Home > Exforge > Osteoporosis > Exforge and Osteoporosis
You are not alone: join a mobile support group for people who take Exforge and have Osteoporosis >>>
Exforge (latest outcomes from 4,583 users) has active ingredients of amlodipine besylate; valsartan. It is often used in high blood pressure.
Osteoporosis (bones weak and more likely to break) (latest reports from 112,545 patients) has been reported by people with osteopenia, high blood pressure, rheumatoid arthritis, pain, high blood cholesterol.
On Oct, 26, 2014: 4,386 people reported to have side effects when taking Exforge. Among them, 34 people (0.78%) have Osteoporosis.
Time on Exforge when people have Osteoporosis * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years |
Gender of people who have Osteoporosis when taking Exforge * :
Age of people who have Osteoporosis when taking Exforge * :
Severity of Osteoporosis when taking Exforge ** :
How people recovered from Osteoporosis ** :
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Hypertension (29 people, 85.29%)
- Gastrooesophageal reflux disease (10 people, 29.41%)
- Back pain (7 people, 20.59%)
- Pain (6 people, 17.65%)
- Depression (6 people, 17.65%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Nexium (11 people, 32.35%)
- Diovan (11 people, 32.35%)
- Clonazepam (8 people, 23.53%)
- Simvastatin (7 people, 20.59%)
- Crestor (6 people, 17.65%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Do you have Osteoporosis while taking Exforge?
You are not alone! Join a mobile support group:
- support group for people who take Exforge and have Osteoporosis
- support group for people who take Exforge
- support group for people who have Osteoporosis
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause:
Can you answer these questions (Ask a question):
- Can i take ibuprofen with acronel
(Asked by a 61 year old woman who has Osteoporosis, and takes Actonel)
I have pain in my pain and tail bone. pain in the tail bone related to a fall,
pain in my spine related to osteoporosis.
- Can synthroid be taken with any of the drugs listed?
(Asked by a 81 year old woman who has Dementia Of The Alzheimer's Type, With Delusions, Blood Pressure, Cholesterol, and takes Razadyne, Namenda, Clopidogrel, Citalopram Hydrobromide, Pravastatin Sodium, Mirtazapine, Exforge)
My mother takes 9 drugs one of which is Synthroid. We are trying to spread out the amount of pills taken daily (A.M Noon Evening and bedtime) so she isn't taking four or more at a time.
- Effective treatment for adult scoliosis
(Asked by a 57 year old woman who has Scoliosis, Arthritus, Osteoporosis, Bursitis, and takes Robaxin, Boniva, Mobic)
Even with these medications I have muscle spasms in my back, neck, shoulders and leg pain that makes it hard to walk. I don't understand because 2 years ago I was healthy, string, active.
- I have bipolar disorder and adhd and take nuvigil for the adhd and on occasion take lunesta for sleep. anybody else take this combination and what side effects or effects in general have you noticed?
(Asked by a 63 year old woman who has Bipolar I Disorder, Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder, Renal Failure, Stage 3, Primary Hypothyroidism, Generalized Anxiety Disorder, Post-traumatic Stress Disorder, Osteoporosis, Edema - Peripheral, Peripheral Edema, and takes Cymbalta, Lexapro, Lamictal, Latuda, Levothyroxine Sodium, Lunesta, Nuvigil, Maxide, Multivitamin)
I'm anxious about any untoward drug interactions. I can't take stimulants because of a history of abuse. I take Nuvgil for my ADHD and it's the first time I can concentraate in years! I can't believe how much easier it is to organize, get things done, and read. Plus it helps the chronic fatigue I ...
- Is there a link between forteo and macular holes?
(Asked by a 82 year old woman who has Osteoporosis, Glaucoma, Macular Hole, and takes Forteo)
My 82 year old mother has osteoporosis and was taking Forteo for several years (stopped taking aprox. 2 1/2 years ago) She also has Glaucoma. She recently developed a macular hole and just had surgery to correct it. Is there any link between Forteo and macular holes or other vision problems? We a ...
More questions for: Exforge, Osteoporosis
You may be interested at these reviews (Write a review):
- Fosamax causes numerous problems
(Posted by a 63 year old woman who has Osteoporosis, and takes Fosamax)
I took Fosamax for 7 years. In the last two years my bone decreased, where as it had been 28% loss in the spine it went to 31% loss. For the first 5 years it did stop any bone loss but later seemed to stop working. I was very lucky with this drug as others have numerous problems. one lady I know wa ...
- Paxil cause osteoporosis?
(Posted by a 58 year old woman who has Osteoporosis, Obsessive-compulsive Disorder, and takes Paxil)
I had OCD since age 8. At 42 I was finally diagnosed and put on Paxil. When I reached 40 mgs and after 2 months on 40 mgs i was completely cured of OCD. I stayed on Paxil for the next 15 years. I no longer take any SSRI as they were causing severe lethargy that last few years of use. When I was aro ...
- Pain in the neck and arthritis after taking generic fosamax
(Posted by a 64 year old woman who has Osteoporosis, Thyroid Nodules, Neck Pain, Anterior Knee Pain, Swelling Of A Joint, and takes Alendronate Sodium)
I started taking Generic Fosamax about six months ago and last week i had a terrible neck pain and spasm. I went to my accupunturist and he did accupunture and massage, but the pain did not go away. Later that week, I noticed that I had a lot of pain every time I flexed my left knee, and later that ...
More reviews for: Exforge, Osteoporosis
- A study of drug interactions between Vitamin C, Magnesium, Garlic, Fish Oil, Topamax for a patient with Multi-vitamin Maintenance, Sleep Disorder, High Blood Cholesterol, Migraine. The patient has Osteoporosis, Swelling Of A Joint, Face Pain, Migraine, Fatigue, Dizziness
Comments: My celiac panel was very abnormal except for IGA which was normal. However I do not have GI symptoms. I have dizziness and light- headed ness. When I eliminated topamax the symptoms resolved. I wonder if topamax caused the blood work abnormality? I have taken it for 10 years?
- A study of side effects of Morphine Sulfate for a patient with Back Pain. The patient has Osteoporosis (bones weak and more likely to break)
Comments: I have neurofibromatosis. Tumors in the spine causing pain. I had a full hysterectomy 33 year s ago and could not take hormones due to the effect on my tumors. I have been taking calcium meds for 20 years and rye last for the past 3 years with no slowing down on calcium deletion in my bones.
- A study of drug interactions between Arimidex, Arimidex, Arimidex for a patient with Breast Cancer Stage I. The patient has Pelvic Kidney, Degenerative Joint Disease, Osteoporosis
Comments: I was on this drug for 18 months and had horrendous bone pains, heterogeneous liver, did not have osteoporosis before I took it, whilst taking it developed it, and degenerative disc disease, heterogeneous liver which cleared up after stopping a year early, and lost my kidney that rapidly decreased.
- A study of drug interactions between Carbamazepine, Zonisamide, Lamotrigine, Lamotrigine, Acyclovir, Gamma-aminobutyric Acid, Biotin, Vitamin D, B-12, Vimpat for a patient with Epilepsy, Herpes Simplex, Loss Of Hair, Osteopetrosis, Low Density Lipoprotein Abnormal. The patient has Stools - Bloody, Depression, Osteoporosis, Lamotrigine, Stomach Discomfort, Coordination Abnormal Nos, Lack Of Spontaneous Speech
Comments: Diagnosed at age 6....Controlled until the last 5 years (2 status epilepticus).
Better now but having a complex partial every couple months. Coming off Vimpat
as the half life being so short caused problems along with other side effects.
Ramping up on Lamotrigine....now at 350mg total. Just exper ...
- A study of side effects of Exforge for a patient with Blood Pressure. The patient has Lichen Planus (an inflammatory skin condition, characterized by an itchy, non-infectious rash)
Comments: I'm unsure if there is a link between the drug and my condition as I'd been taking Exforge for 12 months before I developed lichen planus, but as it's the only medication I take, I wonderedif there is a link.
More related studies for: Exforge, Osteoporosis
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.