- Pain (6 people, 17.65%)
- Depression (6 people, 17.65%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Nexium (11 people, 32.35%)
- Diovan (11 people, 32.35%)
- Clonazepam (8 people, 23.53%)
- Simvastatin (7 people, 20.59%)
- Crestor (6 people, 17.65%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Do you have Osteoporosis while taking Exforge?
You are not alone! Join a mobile support group:
- support group for people who take Exforge and have Osteoporosis
- support group for people who take Exforge
- support group for people who have Osteoporosis
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause:
- A study of side effects of Amlodipine for a 78-year old woman with High Blood Pressure. The patient has Osteoporosis (bones weak and more likely to break)
- A study of drug interactions between Allopurinol, Exforge, Lipitor, Januvia, Glipizide And Metformin Hydrochloride for a 88-year old woman with Gout, Hypertension, High Blood Cholesterol, Diabetes. The patient has Muscle Pain
- A study of drug interactions between Glucophage, Exforge for a 64-year old man with Diabetes, Hypertension. The patient has The More I Stay Idel The More I Feel Better, Aging Changes In The Face, Sometimes Encountring Little Difficulty To Urinate After Waking Up In The Morning, Pain - Shoulder, Eyes - Dry, Feel Very Tired For A Day Or Two If I Lift Heavy Weight, Waking Up After The First One Hour Or Two Of Sleep At Night And Needing Rtwo To Tre Hours Afterwards To Sleep, Fluctuation Of Apitite Some Times Very Hungry Sometime No Apetite At All, Sinusitis Bacterial, Morning-after Pill, Slow Heart Beat, Swelling Of The Face, Lightheadedness - Dizzy, Easy Bruzing Sometimes, Burning Sensation, Generally Poor Lipido And Hard To Get An Erection And Sustaining It, Fluid Imbalance, Ear Continuous Noise, Night Sweats, Ear Pain, Physical Activity, Joint Pain, Low Platelet Count, Wbc Count
- A study of drug interactions between Estrogel, Paroxetine Hydrochloride for a 46-year old woman with Menopause Hot Flashes, Depressive Symptom. The patient has Menopause, Osteoporosis
- A study of drug interactions between Reglan, Advair Diskus 250/50, Albuterol Sulfate, Nexium, Exforge for a 46-year old man with GERD, Copd, Hypertension. The patient has Lightheadedness - Dizzy, Nose Bleeds
Recent Exforge related drug comparison:
- Comparions of Multaq, Xarelto, Carvedilol, Exforge for a 71-year old man who has Dexilant
- Comparions of Venlafaxine Hydrochloride, Clopidogrel Bisulfate, Exforge, Crestor for a 52-year old man who has Aneurysm In The Brain
- Comparions of Celebrex, Cozaar, Exforge for a 86-year old woman who has High Blood Pressure
- Comparions of Namenda, Exforge, Clopidogrel, Citalopram Hydrobromide for a 81-year old woman who has Thyroid Mass
- Comparions of Aspirin, Exforge for a 43-year old man who has Blood Pressure
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.